Got METV in Australia with no residency / employment requirements.

The METV thread is very long, could be useful to have this report in one thread, also interested if anyone else experienced the same thing.

Original report: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/870548-the-multiple-entry-tourist-visa-topic-metv/page-38#entry10304509

That poster was a Brit on holiday on an eVisitor certificate who obtained the METV in Australia without proof of employment / residency in that country.

Only had to show bank statements and a flight ticket.

Consulate websites match that.

The eVisitor seems to be free of charge for EU passport holders https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Australia#eVisitor_.28subclass_651.29

Airasia has some promo flight BKK -> Melbourne for under 7000 Baht.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add, I received an email reply from the Perth consulate today (Perth being closer than Melbourne)

Dear Mr X,

Yes, we can issue an METV to you.

The visa requirements are listed on the second page of our form which can be downloaded from our website below.

Kind regards,
Royal Thai Consulate, Perth Staff

Ground Floor
28-42 Ventnor Avenue
West Perth, WA 6005
Postal Address: PO BOX 848, West Perth, WA 6872
Tel: (08) 9226 2288
Email: [email protected]

in response to my email:

Good afternoon,

I’m currently in Thailand on an extended holiday, and my current single entry tourist visa is due to expire early February

I am a British passport holder.

I have recently read reports online that the new METV was issued to a British citizen at the Thai consulate in Melbourne.

Providing I can meet the financial requirements, and flight tickets etc would the Perth consulate be able to process a multiple entry tourist visa application for a Brit?

If so could you please clarify the required documents, and any other pertinent information?

Well blow me down. Those trend setting AU consulates.

UK guys for one example can fly direct to Melbourne with jetstar, sometimes 10k return. Dreamliner under 9 hours.

For Yanks even better option.

The Tourist Visa application 'Form A' from the Royal Thai Consulate - Perth also asks:

14 What is your purpose of visiting? And then asks you to sign and date the following:

DECLARATIONS: I have read and agreed to the above conditions. The information I have given is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge

From page 2 of the Perth application form regarding METV:

A BANK'S CERTIFICATE OF BALANCE showing a balance of the amount equal to and not less than $8,000AUD or 200,000 Baht if applying for METV.

PROOF OF AUSTRALIAN VISA is required, if you are not an Australian citizen. Please provide a copy of your VEVO (see:www.border.gov.au/Busi/Visa).

No mention of proof of employment.

I want to head back to oz early next month and no way is any one way flight under 10,000 baht,under 10,000 is low season prices.

The Tourist Visa application 'Form A' from the Royal Thai Consulate - Perth also asks:

14 What is your purpose of visiting? And then asks you to sign and date the following:

DECLARATIONS: I have read and agreed to the above conditions. The information I have given is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge

And then?

Purpose would be extended tourism wouldn't it? Hence a 6 (9) month visa being available

Obtaining an METV from Australia may be a solution for some but an expensive solution. Flights, Hotel Accommodation, Ground Transportation etc.!

Cheaper than a trip back to the UK, Europe, or USA.

Probably cheaper than 4 or 5 trips a year to neighbouring countries for a SETV

Sent from my mobile, please forgive the autocorrect!

I want to head back to oz early next month and no way is any one way flight under 10,000 baht,under 10,000 is low season prices.

From where, BKK? It's 6.3k last week of the month, 12k earlier than that.

xGSoiK5.png

Obtaining an METV from Australia may be a solution for some but an expensive solution. Flights, Hotel Accommodation, Ground Transportation etc.!

Not really.

I have no idea what is METV? I am not inclined to read this tread anyway, no time for it.

Multiple entry tourist visas, allows up to 9 months stay, replaces the double / triple entries of past.

From where, BKK? It's 6.3k last week of the month, 12k earlier than that.

xGSoiK5.png

Which airline mate ?, I searched AirAsia and was coming up at 20,000 baht.

Archived