Chiang Mai: Man murders 1-year-old son and attacks wife after drunken rage

webfact

Man Murders One Year Old Son and Attacks Wife After Drunken Rage
by CityNews

cm2.jpg

CityNews – On January 13, a drunk man murdered his one-year-old son and injured his wife at his home in Sanpatong district.

Police discovered the body of the one-year-old baby, Jirayu Laimangkorn, with a fatal cut to his throat, and the mother, 26-year-old Sujira Janthanan, with severe knife injuries.

The suspect, and father of the deceased, was identified as 37-year-old Surapong Laimangkorn.

According to investigations, Surapong had been drinking and then began fighting with his wife. The fight ended with him attacking his wife with a knife then murdering his one-year-old son.

After police were called, Surapong tried to escape but was later arrested by police after neighbours chased him to a gas station.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/man-murders-one-year-old-son-and-attacks-wife-after-drunken-rage/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-01-18

Alcohol has a lot to answer for, RIP little fella.

regards Worgeordie

Yes of all drugs alcohol is the one causing the most aggression. You will always see alcohol users look down on weed use, but in fact its far less damaging. (but illegal) Weed users only assault a pizza or a bar of chocolate.

Alcohol on the other hand.. some people just can't handle it. (I am not for a ban because plenty of people can handle it I am for free drug use as such but once someone has been aggressive on a drug take away that right.)

regards Worgeordie

Yes of all drugs alcohol is the one causing the most aggression. You will always see alcohol users look down on weed use, but in fact its far less damaging. (but illegal) Weed users only assault a pizza or a bar of chocolate.

Alcohol on the other hand.. some people just can't handle it. (I am not for a ban because plenty of people can handle it I am for free drug use as such but once someone has been aggressive on a drug take away that right.)

I dont think that this is the right thread to discuss the difference between marijuana and alcohol and neither should this thread be used to bash Thai males or Thailand in general IMO

regards Worgeordie

I dont think that this is the right thread to discuss the difference between marijuana and alcohol and neither should this thread be used to bash Thai males or Thailand in general IMO

This has nothing to do with Thai males.. just with aggression caused by alcohol, alcohol causes aggression all over the world. Sad that it claims such a young life.

i don't drink. some times i have a glass of wine. i am a very non aggressive person.

i last time i got into a "fight' i was 10 years old. shoving and wrestling in the school yard.

i was in a bar in Hua Hin (talking to bar girls of course) smile.png and a very loud man from a very small country in the EU when on a anti American rant. he started calling Americans very name in the book. this was some really bad shit. he did not know where i was from. a young man with very slanted view of history. this went on for 10 minutes. at that time i had one glass of wine in me.

in my head, i wanted wanted to say to him "Shouldn't you be having this conversation in German or maybe Russian?"

then i started thinking i would put on my motorcycle gloves, which would be like getting hit in the face with a PVC pipe, and beat the shit out of this guy. the name calling alone was reason enough.

but, i didn't of course. i didn't say word. but i see the rage in some men's faces after they have just a few beers.

and i knew after just one glass of wine i was turning into the Hulk. ready to "go ahead, make my day" with this guy.

rage and alcohol.

That's a Bt1000 fine right there.

In reality, he could get the death sentence .

"Could". Like the bloke who raped and killed the little girl and threw her body off a train?

Yes, he did get the death sentence, as I recall

And how dead is he? :)

regards Worgeordie

Are you reformed alcoholic? This psycho fortunately will never see a trial, the monster has a lot to answer for and the filth will pay with his life!

regards Worgeordie

This has nothing to do with Thai males.. just with aggression caused by alcohol, alcohol causes aggression all over the world. Sad that it claims such a young life.

It may have nothing to do with Thai males, however it also has little to do with aggression stemming from getting pissed, this man is sick and should have been shot on site like a rabid dog! Millions of people all over the world get drunk every single day! They do not cut their children's throat. I am not disputing the fact that people get aggressive when they drink to much, but their is a primary problem rooted in that persons brain to act in such a way.

That's a Bt1000 fine right there.

What a nasty, horrible statement!

Tears in Heaven for the little boy

If it's nasty, it's nasty towards the pathetic Thai judicial system which probably means he will not get the punishment he deserves (which, just to clarify, I believe should be extermination).

It may have nothing to do with Thai males, however it also has little to do with aggression stemming from getting pissed - PMK 1000

The trouble with alcohol is that it affects the brain's control mechanisms and causes even non-addicted individuals to do irrational and even reprehensible things which they normally wouldn't do - as in this dreadfully tragic case. Heed what the man's wife says - that it was excess booze which caused him to behave as he did towards the child he loved. Can you imagine how he will feel for the rest of his life?

In developed countries like the UK, alcohol is the cause of more than half all serious crime and I doubt the situation in Thailand is any different, though hard facts (because of the way statistics are collated here) are hard to come by.

It is high time alcohol was treated for what it is - as the hardest and most damaging of all drugs (actually, it's not just a drug, but a poisonous drug). Unfortunately, the huge business interests behind the alcohol industry are adroit at sapping the political will to do anything about the horrors which result from the abuse of their profitable substance.

Smoking, which in my youth was de rigueur, has been drastically reduced across the world, with a huge saving of lives and cost, despite trenchant opposition from the tobacco industry and nicotine addicts. The same could be done with drinking. But first, the whole world has to admit it is addicted. That's some ask!

It may haveIt may have nothing to do with Thai males, however it also has little to do with aggression stemming from getting pissed, nothing to do with Thai males, however it also has little to do with aggression stemming from getting pissed,

That's just nasty.

Regardless of whether he was affected by alcohol or not, no human being, child or adult, should be subjected to such abuse, actual violence, mental abuse, or whatever.

We still have a long way to go on this, in all countries, and IMHO the lawmakers should be doing a lot more to introduce much more serious punishments for such abuse.

regards Worgeordie

Talk about going off on a tangent! Have another puff

Archived