Chiang Mai: Man murders 1-year-old son and attacks wife after drunken rage

webfact

Alcohol has a lot to answer for, RIP little fella.

regards Worgeordie

I'd say the fragile Thai Male ego has far more to answer for here pal.

Sleep well little man.....crying.gif

........I'm speechless in this one. RIP

Alcohol has a lot to answer for, RIP little fella.

regards Worgeordie

Yes of all drugs alcohol is the one causing the most aggression. You will always see alcohol users look down on weed use, but in fact its far less damaging. (but illegal) Weed users only assault a pizza or a bar of chocolate.

Alcohol on the other hand.. some people just can't handle it. (I am not for a ban because plenty of people can handle it I am for free drug use as such but once someone has been aggressive on a drug take away that right.)

I dont think that this is the right thread to discuss the difference between marijuana and alcohol and neither should this thread be used to bash Thai males or Thailand in general IMO

Good luck to you Luke if you want to stop the Thai bashing brigade on this Forum. They just love to hate the country they live in, and they'll use just about any piece of news to bash away.

That brigade, along with the hang'em all brigade, is a major reason why I spend much less time on this Forum nowadays, even though I really liked it when I joined a few years ago. But the imbecillity of many comments is just too much. Discussions are supposed to act as an incentive for people to use their brain, their experience, and clichés have nothing to do with either. They're just the result of conditioning.

A guy kills his baby and injures his wife because he had too much to drink. It's horrible, it's shocking, and it happens in other countries too. Blaming Thai culture (or lack thereof) is therefore irrelevant, stupid, and sterile.

i don't drink. some times i have a glass of wine. i am a very non aggressive person.

i last time i got into a "fight' i was 10 years old. shoving and wrestling in the school yard.

i was in a bar in Hua Hin (talking to bar girls of course) smile.png and a very loud man from a very small country in the EU when on a anti American rant. he started calling Americans very name in the book. this was some really bad shit. he did not know where i was from. a young man with very slanted view of history. this went on for 10 minutes. at that time i had one glass of wine in me.

in my head, i wanted wanted to say to him "Shouldn't you be having this conversation in German or maybe Russian?"

then i started thinking i would put on my motorcycle gloves, which would be like getting hit in the face with a PVC pipe, and beat the shit out of this guy. the name calling alone was reason enough.

but, i didn't of course. i didn't say word. but i see the rage in some men's faces after they have just a few beers.

and i knew after just one glass of wine i was turning into the Hulk. ready to "go ahead, make my day" with this guy.

rage and alcohol.

Good story !

And good on you ! thumbsup.gif

We all know it just cones from ignorance (lack of knowledge) anyway......... wai.gif

i don't drink. some times i have a glass of wine. i am a very non aggressive person.

i last time i got into a "fight' i was 10 years old. shoving and wrestling in the school yard.

i was in a bar in Hua Hin (talking to bar girls of course) smile.png and a very loud man from a very small country in the EU when on a anti American rant. he started calling Americans very name in the book. this was some really bad shit. he did not know where i was from. a young man with very slanted view of history. this went on for 10 minutes. at that time i had one glass of wine in me.

in my head, i wanted wanted to say to him "Shouldn't you be having this conversation in German or maybe Russian?"

then i started thinking i would put on my motorcycle gloves, which would be like getting hit in the face with a PVC pipe, and beat the shit out of this guy. the name calling alone was reason enough.

but, i didn't of course. i didn't say word. but i see the rage in some men's faces after they have just a few beers.

and i knew after just one glass of wine i was turning into the Hulk. ready to "go ahead, make my day" with this guy.

rage and alcohol.

Good story !

And good on you ! thumbsup.gif

We all know it just cones from ignorance (lack of knowledge) anyway......... wai.gif

P.S. To be clear I am referring to his rant kap wai.gif

It may haveIt may have nothing to do with Thai males, however it also has little to do with aggression stemming from getting pissed, nothing to do with Thai males, however it also has little to do with aggression stemming from getting pissed,

What utter tosh, it has everything to do with aggression stemming from getting pissed, did you not read the story?

Why defend the demon drink when it is clearly the cause of this man's actions?

Are the facts about the damage that alcohol causes too close to home for you or are you actually drinking as you write this crap?

My god!what is wrong with these people.To cut a 1 year old boys throat! I once read that indigenous indians,be they American plains indians, or what ever kind of indians,Maori's,and Australian Aboriginies included,lack a gene that enables them to handle alcohol.Now i wonder if this is true.

KKD

I can't wait to hear the court proceedings is all I can say.

The justice system in Thailand is feeble at best (which is clearly the point many of you missed in my post).

How many times have you read of criminals being caught having just been released from prison?

Good luck to you Luke if you want to stop the Thai bashing brigade on this Forum. They just love to hate the country they live in, and they'll use just about any piece of news to bash away.

That brigade, along with the hang'em all brigade, is a major reason why I spend much less time on this Forum nowadays, even though I really liked it when I joined a few years ago. But the imbecillity of many comments is just too much. Discussions are supposed to act as an incentive for people to use their brain, their experience, and clichés have nothing to do with either. They're just the result of conditioning.

Fully agree with you Yann, but for me I am delighted to read these stupidities everyday that make me feel smart.
In the case note that actual manner is the second state of systematic apologize for all criminals. In the mouths of lawyers we can understood but here?
There are millions of people who drink excessively every day. This does not transform provided by assassins. So the drunk excuse is weak. However it is likely that his IQ was trapped in the basement.
RIP little guy

We all do stupid things after too many drinks .

Say and do things that we later regret .

Imaging walking up in a prison cell .

Hungover, with little recollection of the night before and wondering why you are in jail.

Then all the memories come flooding back .

Yesterday you were a young Father and today you are a child killer and facing a long time on jail at best and the death sentence at worst .

A lesson for everyone . Control yourself and dont be stupid when drunk

I often read articles in TV with a hardened heart but in this case it doesn't matter whether what happened was the result of a fragile male ego/ fragile Thai male ego/ alcohol, mental illness or what, it's still tragic. And no matter what it does, the Thai justice system can not bring that little boy back to life.

I wonder about the father who's been charged with the murder, and in turn what his upbringing was like. Another poster talked about the prevalence of bad behaviours in villages. If there's nothing better on offer, all too often people become what they see and what they know. I think there's a wider tragedy here.

Archived