RIP Por

ldiablo

Sad that in this day and age of modern medicine etc that a life is lost to a Mosquito!

POPULAR Thai TV star Thrisadee Por Sahawong passed away this morning from complications related to dengue fever after spending more than two months in a coma.

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/01/popular-thai-actor-por-thridsadee-37-dies-of-dengue-fever/

Tv actor/personality.

Sad that in this day and age of modern medicine etc that a life is lost to a Mosquito!

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/01/popular-thai-actor-por-thridsadee-37-dies-of-dengue-fever/

Indeed sadly it shows how little my knowledge of Thai celebrities is,probably because I'm still watching re runs of dads army and only fools and horses.

RIP Por.

After careful thought,it is sad but what's even more sadder is the fact that the nation mourns a superstar who has died due to dengue fever while countless other folk go unnoticed.

I hope this sad event may bring the issue to light for those running the show,although I feel that may be highly unlikely.

It just goes to show that an event such as this may just educate the uneducated folk.

After careful thought,it is sad but what's even more sadder is the fact that the nation mourns a superstar who has died due to dengue fever while countless other folk go unnoticed.

I hope this sad event may bring the issue to light for those running the show,although I feel that may be highly unlikely.

It just goes to show that an event such as this may just educate the uneducated folk.

I bet now that someone famous has died many more Thais will take Dengue seriously. They might not be as pro-active about it as they should but it will probably prevent many more cases that would have otherwise happened.

Because let's face it, right now they do absolutely nothing to prevent the spread of Dengue. Just doing anything to reduce the risk is a start. A famous person dying from Dengue is the most education the whole of Thailand has ever had on the subject so let's hope his death makes somewhat of a positive change.

Lets be honest he was a rubbish actor as were the lakorns he appeared in, just another pretty face. However, he was very popular and to die so young after a long battle that included amputation is tragic. Lets hope it results in more action against mosquitoes.

Dengue fever....

Had a friend that got it from the PI....But symptoms started after she landed in the US....

Even in the US at one of the better Bay Area hospitals they cannot arrest it → only treat the attacked organs as the constant tests dictate as needed/affected.....

Not something to be underestimated...

She survived but it took years for the organs to recover.....Some organs that are attacked cannot recover....

Edited by pgrahmm

Can someone explain what happened to him exactly ?

Should we really avoid any mosquito bite ?

Thank you.

In rare cases, Dengue fever can lead to life threatening complications, which is why people who have it are hospitalised and placed under observation.

And yes, we really should avoid mosquito bites, by using repellent and sleeping under a mosquito net if they can get into your room. If you are unlucky, they can infect you with Dengue or malaria. The mosquitos that carry Dengue are active during the day.

I bet now that someone famous has died many more Thais will take Dengue seriously. They might not be as pro-active about it as they should but it will probably prevent many more cases that would have otherwise happened.

Because let's face it, right now they do absolutely nothing to prevent the spread of Dengue. Just doing anything to reduce the risk is a start. A famous person dying from Dengue is the most education the whole of Thailand has ever had on the subject so let's hope his death makes somewhat of a positive change.

I'm not sure that it can be stopped. Last i heard it was breaking out in europe with cases reported in germany, switzerland etc.

Can someone explain what happened to him exactly ?

Should we really avoid any mosquito bite ?

Thank you.

I'm not an expert on Dengue but avoiding mosquito bites is the most difficult way to prevent the disease.

The easiest way is to drain or remove places where water collects so that mosquitos cannot breed there.

• 8 months later...
On 1/18/2016 at 8:07 PM, stoneyboy said:

1. I agree sad that anybody passes away but even sadder and unfair that non-celebrities pass without notice.

2. My Thai neighbor is the head doctor of the regional communicable diseases office for one region of the North. He says that dengue fever is very difficult to totally understand, there has been progress towards finding a cure but more work and testing still needed. He also mentions it took global research many decades to make any progress on malaria but now closer to a final medicine to then be tested for side effects etc.  

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

1. I agree sad that anybody passes away but even sadder and unfair that non-celebrities pass without notice.

2. My Thai neighbor is the head doctor of the regional communicable diseases office for one region of the North. He says that dengue fever is very difficult to totally understand, it can be deadly or leave lingering sickness and disabilities, there has been progress towards finding a cure but more work and testing still needed. He advises if you think you or a family member might have dengue then quickly insist on specific testing. If doctor / hospital not cooperative or slow move quickly to another hospital.

He also mentions it took global research many decades to make any progress on malaria but now closer to a final medicine to then be tested for side effects etc.