Business owners decry Koh Samet nightlife curfew

webfact

Lol, the criminals attached to the local untouchables who are illegally operating their businesses in a National Park and have been for years are now complaining at the injustice of it all.

Seen this before? Wang Nam Khieo, Phuket, Khao Khor, Phi-Phi, the list goes on and on.

If the sound systems here were at the same volume as in the entertainment venues in Europe late opening wouldn't be a problem, but I bet these places can be heard from the mainland.

Equally likely, I would have thought, is that anyone standing on the north-eastern shores of Koh Samed on a Sunday afternoon or early evening can easily hear the "dulcet" sounds of "boom-boom" music being played at top volume through megawatt sound systems mounted on vehicles parked alongside the beaches to the east of Ban Phe!

Is Chiang Mai a national park too?! Same curfew for 6 months now. Tourists whom have encountered being thrown on the streets at 23.45 on their holiday will NEVER be back. Carry on like this, we'll see the true fruits in 2 years from now. I don't mind. Nice and quiet.

I don't mind a bit. Too many damn farang in Chiang Mai as it is! lol

cheesy.gif

Why is it that both "farang" and Thais constantly talk about "farang" tourists as if they were the only ones coming to Thailand? Last I remember, Chiang Mai was full of Chinese tourists, not "farang". Unless "farang" is also an equally acceptable term to refer to Chinese now, "farang jeen" perhaps?

The way things are going, Thailand will be lucky to have any "farang" left in a few years time. And if you ask me, that's NOT a good thing!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have never heard of the numerous gay bars that are wanting loud music there. In fact I have never heard Koh Samet mentioned as a gay destination ever. I don't really care but if there is is a huge gay scene there as a gay man I would be surprised to hear about it.

Archived