Dengue fever cases in Thailand have quadrupled in one week

webfact

A lot of people do build up immunity to diseases. When I was in PNG we had to take anti-malaria tablets and would be sacked if it was found we didnt take them. The locals never took them but we were told they didnt need them as they had a built in immunity having lived since birth in the jungles

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's fatal that the existing dengue fever vaccine is not available here in Thailand....!

There is no really effective vaccine for dengue because dengue is a combination of 4 types of malaria. There are vaccines for the individual types but nothing that goes across all of them in a single shot

MMS cures dengue in about 4 hours. [done it myself -works !!!]

So does Vitamin C and lots of water.

Problem is: It's all too cheap and there is no profit in cheap stuff.

That's why cheap solutions are always rejected from the health-business-professionals ... bad for the people but good for business.

It's an insane system we live in.

Bad and dangerous advice which others should ignore.

There is NO "cure" for dengue but on occasion very specific medical treatment is required to counter the effects of potentially lethal "complications"

I stand to what I wrote ! It works and it is proven !

I am writing this to help as obviously "school medicine" has no solution [makes me wondere though .... ].

If you can prove me wrong just do it ... I can prove I am right as I have done this and it works [not only for dengue but for many other issues as well]

it's fatal that the existing dengue fever vaccine is not available here in Thailand....!

There is no really effective vaccine for dengue because dengue is a combination of 4 types of malaria. There are vaccines for the individual types but nothing that goes across all of them in a single shot

WRONG !

http://www.sanofipasteur.com/en/articles/sanofi-pasteur-s-dengue-vaccine-candidate-successfully-completes-final-landmark-phase-3-clinical-efficacy-study-in-latin-america.aspx

Fortunately you are absolutely wrong:

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/44751/title/First-Dengue-Vax-Approved/

Do first your research before stupid reply

WRONG !

http://www.sanofipasteur.com/en/articles/sanofi-pasteur-s-dengue-vaccine-candidate-successfully-completes-final-landmark-phase-3-clinical-efficacy-study-in-latin-america.aspx

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/44751/title/First-Dengue-Vax-Approved/

That's why cheap solutions are always rejected from the health-business-professionals ... bad for the people but good for business.

And don't forget to run three times around the block and lit a candle of course...cheesy.gif and sing a song wai2.gif

After that celebrity Por passed away from that disease, it's suddenly big news, though this disease has been in South East Asia for ages aka unreported for the sake of Thailand's image.....

Are you sure it's not that you just noticed what I have since I got here 5 years ago and never heard of it before?

"That's why cheap solutions are always rejected from the health-business-professionals ... bad for the people but good for business." You've got that the wrong way round, surely?

I have had it 3 times over a 4 year period. Dont tell me you cant get it twice because you can. Am living proof of it. But that is not the point. Here in Bangkok where I live the mosquito problem is rampant! I live next to a wet market that operates from 4AM till noon. Have asked the govt department that deals with it to come over after my 3rd infection to fume the place. But nope!!! The market people went nuts claiming they loose a days trade. Oh well.... And lately the kids at the market here also got infected but still they wont budge! Guess as soon as the kids of the owner get it something will be done.

Actually you can get it 5 times as there are now 5 different strains of dengue. What you can't get is the same strain twice.

WRONG !

Thanks ! I had not seen that article !

Agree with you about those who do not know refraining from posting nonsense !

After that celebrity Por passed away from that disease, it's suddenly big news, though this disease has been in South East Asia for ages aka unreported for the sake of Thailand's image.....

Are you sure it's not that you just noticed what I have since I got here 5 years ago and never heard of it before?

You've been here for 5 years and never heard of dengue fever? Unbelievable!

I'm so thankful that I am one of the lucky few who manages to produce a natural repellent to mosquitoes. There have been many studies undertaken to find out why, and theories range from CO2 release, diet and a natural production of several hormones and chemicals. I have been in LOS for 6 years now and can count how many times I have been bitten on 1 hand, again luckily. More studies need to head towards this because the mosquito is the single most deadliest thing to our species.

They've also recently learned that medications for mental illness repels them? I'm happy here too.

There is NO "cure" for dengue but on occasion very specific medical treatment is required to counter the effects of potentially lethal "complications"

I am writing this to help as obviously "school medicine" has no solution [makes me wondere though .... ].

If you can prove me wrong just do it ... I can prove I am right as I have done this and it works [not only for dengue but for many other issues as well]

Here is the nuclear response !

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/10632086/Miracle-cure-on-sale-in-NZ

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/hot/media/2010/miraclemineralsolution.asp

You keep on swallowing industrial grade bleach if you believe that to be wise but do not seek to persuade others to adopt such foolish behavior.

I've had dengue twice, just went to regular doctor for some meds. If hospital can't cure, why go? one week and mostly gone.

Regarding age bracket seems to hit, the big Spanish flu after WW1 that killed 18 million hit same bracket. No one has figured that one out to the best of my knowledge either.

Not likely:

"Miracle Mineral Supplement, often referred to as Miracle Mineral Solution, Master Mineral Solution, or MMS, is a toxic solution of 28%[1] sodium chlorite in distilled water. The product contains essentially the same ingredient as industrial-strength bleach before "activation" with a food-grade acid. The name was coined by Jim Humble in his 2006 self-published book, The Miracle Mineral Solution of the 21st Century.[2] A more dilute version is marketed as Chlorine Dioxide Solution (CDS).[3]

MMS is falsely promoted as a cure for HIV, malaria, hepatitis viruses, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, autism, acne, cancer, and much more. There have been no clinical trials to test these claims, which come only from anecdotal reports and Humble's book.[4][5] In January 2010, The Sydney Morning Herald reported that one vendor admitted that they do not repeat any of Humble's claims in writing to circumvent regulations against using it as a medicine.[6] Sellers sometimes describe MMS as a water purifier so as to circumvent medical regulations.[7] The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies rejected "in the strongest terms" reports by promoters of MMS that they had used the product to fight malaria.[8]"

He should still be alive. He was initially misdiagnosed at a private hospital. He had been infected with dengue before, and the result can be DHF. If he had gone to a local hospital in the boonies the doctors would have recognised in straight away, as they see similar cases a lot. Por was in a bad state for more than two months before he died. I believe he was being kept alive to help 'prepare' Thais for the inevitable.

I live in the boonies, and I had dengue 6 years ago. For the reasons stated above , i decided to go to the local government hospital -after all the village kids seemed to contract it every year

The local government hospital were told by me that in all likliehood I had dengue (following my online investigation ) However, despite a blood test, the Doctor insisted I had gonorrhea, and became quite rude, when I insisted I had no problem "downstairs"!

4 hours later I was in a private hospital with confirmed haemmorhagic dengue fever!

I will NEVER use a Thai government hospital again.

From Wikipedia:- "As there is no commercially available vaccine, prevention is sought by reducing the habitat and the number of mosquitoes and limiting exposure to bites.

From WebMD:- "There is no vaccine to prevent dengue fever."

From Mayo Clinic:- "Researchers are working on dengue fever vaccines".

So what existing dengue fever vaccine do you know about that these sources don't?

I have had it 3 times over a 4 year period. Dont tell me you cant get it twice because you can. Am living proof of it. But that is not the point. Here in Bangkok where I live the mosquito problem is rampant! I live next to a wet market that operates from 4AM till noon. Have asked the govt department that deals with it to come over after my 3rd infection to fume the place. But nope!!! The market people went nuts claiming they loose a days trade. Oh well.... And lately the kids at the market here also got infected but still they wont budge! Guess as soon as the kids of the owner get it something will be done.

I bet you that even when an owner's child dies from Dengue still nothing will be done to help the situation. The parent will be outraged and angry at everyone else because they will never believe it is their responsibility, and they will be asking "how/why can this happen?" even after being warned for years about why it happens.

But absolutely nothing will be done to prevent any future cases unless an authority steps in and forces a change on them.

From Wikipedia:- "As there is no commercially available vaccine, prevention is sought by reducing the habitat and the number of mosquitoes and limiting exposure to bites.

So what existing dengue fever vaccine do you know about that these sources don't?

Take moment, open the link and learn

Honestly MaxLee---you would see a Thai plot in a corned beef sandwich......Why oh why are the Thais plotting to keep it quite now.......have a look at the WHO numbers......they have the least cases in this area--(The WHO figures are only collated up to June 2015) With less than a third of the population-Malaysia have surpassed 58,000 during the first six months of the year. This includes 162 fatalities as of June 27

The Philippines

From 1 January to 30 May 2015, there were 28,600 cases of dengue, including 86 deaths, reported on the archipelago. This is 6.33% higher compared with the same reporting period in 2014

Vietnam

As of 7 June 2015, there were 13,049 cases of dengue including 12 deaths reported in Vietnam. Compared to same reporting period in 2014, number of cases increased by 22.8%

Thailand

As at 29 June 2015 , a total of 14591 cases were reported from 77 provinces (morbidity rate was 22.40 / 100,000 population). There was 1 death.

W.H.O-quote--The numbers in Thailand are significantly lower than in 2013 when more than 140,000 cases were reported.

But its all a giant plot, to keep quite that they have the best numbers ---isn't it MaxLee....?.........maybe you should think about not posting until you have taken your morning meds...............................coffee1.gif

http://outbreaknewstoday.com/asia-dengue-fever-update-philippines-malaysia-thailand-vietnam-and-singapore-16816/

if ever I got it I would try this out

" While some people say that it is simply a hoax, there might be some truth to papayaleaf juice’s claim to fame after all. A number of scientific papers have proved that papaya leaf juice is actually beneficial for the body "

http://www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/can-papaya-leaves-help-cure-dengue/

1. ClO2 has nothing at all to do with "bleach" and just shows that you have no idea about chemnistry.

2. Vaccines do more harm than good !!!

Dengue is a virus ! Malaria is a parasite ! ... two very different things

Keep on believing anything you want but alternative medication is far superior from anything the

pharmacutical industrie has to offer. And this is proven over and over again ... it's just not in the main[bullshit]stream media

and as such not in any of your sources.

BTW: Bringing up anything from shitty .... sorry, wikipedia always makes me laugh :-)

1. ClO2 has nothing at all to do with "bleach" and just shows that you have no idea about chemnistry.

2. Vaccines do more harm than good !!!

Dengue is a virus ! Malaria is a parasite ! ... two very different things

Keep on believing anything you want but alternative medication is far superior from anything the

pharmacutical industrie has to offer. And this is proven over and over again ... it's just not in the main[bullshit]stream media

and as such not in any of your sources.

BTW: Bringing up anything from shitty .... sorry, wikipedia always makes me laugh :-)

yeah that smallpox wont bother me im taking mms

As a matter of fact...there is a single vaccine now for all four major zero-types. DENGVAXIA by Sanofi-Pasteur. Approved now in Brazil, Mexico and the Philippines with about 20 - 25 more countries to follow.

Hey ! ! .. those web sites are behind in their info...

DENGVAXIA... . by Sanofi-Pasteur........ that one.... already approved for use in Mexico, Brazil, and the Philippines. Twenty or twenty five other countries expected to approve its use in the next few weeks...

The first effective Dengue Fever vaccine. Two to four more Dengue vaccines from other major pharmaceutical companies will probably appear in the next few years. Including from GlaxoSmithCline, and Merck and Inviragen/Takeda and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases

20 years in development at a cost of 1.5 Billion Euros. More than $ 1.6 Billion U.S.

DENGVAXIA (Sonofi Pasteur)

After years of research and development, and studies in the various countries, there is now an effective vaccine against Dengue Fever. This is the first vaccine shown to reduce by 80% the number of severe Dengue cases.

The efficacy of the vaccine was 65.6% in preventing hospitalization in children older than 9 years of age, but considerably greater (81.9%) for children who were seropositive (indicating previous dengue infection) at baseline. The vaccination series consists of three injections at 0, 6 and 12 months. The vaccine was approved in Mexico, Philippines, and Brazil in December 2015, expected to be the first among the 20 countries in the coming weeks. Tradenamed Dengvaxia, it is approved for use for those aged nine and older and can prevent all four serotypes of Dengue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_vaccine

http://www.sanofipasteur.com/en/articles/dengvaxia-world-s-first-dengue-vaccine-approved-in-mexico.aspx

http://www.sanofipasteur.com/en/articles/sanofi-pasteur-dengue-vaccine-approved-in-the-philippines.aspx

http://www.sanofipasteur.com/en/articles/Dengvaxia-First-Dengue-Vaccine-Approved-in-Brazil.aspx

The company further said that Dengvaxia has the ability to "reduce dengue due to all four serotypes [strains] in two-thirds of the participants,"

Back in 2014, the World Health Organization (WHO) also noted that the said vaccine had a 60.8 percent

effectiveness rate against the four types of dengue.

NOTE:

Though the 60.8 percent effectiveness rate is quite low for a common vaccine, which generally is at 95 percent, Dengvaxia is different because it shows great effectiveness in terms of curing the most deadly type of dengue called dengue haemorrhagic fever. According to the company, Dengvaxia has "prevented [nine] out of 10 cases of severe dengue and [eight] out 10 hospitalisations due to dengue."

I have to disagree with those saying that this is now coming to the forefront because of the movie star death. This is an annual problem and widely reported. Here in Chiang Mai they have active campaigns, billboards, pamphlets handed out in the villages and the govt goes around spraying. In my area they hand out a powder to put in any standing water to kill breeding mosquitoes. I think if someone would care to search it is also a popular topic on Thai Visa every year.

Gee you're lucky. I live in T Haiya abutting the old city of Chiang Mai and haven't see any spraying for over two years. No powder no pamphlets no nothing. Just mozzies.

A blood test at a hospital in Pattaya proved positive, fortunately the readings didn't require me to stay overnight. I had to hydrate on electrolytes and the next blood test the readings had improved, though still positive. It took two weeks of taking care of myself to feel ok again. I never felt threatened but it wasn't any fun. If you have an inkling you may have it get tested early.

The only reason I am replying to this is to remind people who may actually be seriously ill and have the proper symptoms ... who should seek professional help immediately that there is always going to be this band of people who claim they have an incredible and cheap cure to disease.

To accept the "evidence" in this case, we must be willing to accept the following premise.

Doctors know that there is a cheap and cost effective cure for this horrid and slow death, and instead of employing it, and in the case of a recently departed mega star .. gain HUGE face ... they elect to let their patients, family and friends .. die slow agonizing deaths.

THAT is what you have to believe.

To brain150 all I can say is the only thing you have proven is that one can not prove a negative.... as in ... prove I am not hovering a meter above the floor as I type this without touching the keyboard via my telepathic powers.

There is only one proof, and I am confident you would decline to accept the challenge. Would you be willing to be infected with Dengue? (for real, not the headache you cured with lots of water) .. and then cure yourself ???

Of course not ... so please ... be aware that in this world there are desperate people, and desperate people do desperate things ... such as taking advice from people like you.

Archived