How to invest 1 Million Baht ?

You could buy an old condo in Pattaya with that and then try to rent it out. There is always demand for the cheapest of the cheap rentals say around 2k month maybe? better than sitting in the bank at 2%

I would stay away from the stock markets! they showing signs of the 2008 global meltdown

You could buy an old condo in Pattaya with that and then try to rent it out. There is always demand for the cheapest of the cheap rentals say around 2k month maybe? better than sitting in the bank at 2%

I would stay away from the stock markets! they showing signs of the 2008 global meltdown

Totaly wrong, nobody wants to rent an old condo, plenty of new ones springing up for the same price, so buy a new condo hahahahha

Totaly wrong, nobody wants to rent an old condo, plenty of new ones springing up for the same price, so buy a new condo hahahahha

I agree with you. If can get a new fully furnished condo including all fees for 1 mill then go for new!! but size has to be taken into consideration. Im thinking new ones would be 22 sqm,pretty small

Buy Facebook and or netflix shares on Nasdaq. It will be worth 2 million in a couple of years. Don't invest in thailand

The issue as I see that (and I'm no expert), is that FB doesn't really have a good business model, and all they can do iis advertising or sell data (and the former is easy to block out anyhow).

Netflix have an awesome business model but... have you seen their P/E ratio? I just looked it up because of this thread and thought I must have typed in something wrong. Even after a major market correction (which seems inevitable to me - if only we knew when), and there is some value to be had, these firms are way overpriced for their near term revenue potential. It's not value investing as it used to be.

I think I'd be tempted to stay away from the markets and store money in something that could ride the storm (precious metals perhaps?) unless you have a speciality that gives you reason to believe there are better alternatives. I have some stored as BTC, but I guess that's not for sensible investing yet, more of a bit of a flutter, as it's extremely volatile and hasn't even begun to find its use cases yet.

Also the bank insurance will be dropping again in Thailand (I seem to recall it being August 16th but don't hold me to that), so if you want to keep more than a million baht in a bank you'd need to spread it over multiple banks to feel some security (50mill to 25mill to 1mill one year apart each). It probably won't provide enough to keep up with inflation, but at least with Thailand being predominantly a cash society, it'll be one of the last to go cashless and charging you for the privilege of them keeping their debt notes in their hands.

Take a step backwards and look at value in return speak ROI.Even 1 mill. Can get you good returns.Look at all angle towards your laws as foreigner here.Condo ok but not much of ROI due economy slow down.

Look at bio rice at CM .....you want to know more drop me a mail.

Take a step backwards and look at value in return speak ROI.Even 1 mill. Can get you good returns.Look at all angle towards your laws as foreigner here.Condo ok but not much of ROI due economy slow down.

Look at bio rice at CM .....you want to know more drop me a mail.

You could for instance buy a two row bus and operate it in the village. Or a used taxi cab etc etc For Thais 1M Baht properly invested can be a life change at and offer them a small

Business lifestyle

Good grief, there's always another sucker. Don't you ever read the news or is it that you just don't care?

Stop being a drama queen he is investing with play money ,wouldn't even get him the latest model Camry where depreciation is guaranteed rolleyes.gif

I have been an investment advisor for 30 years. The one consistent way to make money, and more importantly not to lose principle is as follows. Buy companies who always make money in both good times and bad. Companies like Proctor & Gamble, Coca Cola, Yum Brands, Phillip Morris, and Nestle. And very importantly, you can not just buy them at any price! You must wait for them to dip to levels where their PE ratio is not at the high end of it's long term range. Also Diversify. Try to keep each stock to around 5% of your total portfolio, and certainly don't go over 10% in 1 stock. And pray for markets like we have now, so you can buy great companies at discounts to where they would normally trade.

Of course it's more complicated than that, but following those basics will make sure you keep your principle intact. And by intact I mean over the intermediate to long term...2-5 years. On the short term even the best companies in the world can fall hard. But again, that is what you should hope for, always keep some cash available for those times when the market is getting killed.

if you live in Thailand for more than 180 days in any year, you are basically the same as a Thai national under Thai revenue law. they have a nice benefit where you get a refund of your proportionate share of Thai corporate taxes based on share ownership of a SET or MAI listed stock. many Thai mid and small caps pay almost 5%, even in today's still high valued market. the tax rate isn't as high as it was a few years ago, but it's still about 30% so instead of just a 5% return you get 30% ahead of that distribution which is 3/7th so you make over 7% on the yield. look at the market using book value (shareholder equity) instead of market cap for relative size of companies that are comparable, and look back 10 years or so at their sustainability as to income. there are a few really good ones, but I don't think I can just list them here. getting the refund is easy, the folks at Thai Revenue are very helpful. you file as soon in the new year as you want, but before March 30. you get a check really quick. I love it. pensions are not taxable so don't sweat Thai Revenue trying to look around or ask you any questions.

if you want some more advice that you might be more comfortable with, go with Chiangmai resident Dr. Marc Faber. in 2008/2009 when things were really bleak, and so was Marc as usual as well... Faber said "Thailand may not be the most dynamic economy in the world... except maybe at night time (wink wink)... but it still moves".

the other really neat thing, for little guys (me) is that these kind of companies are easy to understand... visit... track.... call up on the phone.... they really are. unlike big cap stocks, in Thailand or anywhere else.

to make your initial list of counters to investigate, use a cold accountant's stare. financial results. don't look at the business right off because you are likely to make a mistake, thinking you know their business when in fact you don't know it at all until after it makes your hit list... you do some due diligence.. with open eyes, not looking for a hunch that it must be an smartphone app company or something like that. use the numbers to get there first, then do a goo djob of finding out what their real business is.. not just going by the name of the company or what it sounds like their industry or niche is but what it really amounts to.

Dollar cost averaging in an Oil fund that pays dividend. There are some good ETFs out there as an alternative.

Invest 50,000 bahts in that fund or ETF every month for the next 20 months and thank me in a couple of year.

This oil bear market is a once in a lifetime opportunity, IMHO. Everybody is selling like oil is going to $0 which means we are not far from a possible capitulation bottom.

After already falling from $110 to $28, needless to say that risk/reward is very much skewed to the upside.

Be greedy when others are fearful and don't listen to the news, no one ever got rich from following the news. But you can use the news to your advantage be gauging sentiment. When you see all the headlines saying oil is going to $0, that'll be the bottom.

Archived