Norwegian expat recalls horrific knife attack by foreigner in Hua Hin

webfact

Should also be charged with attempted murder

I think you will find it possibly has according to the OP

"Mr Rossbach said the assault charge has now been upgraded to attempted murder after his lawyer lobbied police investigating the incident, although this is unconfirmed by Thaivisa."

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RTB only arrested him at Swampy,because they thought there might have been a hand out for them,and there was,200,000 baht.Now he's been given bail????

They've got their dosh.No need to investigate any more.bail is just a way of saying,"we've got your money

so now you can f##k off back to Egypt"End of story.There will be no further arrest at Swampy,The RTB will be glad to see

the back of him.

KKD

A 36-year old who has lived there for 5 years. How do they do it?

Working there or a business owner and/or married to a Thai or he has a rich father who bought him a 5 year visa and told him to stay away from home in Norway or an off-shore worker on rotation or ...

what happened to the days of a fare fist fight ? caught at the airport that got to be an admission of guilt

I presume you mean a fair fist fight, those days are long gone. 50 years ago as a schoolboy i watched a fight between two 17 year old students, when one went down the fight stopped, he got up, they shook hands and that was the end of the matter, that was UK 50 years ago, now a knife would be pulled out or the guy on the floor would have his head kicked in. In some segments of social behaviour we have moved forwards in many others we have moved backwards.

I am somewhat surprised that the Egyptian didn't just hit the guy with his shoes...no joke. What happened to his culture here? OK to attack me now (with your shoes) but that is the way things were done in that culture when I was there. (I won't mention drinking alcohol which is 'haram'-forbidden).

Obviously an Egyptian in a bar isn't adhering to his culture, hence the booze and knife instead of tea and shoe.

what happened to the days of a fare fist fight ? caught at the airport that got to be an admission of guilt

I presume you mean a fair fist fight, those days are long gone. 50 years ago as a schoolboy i watched a fight between two 17 year old students, when one went down the fight stopped, he got up, they shook hands and that was the end of the matter, that was UK 50 years ago, now a knife would be pulled out or the guy on the floor would have his head kicked in. In some segments of social behaviour we have moved forwards in many others we have moved backwards.

I am somewhat surprised that the Egyptian didn't just hit the guy with his shoes...no joke. What happened to his culture here? OK to attack me now (with your shoes) but that is the way things were done in that culture when I was there. (I won't mention drinking alcohol which is 'haram'-forbidden).
Obviously an Egyptian in a bar isn't adhering to his culture, hence the booze and knife instead of tea and shoe.

You do realise not all Egyptian people are muslim? Obviously you don't but can prattle on about their culture.

Although this Norwegian guy probably wasnt at fault it seems that virtually every farang that gets bashed or stabbed in bar towns has tattoos.

You get the impression that people with tattoos draw attention to themselves.

You walk through Kaosarn rd in BKK and young middle class type farangs are covered in grotesque looking tatts...........why?

In the seventies in Australia if you had tatoos on your arms and legs you were immediately labelled a criminal. maybe times have changed but i certainly wont be getting one.

Why did they give him bail? He's going to stick around and face an almost certain jail term?

Baht rules in this country.

Ah yes, the good old days when the Kray twins would knock the guy down then shake hands with him when he stood up again. !!!!!!!!!!

Dirty tactics, stabbings and OTT beatings have been going on before Centurion was a rank and not a tank.

It happens everywhere regardless.

Nationality has nothing to do with it.

You just hear about it more because of the media being faster and better at reporting it.

If you can spend your life never seeing it or hearing about it you are a lucky man.

We have TV, movies and video games to thank for that. What we see in pop culture today would never have passed censors 50 years ago.

On this thread we will surely get the subtle bigotry to overt racism, plus the obligatory victim blaming, that is so typical of TVF posts.

The bottom line is no matter what happened at a bar or what insults and verbal abuse was made, the man who pulled out a knife to inflict grievous injury/death is the one to blame here.

Bravo to RTP for making an arrest before this scum fled the Kingdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said, the fact that the offender chased and inflicted the injuries, makes it clearly more serious than Assault - 200k bht bail was grossly inadequate, given the severity of the injuries sustained by the victim, questions there! , he is very lucky to still be here.

"He remained in police custody until Tuesday before being released after meeting the 200,000 Baht bail."

200.000 THB bail brought the guy out of custody. Wow. This should not be possible.

Get well soon, Mr. Rossbach!

Indeed, especially because he is not a resident, another 50k shud get him out of this country even without a passport. He then goes to his embassy for a laissez-passez and will be home before anyone has read this post.

Not every Egyptian is muzzy,they got christians to you know and who said he was drinking alcohol anyway.Nothing to do with culture.

"He remained in police custody until Tuesday before being released after meeting the 200,000 Baht bail."

200.000 THB bail brought the guy out of custody. Wow. This should not be possible.

Probably never to be seen again,over the border and off.

I think a bit stupid to release rhe perp.

Hope they kept his passport. He has tried to flee once already !

Although this Norwegian guy probably wasnt at fault it seems that virtually every farang that gets bashed or stabbed in bar towns has tattoos.

You get the impression that people with tattoos draw attention to themselves.

You walk through Kaosarn rd in BKK and young middle class type farangs are covered in grotesque looking tatts...........why?

In the seventies in Australia if you had tatoos on your arms and legs you were immediately labelled a criminal. maybe times have changed but i certainly wont be getting one.

Why did they give him bail? He's going to stick around and face an almost certain jail term?

Baht rules in this country.

In the 1790s in Australia if you were white and had chains on your legs, or even if you didn't, you were immediately labelled a criminal as well

Archived