Norwegian expat recalls horrific knife attack by foreigner in Hua Hin

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what happened to the days of a fare fist fight ? caught at the airport that got to be an admission of guilt

I presume you mean a fair fist fight, those days are long gone. 50 years ago as a schoolboy i watched a fight between two 17 year old students, when one went down the fight stopped, he got up, they shook hands and that was the end of the matter, that was UK 50 years ago, now a knife would be pulled out or the guy on the floor would have his head kicked in. In some segments of social behaviour we have moved forwards in many others we have moved backwards.

I am told it has something to do with so many males being raised by their mothers these days.

Also the glorification of this type of sadism by the media.

Although this Norwegian guy probably wasnt at fault it seems that virtually every farang that gets bashed or stabbed in bar towns has tattoos.

You get the impression that people with tattoos draw attention to themselves.

You walk through Kaosarn rd in BKK and young middle class type farangs are covered in grotesque looking tatts...........why?

In the seventies in Australia if you had tatoos on your arms and legs you were immediately labelled a criminal. maybe times have changed but i certainly wont be getting one.

Why did they give him bail? He's going to stick around and face an almost certain jail term?

Baht rules in this country.

In the 1790s in Australia if you were white and had chains on your legs, or even if you didn't, you were immediately labelled a criminal as well

and in the 1970's as well.

Although this Norwegian guy probably wasnt at fault it seems that virtually every farang that gets bashed or stabbed in bar towns has tattoos.

You get the impression that people with tattoos draw attention to themselves.

You walk through Kaosarn rd in BKK and young middle class type farangs are covered in grotesque looking tatts...........why?

In the seventies in Australia if you had tatoos on your arms and legs you were immediately labelled a criminal. maybe times have changed but i certainly wont be getting one.

Why did they give him bail? He's going to stick around and face an almost certain jail term?

Baht rules in this country.

What a ridiculous post!!

I am somewhat surprised that the Egyptian didn't just hit the guy with his shoes...no joke. What happened to his culture here? OK to attack me now (with your shoes) but that is the way things were done in that culture when I was there. (I won't mention drinking alcohol which is 'haram'-forbidden).
Obviously an Egyptian in a bar isn't adhering to his culture, hence the booze and knife instead of tea and shoe.

You do realise not all Egyptian people are muslim? Obviously you don't but can prattle on about their culture.

No he doesn't and yes, he can (and does).

Just like at least half the posters on this Forum, who never tire of making ignorant, uninformed, racist, islamophobic and violent comments, pushing the world towards global war just as surely as ISIS does, and not realizing in the least how similar they are, in essence, to those barbarians.

many would say: don't joke araound with arabs/muslims?

On the news today in Calais , egyptian refugees attacking two journalists with knives.

There is a gang of them in the camp cusing problems with knife attacks.

So what is going to happen to this world when they would not have a clue who the refugees are or their affiliation , likely IS recruits spreading from Syria/middle east around the world.

Ive come to have a view that people who have tattoos are risk takers, the type of people who would try heroin or do bungee jumps and other stupid things most of us would not do. Most sensible people do not have tattoos. As someone said we don't know the full story, but whatever it was, the Egyptian used a knife to perform a cowardly attack from behind. Its not just the Thais who we have to watch out for in Thailand plenty of non Thai cowards, cowmen, and other assorted <deleted> about. So choose your friends carefully, very carefully.

I am somewhat surprised that the Egyptian didn't just hit the guy with his shoes...no joke. What happened to his culture here? OK to attack me now (with your shoes) but that is the way things were done in that culture when I was there. (I won't mention drinking alcohol which is 'haram'-forbidden).
Obviously an Egyptian in a bar isn't adhering to his culture, hence the booze and knife instead of tea and shoe.

You do realise not all Egyptian people are muslim? Obviously you don't but can prattle on about their culture.

No he doesn't and yes, he can (and does).

Just like at least half the posters on this Forum, who never tire of making ignorant, uninformed, racist, islamophobic and violent comments, pushing the world towards global war just as surely as ISIS does, and not realizing in the least how similar they are, in essence, to those barbarians.

Except we don't burn people alive or run over people who are tied up with tanks. You and other people like you are the problem not the solution. It is you and your ilk that has flooded western Europe with people who do not share our values or beliefs.

Post in breach of Forum Rules removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Well that just about says it all about thus wuuuuuuunderful country !!!!!

Was the Egyptian guys passport held after paying bail. If not, he will be well gone from Thailand.

With very limited concern by RTP following receipt of the 200K (considered as fine), would definitely appear to be a cheap extortion for attempted murder and get out of jail tea money. Obviously thats all he had easy access too. Both were farang (matters not where from), 'no loss' only RTP gain $ mai-pen-rai wai.gif

Was the Egyptian guys passport held after paying bail. If not, he will be well gone from Thailand.

Well if he does leave the country his 200,000 will probably be forfeited.

Forfeit $6,000 or risk a decade in a Thai prison.

Decisions, decisions...

i try again

I hope the RTP remembered to take this back stabbing scums passport

"He remained in police custody until Tuesday before being released after meeting the 200,000 Baht bail."

200.000 THB bail brought the guy out of custody. Wow. This should not be possible.

Get well soon, Mr. Rossbach!

The bottom line is no matter what happened at a bar or what insults and verbal abuse was made, the man who pulled out a knife to inflict grievous injury/death is the one to blame

Not to mention stabbing a man in the back as he tries to walk away from the fight.

That's how cowards always attack, reminds me of the muslim brotherhood in Egypt, terror and killing innocent tourist on vacation in Egypt just a couple of weeks ago.

Archived