How to view hidden files on Android connected to Win10 PC?

WorriedNoodle

Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm still learning Android! (kitkat in this case if it matters)

** When I connect my Android devices to a Win10 PC via USB cable the Win10 Explorer cannot show any hidden Android files/folders? How can I display them?

I know the folders/files are there as I can view them with Android file explorers (such as File Manager app) with settings toggled to show hidden files. So why won't Win10 show them? I have hidden files and even protected o/s files turned on for showing in Win10 but nothing shows from the USB device.

If the phone is rooted, install SSHDroid.

Than from cmd prompt on your Windows machine: "adb remount"

Than on Windows use "WinSCP" to connect to the Smartphone.

You will be able to view/modify every file, but you can also convert your SM into a paperweight.

------

You don't understand the above?

Mai pen rai.....you don't need it.

wink.png

If the phone is rooted, install SSHDroid.

Than from cmd prompt on your Windows machine: "adb remount"

Than on Windows use "WinSCP" to connect to the Smartphone.

You will be able to view/modify every file, but you can also convert your SM into a paperweight.

------

You don't understand the above?

Mai pen rai.....you don't need it.

wink.png

Thanks for this idea, some of my devices are rooted but it will be overkill for my needs, assuming it works as you say.

I've since resorted to copying files to android from PC and then replacing the hidden android folders/files with them using Androids File Manager than does show hidden files.

Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab > Hidden files and folders > Show hidden files, folders, and drives

I have found this only works for Windows system and not an attached Android device via USB, which is why I started this thread in the first place.

Unless I am doing something wrong?

Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab > Hidden files and folders > Show hidden files, folders, and drives

I have found this only works for Windows system and not an attached Android device via USB, which is why I started this thread in the first place.

Unless I am doing something wrong?

It will show any windows folder/file hat has the parameter Hidden enabled. Androids only have certain portion of the phone formatted to be read on PC's fter that it is the Android file system which cannot be read by windows but if you are feeling adventureous here is one of any guides to help.

http://www.guidingtech.com/16174/mount-android-windows-root-file-system-access/

Archived