'Maintenance Fee' for All Foreign Tourists Proposed by Tourism Governor

webfact

I don't think even 1% will be put off by a $10 charge.

And if they are put off enough by an extra $10 fee to change their destination, ya gotta kind of wonder how much they were going to contribute to the Thai economy anyway.

I suspect Thailand would be better off if they did go elsewhere, improving the quality of the experience for others who won't have to wait behind them in the immigration and 7-11 lines. Never mind a little extra (very welcome) breathing room at tourist spots.

Absolutely right. I think they oughta' make a regulation that always and ever upon encountering a policeman or other uniformed official on the street or anywhere, all foreigners must immediately hand over B100 as a "service fee". It's a mere fraction the $10 you're talking about above! thumbsup.gif A mere pittance. Anyone who can't afford to pay it probably shouldn't even BE here! Only the cheap charlies will complain about all those B100s adding up... Silly to even suggest that B100 might affect anyone's decision to come here.

And don't the Thais know it!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if I work here and don't want to go to the tourist attractions?

Why do they need our cash to do their own dirty work?

Thais litter, it's a cultural trait, we don't (as much). Let them pay for their own disgrace.

It's all BS anyway. The cash is corrupt.

Archived