Xmas Pud

JohnC

I have been invited to a traditional christmas dinner this year and thought it would be nice if I contributed the xmas pud! Are there any problems in food products being posted to thailand? I would hate to pay for one plus post & packing for it to end up in some bin (or customs man belly)

:o Christmas pud. The work of the devil. I saw some in TOPS recently but I am not sure if they were last years stock. You could always make your own, the only difficulty would be the suet I imagine. You could even put some coins in (satangs would be a good substitute for tanners and I have never fathomed the use for the little buggers anyway)

:o Christmas pud. The work of the devil. I saw some in TOPS recently but I am not sure if they were last years stock. You could always make your own, the only difficulty would be the suet I imagine. You could even put some coins in (satangs would be a good substitute for tanners and I have never fathomed the use for the little buggers anyway)

Yes Suet is the problem...we were going to make some this year but opted for Cakes instead, as a friend is bringing some marzipan for us.

The other pain with puds is the ernormous amount of hours required to steam them.

Barley wine ( stingo / gold label ) is gettable presumably??

May be some good news now from the xmas pud front:

Just spoke to a good friend of mine in BKK, he owns a bakery in BKK and does a lot of xmas puds every year, his customers are the good supermarkets and hotels.

I suggested to him to register here and post his address, so members could order their xmas puds and pick it up from his bakery.

I will send a link now to him.

Gerd