Young Woman dies in South Pattaya fatal road crash

snoop1130

Young Woman dies in South Pattaya fatal road crash
Pattaya One

post-249866-0-04926300-1453459170_thumb.

PATTAYA -- In the early hours of Friday, a 23-year-old woman died after her bike struck the rear end of a parked coach on the Thappraya Road in South Pattaya.

Police and medics attended the scene of the crash opposite the Pop Inn Hotel, and attended to Khun Wantana, who was initially given CPR at the scene but was soon pronounced dead-at-the-scene.

Inside the coach at the time of the crash was its driver, Khun Sumai aged 66, who was asleep at the time and was woken by the impact. He told Police that he had parked at the location and was sleeping inside his vehicle as he had to pick up a group of Chinese Tourists early in the morning.

Full Story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220993/young-woman-dies-in-south-pattaya-fatal-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-22

It's been said many times.

The coaches need to be parked off the roads.

It's ridiculous how so many can park on both sides of the road take up lanes and cause an additional hazard for everyone.

Come on city council move them to a dedicated bus park/s.

The city is choked with them parked on the roads! !!

Since the arrival of the Chinese tourists, the no of buses has sky rocketed but nowhere to park.

If they wants them parked properly they will need a huge, I mean a really huge plot of land.

I wish they could make some kind of "bus port" and then the tourists can take a sky train or something like that down town, but I know I am dreaming.

There are many coach parks but they are not downtown. Driver prefers to be near downtown for morning pick-ups though.

However in this case, initial focus for accident investigation (obviously there won't be one in Thailand) would be on the driving behaviour of the deceased. Witnesses, speed calculation, cctv, blood alcohol, bag or other object hung on handlebars, mobile phone in use, helmet and protective equipment, etc.

It's ridiculous how so many can park on both sides of the road take up lanes and cause an additional hazard for everyone.

I do agree. They also use North Rd a lot and park where there are red no parking marks. There should be no parking along its full length, particularly since traffic is diverted from the tunnel construction. They also stop to allow passengers to disembark and embark creating traffic confusion.

...can anyone confirm that the bus was in fact stationary....any chance that he simply stopped suddenly....

Inside the coach at the time of the crash was its driver, Khun Sumai aged 66, who was asleep at the time and was woken by the impact. He told Police that he had parked at the location and was sleeping inside his vehicle as he had to pick up a group of Chinese Tourists early in the morning.

Tragic RIP to the young lady and her family............but how could she not see a bus.........what a waste of life sad.png

Maybe he was parked in a dark spot and had no lights on. Tragic just the same RIP young lady
I don't care how dark it was, or whether lights were on or not (probably not whilst parked up), a bus is a bus, they are big and should be noticeable to anyone who's not a complete idiot, or out of their skull on whatever!!!

Still a tragic loss of a young life, may she RIP.

Sad.

But really:

early morning, Thappraya road, 4 lane divided road, illuminated(!), downhill (popular race track).

You can't blame the bus parking there!

There is always some parking on this road.

It's a wide road probably little traffic in the early morning.

How can you overlook a bus?

Draw your own conclusions.

Sad.

But really:

early morning, Thappraya road, 4 lane divided road, illuminated(!), downhill (popular race track).

You can't blame the bus parking there!

There is always some parking on this road.

It's a wide road probably little traffic in the early morning.

How can you overlook a bus?

Draw your own conclusions.

txting?, I see motodrivers drivers doing this all the time.RIP

got to piss myself sometimes as to keyboard warriors taking to print even without reading the story, re post 9,

and the bus was WHITE at the rear , should have/could have, been seen from a great distance, so obviously the young lady was not paying any attention to her riding , r.i.p. young lady,

Another unnecessary death. There are so many of these deaths every day in Thailand, and until the authorities clamp down on proper driving tests and licenses, it will continue to happen.

R.I.P. young lady and condolences to her family.

For those that do not drive in Pattaya city - There are bus parking lots in Pattaya adjacent to the lot city hall is build on. and further down the street on both sides but even then there are busses parked on the two-lane street making it difficult for motor vehicle traffic to use this street.

Everyday there are not hundreds but thousands of tour buses in the Pattaya area. If you ever take a good look in these buses they are never occupied to capacity I see many of them with 48 capacity that only have a half dozen tourist in it. How they make money is beyond me. these double decker cost in excess of a million Thai Baht. So it is no wonder the ONLY PM these buses receive is filling the diesel fuel tank and for the rest it is the Thai syndrome Mai Pin Rai.

LOL in LOS

That road is wide enough to have buses parked on the sides and allow two lanes of traffic each side as well, and it is very well lit too.

i don't think it makes sense to blame that driver who was just doing his job, I rather believe that alcohol was involved.

R.I.P. to Wantana

Archived