Bread Makers On Sale

prighas

Hi guys,

I have been looking for a bread maker to help with the daily meals. I hail from Greece and bread with olive spread is a necessity for a daily snack.

I finally came across VERASU chain of shops in Thailand. They sell different types of baking tools including bread makers which are currently on sale. I bought three last week on Wireless Road (Wittayu). It is right opposite the US embassy. They are currently on sale at 4399 baht. They also sell a special bread mix for 80 baht. All you have to do is dump the bread mix into the bread maker and wait a couple of hours. After that you're ready to party. BTW, you can also enjoy their restaurant on the third floor. They have daily dishes suitable for each blood group.

• 2 months later...
I finally came across VERASU chain of shops in Thailand. They sell different types of baking tools including bread makers which are currently on sale. I bought three last week on Wireless Road (Wittayu). It is right opposite the US embassy. They are currently on sale at 4399 baht. They also sell a special bread mix for 80 baht. All you have to do is dump the bread mix into the bread maker and wait a couple of hours. After that you're ready to party. BTW, you can also enjoy their restaurant on the third floor. They have daily dishes suitable for each blood group.

Yo've done well - I have a breadmaker which is sitting on top of the kitchen cabinet because I can't find any breat mix to put into it.

When next I run the gamut of getting down to BKK I will try to get to VERASU and stock up

Why do people persist in believing you need a bread mix for a bread machine? Just use the recipes that come with the machine!

I have had to alter my favorite recipe a lot for use here; I had to reduce the water substantially and add gluten, but I make fine bread with no mix. Here's the recipe I currently use:

3/4 cup (180ml) warm water

2 Tbs (30ml) oil

2 Tbs (30ml) honey

1 1/2 Tsp (7.5 cc) salt

3 cups (720cc) all-purpose flour

2 Tbs gluten

1 1/2 Tsp (7.5 cc) dry yeast

Throw the ingredients into the bread machine in the order listed. Set it for the normal white bread cycle. Makes a 1.5 Lb loaf. You can bake it on the quick cycle, too just use 2 tsp of yeast. If you are able to get bread flour you may not need to add gluten, or may need to use less.