On 10/14/2017 at 1:34 PM, grollies said:

All our potatoes from Tesco sprout eventually. Had a small crop (2 plants) that grew last year new potatoes were very nice. Just an experiment, this time got 10 to pot-up.

Yes....our Tesco new potatoes were kept in the dark under the sink and sprouted like mad. I have planted two out and they have grown. But that doesn't mean much unless they flower. Fortunately the weather is not too hot right now so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we might get a few small  new potatoes from the two I planted. Make a nice salad.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Picked this medium sized bowl of tomatoes yesterday - all berry and cherry toms. 

Could only sow a few plants this year due to time restraints so not a fraction as many tomatoes as in the past. Hopefully next year I'll be better organized... 

20180222_195103.jpg

On 2/23/2018 at 11:29 AM, djayz said:

Picked this medium sized bowl of tomatoes yesterday - all berry and cherry toms. 

Could only sow a few plants this year due to time restraints so not a fraction as many tomatoes as in the past. Hopefully next year I'll be better organized... 

20180222_195103.jpg

We are still picking

IMG_E0293CJPG.JPG

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:19 PM, soidog2 said:

https://www.burpee.com/vegetables/tomatoes/tomato-burpees-supersteak-hybrid-prod000979.html

The source above, full flavor, very meaty. 

With care and good soil, easily over 6" in diameter.

Below you can see the top of the cherry tomatoes, (about 2.5 M)  zoom in really close, you'll see them all over the place. 

IMG_0354.JPG

They look great and I thought mine were doing well, but not as well as yours.  How long can you expect to harvest them?  I'm still surprised mine continue to grow.  I've cloned a few taking the suckers and now have around 15 plants.  It's my first year growing them here in Kalasin so not sure what to expect?  Also, do you groom them at all? or just let them grow wild?

Thanks for any advice

Cherry tomatoes will go on almost indefinitely if you protect them during the rainy season. Up to you how much work you’re willing to put in.

After a few month of “more than you can eat” we get tired of them.

best regards

1 hour ago, soidog2 said:

Cherry tomatoes will go on almost indefinitely if you protect them during the rainy season. Up to you how much work you’re willing to put in.

After a few month of “more than you can eat” we get tired of them.

best regards

Yes I know. The Cherry Tomatoes just keep on coming.

Wonder what Tomato wine tastes like...? :laugh:

Burpee said they can't send any seeds here, so I ordered some from blighty.  

Got "Gigantomo F1" from  Thompson & Morgan, allegedly they can produce fruit of 1kg!  I'll try & grow them in the next few days; we have a relatively sheltered place at the back, out of direct sunlight .

• 5 months later...

Archived