Bisquits And Gravey American Brefest

genobkk

any place to get Bisquits and Gravey, or a reall onlet in Bangkok??? been in Thailand 6 years and never even foudn one place yet, several for english brefest, which is ok, but I do miss thos bisquits and cravey and great omlets from back home...or even a good eggs benadict which you can never find here...any idea????

This has been covered a few times on the forum already. But I, like you, are too lazy to do a search to dig up the old threads for info.

With that being said Thailand is seriously lacking in places to obtain a good American style breakfast. As far as biscuits and gravy go – best place to get these is to make them in your own kitchen. But I would say that Bourbon Street does pretty good on the omelet and eggs benedict front.

Basically, I would have to second TokyoT -- Bourbon Street has the best American style breakfast and at reasonable cost.

A friend and I meet there regularly for breakfast. Yesterday, for example, we both had the Mexican omelet. We both enjoy the pancakes and I like the eggs benedict; he orders the SOS sometimes.

As for biscuits and gravy, I have no idea where you might find them. Make them at home is probably the only real possibility.

This has been covered a few times on the forum already. But I, like you, are too lazy to do a search to dig up the old threads for info.

With that being said Thailand is seriously lacking in places to obtain a good American style breakfast. As far as biscuits and gravy go – best place to get these is to make them in your own kitchen. But I would say that Bourbon Street does pretty good on the omelet and eggs benedict front.

Chiang Mai has 3 places that do good bisquits with gravy or butter and honey and lots that do good American style pancakes, french toast, etc.

Art Cafe in CM also does REAL hash brown potatoes and eggs benedict, American breakfast sausages, S.O.S.. Art Cafe has the best American breakfasts in Thailand IMHO - certainly better than Bourbon Street. Look at permanant Chiang Mai food thread for more info. :o

Basically, I would have to second TokyoT -- Bourbon Street has the best American style breakfast and at reasonable cost.
Thirded. I've tried around and nowhere I've found yet beats Bourbon St. for American style breakfast.

If you happen to be in Jomtien, there is a new small hotel on soi 9 called Rich Man Poor Man. He makes the American style SOS. I don't know for sure what SOS means but we always called it sh!t on a shingle. The boss, Ed will also cook up whatever style omelet you want.

If you happen to be in Jomtien, there is a new small hotel on soi 9 called Rich Man Poor Man. He makes the American style SOS. I don't know for sure what SOS means but we always called it sh!t on a shingle.

That is what it means. Comes from the military version! :o

If you happen to be in Jomtien, there is a new small hotel on soi 9 called Rich Man Poor Man. He makes the American style SOS. I don't know for sure what SOS means but we always called it sh!t on a shingle.

That is what it means. Comes from the military version! :D

:D

The POLITE name for SOS is Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast. But as all fomer military know it is more properly called SOS as you mentioned. Was originally made with dehydrated dried chiped Beef and a cream sauce. Got its name in World War II. Was served a lot to Army and Marines in Pacific theater. The dried chpped Beef could be shipped just about anywhere, and never spoiled.

Used to be a guest house on Soi 38 Suhumvit called the Sri Guest House that was a enlisted BEQ during the days when the U.S. military was in Thailand. The Thai-Chinese owner learned to make an American style breakfast for the guests. Home fries, Ham steaks, biscuts and gravy, and a Cherry Cheese cake to die for was on the menu. Unfortunately the place closed about 10 years ago, as the owner finally retired after 30 years running the place. The Sri Guest House was a legend among American expats working in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf during the 70's and 80"s. I miss the place, but times change.

:o

Edited by IMA_FARANG