The Forgotten Isaan Farmers and their problems.......................

lostinisaan

^^

If anything my family village near LomSak is even poorer.

MiL lives on 3,500bht a month (3,000 from me, 500 from the government)

And is widely seen as the wealthiest woman in the village.

House had no running water, until I paid for a pump.

Shared toilet/shower out back in the jungle.

Corrugated iron house on stilts, open holes for windows and doors.

Mud road, impassable in the rainy season.

Nearest 7-11/ATM/Clinic/Bus over 20Km away in LomSak.

The local school doesn't have electricity or internet.

Not a good example for the ASEAN educational hub.....but I've read that there're quite a few schools without electricity all over the country.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having read the topic from start to finish, also having first hand experience of living in a village in Issan I may add,

I see nothing like the facts the OP has continued to state. Maybe in years gone past this was the case of that I have no doubt. As for this off shoot re dentists we have a dentist come to village once a month to the school he will see anyone not only school children, teeth dropping out! !!come on not here, The picture the OP is giving seems to be his/Thais old enough in his village to recall there past. Also I may add to the poster to continue to seek fault in others posts is not a good form of debating in fact some see it as a way you have to justify inaccuracies in your reports.

Having read the topic from start to finish, also having first hand experience of living in a village in Issan I may add,

I see nothing like the facts the OP has continued to state. Maybe in years gone past this was the case of that I have no doubt. As for this off shoot re dentists we have a dentist come to village once a month to the school he will see anyone not only school children, teeth dropping out! !!come on not here, The picture the OP is giving seems to be his/Thais old enough in his village to recall there past. Also I may add to the poster to continue to seek fault in others posts is not a good form of debating in fact some see it as a way you have to justify inaccuracies in your reports.

Could you do me a great favor and send the dentist to my wife's village, please?

Of course do they have all equipment to do whatever's needed. Maybe a "rolling root canal treatment Kuaeng?"

I'm not trying to make a joke out of your post, it just sounds so unreal to me.

And I still stay in the village, at least twice a month. Thank you for your consideration. May the Lord Buddha be with you and your folks.-wai2.gif

OP your comments are widely inaccurate as usual.

OP says ''A dentist at a hospital has only 10 minutes per "30 baht patient". If there's a root canal treatment necessary, or something else, they have to see a dentist at a clinic. But they can't afford it to go to a clinic.So they can't get it done and lose more and more teeth. Weird, or?''

My wife is a dentist in a govt hospital and laughed at this comment. She does root canal treatment everyday and it takes longer than 10min and NO they dont get turned away. Thats a load of B.S

Not all English teachers in Thai schools are illiterate. The wifes mother is one and she speaks very good English.

Is your post based on any evidence or just opinion only??

There is evidence because exactly what OP said happened to my missus.

Again, a poster, another TVF member with an educated wife who has got such a noble profession being a dentist at a government hospital !!!

isn't it normal for ThaiVisa members to have highly educated wives from powerful families ?

A mere dentist isn't very high on the list of desirable wives for ThaiVisa members.

• 1 month later...

Archived