Pattaya Immigration to focus on 'overstayer's' and hotel registration offenses

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a person with the luxury of a Retirement Visa ... I really do wish you sarcastic holier than thou P*****ks would preface your smart arse comments with your age and visa type.

I am extremely sympathetic to those 40 year olds, who want to have an extended stay here in Thailand and the fact that it is near impossible to achieve without some "gaming the system."

I am talking about folks in the heart of the bell curve ... not criminals or those lucky enough to afford a Thailand Elite Card.

It is shocking to see so many Expats with their "F'em . throw them to the sharks" attitude

You sound like a bunch of sour old geezers who for no other reason that being a total P*******K enjoy the rarefied air of "Oh, but for the grace of God, go I"

This is great news. Obviously, a handful of guys living illegally in Thailand is the worst problem facing the country, and the best use of police manpower. Hopefully, after a year or two of hard work a dozen or so aging Britons can be deported back home to much fanfare, while everything else continues as before.

Even though I think that Pattaya police need to get tough on other crimes, I do understand the OS thing. Why should I like many other people here keep up to date with immigration/visas etc and these ppl don't care pay money and break the law. Find them and put them on the bad guys out list. There are many ways to stay long term in Thailand without breaking the law.

Not for the under fifties there's not.

Even though I think that Pattaya police need to get tough on other crimes, I do understand the OS thing. Why should I like many other people here keep up to date with immigration/visas etc and these ppl don't care pay money and break the law. Find them and put them on the bad guys out list. There are many ways to stay long term in Thailand without breaking the law.

Under 50's can stay if legally married, legally working or genuinely studying (preferably at a university).

Under 50's can stay if legally married, legally working or genuinely studying (preferably at a university).

That's right, but what about the ones who have a regular income from their own countries, ie renting out property? Also some people can afford to retire at say 45, and don't want to get married,

don't want to work, or study for anything.

That's right, but what about the ones who have a regular income from their own countries, ie renting out property? Also some people can afford to retire at say 45, and don't want to get married,

if they are retired by 45 then obviously they have some coin. The Elite visa is perfect for them.

If there is no legal means for those people to stay the answer is clear -- they cannot!

Such individuals should find another country who may welcome them or choose the option of staying in their own countries.

They need to start cracking down in every city. Thousands of foreign morons, crooks , visa dodgers, baby bangers , here. Thailand would be far better off without the weasels. Hopefully they will check every bar in Pattaya nightly. Should be able to grab hundreds per night. You poor guys are likely crapping in your pants at this very moment.clap2.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

A handful of guys ? Are you nuts? There are thousands here.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This is great news. Obviously, a handful of guys living illegally in Thailand is the worst problem facing the country, and the best use of police manpower. Hopefully, after a year or two of hard work a dozen or so aging Britons can be deported back home to much fanfare, while everything else continues as before.

It's about time someone started respecting the Law of the Land......

You're Welcome!! smile.png

If the law of the land wants to be respected, they have to earn that respect, and in many ways Thai Immigration does not.

If Thai Immigration, Embassies etc, etc, would all have the same rules, that would go a long way to gaining that respect. and more people

would maybe feel that they really are "guests" in this country, rather than just being tolerated.

They need to start cracking down in every city. Thousands of foreign morons, crooks , visa dodgers, baby bangers , here. Thailand would be far better off without the weasels. Hopefully they will check every bar in Pattaya nightly. Should be able to grab hundreds per night. You poor guys are likely crapping in your pants at this very moment.clap2.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sorry to burst your bubble but not everone in Pattaya is an overstayer.

Did it ever cross your mind that there are thousands of foreign pieces of crap hiding here? It has nothing to do with being old greezers or whatever.Love the holier than thou arguement it never works.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

As a person with the luxury of a Retirement Visa ... I really do wish you sarcastic holier than thou P*****ks would preface your smart arse comments with your age and visa type.

I am extremely sympathetic to those 40 year olds, who want to have an extended stay here in Thailand and the fact that it is near impossible to achieve without some "gaming the system."

I am talking about folks in the heart of the bell curve ... not criminals or those lucky enough to afford a Thailand Elite Card.

It is shocking to see so many Expats with their "F'em . throw them to the sharks" attitude

You sound like a bunch of sour old geezers who for no other reason that being a total P*******K enjoy the rarefied air of "Oh, but for the grace of God, go I"

SunnyJim5. I see, so it is only the well off who should be allowed to retire to Thailand.

There are plenty of working class people from Western countries who would be an asset to Thailand.

It is cheap for them to live here, and there are many other positives, they can offer a lot to Thailands economy.

SunnyJim5. I see, so it is only the well off who should be allowed to retire to Thailand.

There are plenty of working class people from Western countries who would be an asset to Thailand.

It is cheap for them to live here, and there are many other positives, they can offer a lot to Thailands economy.

Suggest these people attempt to walk into a country which requires a visa to enter Australia, New Zealand the USA or the UK -----------visa exempt of course !

Thailand offers a range of options but if an individual cannot (for what ever reason) meet the requirements, complaining here will not change the regulations!

Suggest these people attempt to walk into a country which requires a visa to enter Australia, New Zealand the USA or the UK -----------visa exempt of course !

Thailand offers a range of options but if an individual cannot (for what ever reason) meet the requirements, complaining here will not change the regulations!

complaining here will not change the regulations! it won't, but we all have our opinions, and Thaivisa is a good place to air them.

Don Mega, some people may not feel like paying out 500.000 Bt, for five years and getting nothing in return with the Elite Visa.

Thats entirely up to them but to say there is no long term options available to those who are under 50 and do not want to work or get married is a complete fallacy.

Don Mega, some people may not feel like paying out 500.000 Bt, for five years and getting nothing in return with the Elite Visa.

Thats entirely up to them but to say there is no long term options available to those who are under 50 and do not want to work or get married is a complete fallacy.

I am not saying there are no long term options for those under fifty, I am saying that Thailand should make it easier for them.

There are lots of under fifties from Western countries who would be an asset to Thailand, I am talking mainly about ordinary working class people.

How about explaining the baskets of money on second floor? Anything to do with "At the very least, databases will be shared, immigration issues vs criminal activities."? (and then database wiped clean... money is like handiwipes I think).

I am not saying there are no long term options for those under fifty, I am saying that Thailand should make it easier for them.

There are lots of under fifties from Western countries who would be an asset to Thailand, I am talking mainly about ordinary working class people.

I get what you are saying but, if you are here on a visit as a legitimate tourist, then presumably you have a job to go back to at home when you leave. You know, earning an income. If you are wealthy and younger than 50 and do not need to work for a living, I can see the problem. Your only option then is an Elite Card, which is set up for precisely those people. The thing is, there just aren't many that fit the bill of being under 50 and wealthy enough to retire. In reality, many of these people are working illegally on tourist visas, which is a crime.

It has nothing to do with hatred. Another lame agruement. It is about following the law. What is it you don,t understand ? You like fugitives ? Are you one?

so much hatred its hard to believe that the police need to do anything, just wait for all the grumps that post here to call in and report their fugitive bar mates. Im wondering why thats not working out

And they do in your country ? Another lame arguement. The Thai government is corrupt therefore i can break the law. Thai bar girls are topless in the bars therefore i should be able to be topless on the beach or wherever. Thais break the law therefore i can also. Anymore stupid lame arguments or deflections off the subject? Thailand has been lax way too long. Most hate the PM because he is trying to enforce many of the laws already on the books. If you are unwilling to follow the laws please board the next flight out. Stop your bitching and moaning and leave. Thailand has the right to enforce any law they wish. Most countries would toss your butt in prison, deported and black list you for life.

Yes, I think there are some which have enough money to retire before 50, but not have enough money for the Elite Visa.

But this are maybe the person who will suffer in about 5-10 years, because when Thailand become more expensive or the currency Exchange rate change too much, they are not able to support themselve... and therefore they have to do some ilegal work in Thailand.

There are so far I know 4 legal ways to stay in Thailand longtherm for under 50 years old:

• Mariage (not everybody want)
  • ED Visa (Study)
  • Thai Elite Visa
  • Investement Visa (needs some cash and the risk of investement)

I get what you are saying but, if you are here on a visit as a legitimate tourist, then presumably you have a job to go back to at home when you leave. You know, earning an income. If you are wealthy and younger than 50 and do not need to work for a living, I can see the problem. Your only option then is an Elite Card, which is set up for precisely those people. The thing is, there just aren't many that fit the bill of being under 50 and wealthy enough to retire. In reality, many of these people are working illegally on tourist visas, which is a crime.

"In reality, many of these people are working illegally on tourist visas, which is a crime". Of course it is, the Elite card benefits only the better off, and they

get nothing back in return while Thailand benefits from their contribution to their economy while they live here after departing with 500.000 Bt which is money lost to them.

Archived