Heads up regarding Police checks.

fredob43

Arrived home today only to be greeted by a 3 pip copper wanting to take family photo and see passport. This is the 2nd time in the last 3 months.

Reason given was they are checking on everyone they can find in THAILAND either at their address or hotel who is non Thai. Making sure that they are where they are supposed to be.

Evidently the government has told them to do it again. All to do with Bombs or some such twaddle. But for whatever reason. Make sure your paper work is up to date.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. Just checking on Bums not Bombs in the area

Why am I not surprised that I get yet Another RUDE Idiotic reply from you.

For your information my post was put in for peeps with more than half a brain cell as a heads up.

If you cant say anything sensible suggest you go away.

For the peep that wanted to know where I am K.P.Phet. Have had a few phone calls from locals farang today they have also been checked.

They came to my place a few months ago. They weren't the normal cops though, they were the border cops (ต.ช.ด.). They did the same thing, thumbed through the passport, took a picture. Seemed really friendly. Then left. My landlord told me later that they went to him afterwards and told him we were sex trafficers. The landlord gave them 5k baht, and I guess then they decided we weren't... Bunch of crooks.

Arrived home today only to be greeted by a 3 pip copper wanting to take family photo and see passport. This is the 2nd time in the last 3 months.

Reason given was they are checking on everyone they can find in THAILAND either at their address or hotel who is non Thai. Making sure that they are where they are supposed to be.

Evidently the government has told them to do it again. All to do with Bombs or some such twaddle. But for whatever reason. Make sure your paper work is up to date.

So were you out and about with passport on you? Would they haul you off if you didn't? I almost never carry one.

So were you out and about with passport on you? Would they haul you off if you didn't? I almost never carry one.

Yeah dunno what you read slerickson but I read fredbo was at home.... good chance thats where the passport also resides so was easy to produce for this 3 pip fella.

Whats a "3 pip copper"... ?

One with 3 pips on his lapel so not an also ran dogs body.

Thanks for the explanation, Unfortunately Iam non the wiser as that makes no sense either.

Is it UK slang ?

Would be Captain in British military, but no idea what rank in Thai police.

Thanks for the explanation, Unfortunately Iam non the wiser as that makes no sense either.

Is it UK slang ?

Makes no difference anyway. My security guard is a Wing Commander. facepalm.gif

They came to my place a few months ago. They weren't the normal cops though, they were the border cops (ต.ช.ด.). They did the same thing, thumbed through the passport, took a picture. Seemed really friendly. Then left. My landlord told me later that they went to him afterwards and told him we were sex trafficers. The landlord gave them 5k baht, and I guess then they decided we weren't... Bunch of crooks.

I rather think your Landlord is telling porkies.

Why would he pay Baht 5,000.- of his own money just to keep a couple of "sex traffickers" in his residence?

Patrick

Is it UK slang ?

Inspector (three pips)

. Just checking on Bums not Bombs in the area

Why am I not surprised that I get yet Another RUDE Idiotic reply from you.

For your information my post was put in for peeps with more than half a brain cell as a heads up.

If you cant say anything sensible suggest you go away.

For the peep that wanted to know where I am K.P.Phet. Have had a few phone calls from locals farang today they have also been checked.

peeps ???>?

Is it UK slang ?

Inspector (three pips)

no. It's police captain.

They came round my place last month but we were away. So the next they phoned me,normally when a Thai man phones my number I just turn it off ,but for some reason I just passed it to the wife.they said we had to go back home so they could take photos and check my documents. Wife told them don't be silly where 5 hours away just take a copy from last time, so he said ok.

You are supposed to report to the the police once a year I think.

They came to your place without any reason??? Can't believe..

They came to your place without any reason??? Can't believe..

Yeah, incredulous too.

Going on 14 years here with nothing but a wave, smile and nod from the local police in public places.

Yeah dunno what you read slerickson but I read fredbo was at home.... good chance thats where the passport also resides so was easy to produce for this 3 pip fella.

Thank you as well, there does seem to be a lot of peeps (People) on TV that cant read English or understand same, maybe next time I should put it all in capitals or Russian.

Is it UK slang ?

Anyone know how many ranks there are in the Thailand police? Don't they have sub lieutenants, this lieutenant and that lieutenant?

Khun Slerickson, it's entirely up to you, but for all the time it takes I would at least carry a copy of my passport ( which is acceptable ) If you don't and you get nailed by a police officer...AND ..it doesn't have to be a three pipper, you will soon make him a few thousand baht richer, and you a few thousand baht poorer. Also, it ain't about the money so much ( well, actually it is ) it's the glint in the cop's eye and the little grin on the face you pay for a tune up on his car, or a coupla new tires for his bike.

Archived