Heads up regarding Police checks.

fredob43

. Just checking on Bums not Bombs in the area

Why am I not surprised that I get yet Another RUDE Idiotic reply from you.

For your information my post was put in for peeps with more than half a brain cell as a heads up.

If you cant say anything sensible suggest you go away.

For the peep that wanted to know where I am K.P.Phet. Have had a few phone calls from locals farang today they have also been checked.

I thought it was a pretty funny and clever play on words. Keep posting Ace of Poo (OK, your were better).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. Just checking on Bums not Bombs in the area

[emoji457][emoji457][emoji457][emoji457][emoji457][emoji457]
You may think your cleaver. Bare in mind that they are checking peeps all over Thailand Pattaya is having it big time as I tap.

I don't know if anyone knows but having checked today it's to do with IS. That's the Islamic mob before anyone asks.

They have been warned that there could be IS extremist at large. As the last bombing in BKK was from illegal residents everyone is getting checked, looks like over and over again.

For some idiots that think that's a joke my I suggest you look at the world news sometime.

The law also changes in March here anyone found without the correct visa/paper work, WILL be deported at their own expense and band from entering the country for some length of time.

Hence the heads up.

Police ranks.

No pips listed so am still clueless as to what a 3 pipper actually is.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/401430-royal-thai-police-force-ranks/

If only to shut you up I Googled it something you could have done. For all's information it donates a First Division General or short Colonel General in the Royal Thai police. Happy now. Whatever as I stated not an also ran in fact a top body.

Police ranks.

No pips listed so am still clueless as to what a 3 pipper actually is.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/401430-royal-thai-police-force-ranks/

Suggest you go back and look at Post #24 and repeated at the top of this page as to "pips" but if you want the actual rank..........

post-109645-0-41014600-1453788613_thumb.

Therefore 3 "pips" is a Police Captain based on the above.

If anyone wants or is quering the source of info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police

Arrived home today only to be greeted by a 3 pip copper wanting to take family photo and see passport. This is the 2nd time in the last 3 months.

Reason given was they are checking on everyone they can find in THAILAND either at their address or hotel who is non Thai. Making sure that they are where they are supposed to be.

Evidently the government has told them to do it again. All to do with Bombs or some such twaddle. But for whatever reason. Make sure your paper work is up to date.

So were you out and about with passport on you? Would they haul you off if you didn't? I almost never carry one.

Khun Slerickson, it's entirely up to you, but for all the time it takes I would at least carry a copy of my passport ( which is acceptable ) If you don't and you get nailed by a police officer...AND ..it doesn't have to be a three pipper, you will soon make him a few thousand baht richer, and you a few thousand baht poorer. Also, it ain't about the money so much ( well, actually it is ) it's the glint in the cop's eye and the little grin on the face you pay for a tune up on his car, or a coupla new tires for his bike.

You wouldn't have wanted to pay for this one ride he had a BMW.

Regards the 3 pips this one had a badge underneath his 3 pips. Google states that he's higher than Captain. But what do I or Google know.

Where abouts are you?

I think K P Phet or The Sawan
You don't know where you are??
Sometimes I don't know why I bother if you care to look at previous post I made. Not S/Boys one I'm in K.P.Phet.

N/B I would reply to AOP post but I cant make out yet again what the Buddha he's talking about. Gave up on the first sentence that started. Fortunately neither expat or in need of the sate.

I think the stink of Sulphor from the KPP oil drilling fields has befuddled the old chaps brain, forewarning illegal aliens is an offence worldwide, or is holding a sign "Radar Speed Check Ahead" legal in the U.K.?..Cant see point of this diatribe from anyone with a respect for his Host Nations rules. Is that clear enough.coffee1.gif

They came to my place a few months ago. They weren't the normal cops though, they were the border cops (ต.ช.ด.). They did the same thing, thumbed through the passport, took a picture. Seemed really friendly. Then left. My landlord told me later that they went to him afterwards and told him we were sex trafficers. The landlord gave them 5k baht, and I guess then they decided we weren't... Bunch of crooks.

Well are you ?

Same here. Maybe he has something to hide.

They came to my place a few months ago. They weren't the normal cops though, they were the border cops (ต.ช.ด.). They did the same thing, thumbed through the passport, took a picture. Seemed really friendly. Then left. My landlord told me later that they went to him afterwards and told him we were sex trafficers. The landlord gave them 5k baht, and I guess then they decided we weren't... Bunch of crooks.

They came to your place without any reason??? Can't believe..

Yeah, incredulous too.

Going on 14 years here with nothing but a wave, smile and nod from the local police in public places.

I think the stink of Sulphor from the KPP oil drilling fields has befuddled the old chaps brain, forewarning illegal aliens is an offence worldwide, or is holding a sign "Radar Speed Check Ahead" legal in the U.K.?..Cant see point of this diatribe from anyone with a respect for his Host Nations rules. Is that clear enough.coffee1.gif

For your information The oil fields are nearer Phisto town than K.P.Phet town. So the pong doesn't affect me.

I gave the heads up because some peeps don't always keep a check on report time. Also they are doing it more regularly than before in this case twice in 3 months.

In your case it doesn't affect you so you don't have to post replies. Now you have said your bit and called Brits Bums/ time to as I mentioned before but out.

Arrived home today only to be greeted by a 3 pip copper wanting to take family photo and see passport. This is the 2nd time in the last 3 months.

Reason given was they are checking on everyone they can find in THAILAND either at their address or hotel who is non Thai. Making sure that they are where they are supposed to be.

Evidently the government has told them to do it again. All to do with Bombs or some such twaddle. But for whatever reason. Make sure your paper work is up to date.

So were you out and about with passport on you? Would they haul you off if you didn't? I almost never carry one.

Just a heads up rolleyes.gif it is a bit of grey requirement but a requirement nether the less an alien in Thailand should carry a copy of their passport.

That said my driving license always has seemed to serve enough as ID.

Just a heads up rolleyes.gif it is a bit of grey requirement but a requirement nether the less an alien in Thailand should carry a copy of their passport.

That said my driving license always has seemed to serve enough as ID.

Agreed.

But lately about 8 months booking into hotels they have demanded my passport.

Even at hotels that I have been able to use my D/L as ID on previous occasions.

Going to Udon Thani next week without the wife, not been there before, will try D/L but will take passport just in case.

I'll update on return.

Yeah maybe it is happening of late in certain areas and I have not experienced it yet.

Just back from CM and DV was only thing shown when pulled over at one of those police motorbike random road checks and the GH I stayed at.

I don't carry original passport with me ever in Thailand the only time I do is doing the immigration 1 year extension.

I always have copy of it though in all my vehicles.

I keep good digital images of relevant paperwork on the smart phone too. (Plastic laminate copy in wallet)

Never been asked yet, DL always good enough when driving, wife always books hotels and deals with reception so never been asked there either.

Only time passport leaves the house is for renewal of extension, or overseas travel.

They came to your place without any reason??? Can't believe..

Yeah, incredulous too.

Going on 14 years here with nothing but a wave, smile and nod from the local police in public places.

I was surprised too. Lived here 12 years. Nothing but a smile and a wave before. Only change was moved to a new place across town. My theory: they have some old dirt on the landlord, made something up to extract extra tea money. Don't really know. He didn't ask me to pay anything, so I don't think the landlord made it up to get more money. Anyway, these weren't the regular town guys I see everyday, it was plain clothes border police that I didn't know. I asked around afterwards, some of the local NGO guys knew them, and didn't have anything nice to say about them.

I rather think your Landlord is telling porkies.

Why would he pay Baht 5,000.- of his own money just to keep a couple of "sex traffickers" in his residence?

Patrick

The landlord was hoping a clueless, sympathetic farang might reimburse the (fictitious) 5000 baht

As I said an update on Udon Thani hotel obtained 3 rooms without the use of Passport all they wanted was driving licence from one of us.

But the above doesn't mean to say that many hotels will honour a D/L and still require passport. So don't take it as red.

Best to check when booking the room.

As I said an update on Udon Thani hotel obtained 3 rooms without the use of Passport all they wanted was driving licence from one of us.

But the above doesn't mean to say that many hotels will honour a D/L and still require passport. So don't take it as red.

Well that was interesting Fred. As soon as a post containing the words "Police checks" is forwarded, the normally sleepy, tranquil Central Thailand forum erupts into a hive of activity.

Well that was interesting Fred. As soon as a post containing the words "Police checks" is forwarded, the normally sleepy, tranquil Central Thailand forum erupts into a hive of activity.

Yep seems like I opened a can of worms. Just put in a H/Up telling peeps what has occurred here cop wise over the last few months, and they come out of the woodwork informing me that I shouldn't tell anyone. Oh well no one said life would be easy now did they.

Archived