'Luk Thep' drug mule busted at Chiang Mai Airport

webfact

'Luk Thep' Drug Mule Busted at Chiang Mai Airport
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14537806151453780634l.jpg

CHIANG MAI — As soon an airline announced haunted spirit dolls could fly as passengers, someone was already turning one into a drug mule.

While the media buzzed Monday over Luk Thep, a kind of 21st century kumarn tong, after an airline announced they were welcome aboard flights, police at Chiang Mai Airport intercepted what they said was one loaded with 200 yaba tablets.

Lt. Col. Kom Chetkhuntod said police discovered the drugs inside a girl Luk Thep doll inside a black suitcase at the airport parking lot Monday evening.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1453780615

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-01-26

Luk Thep Drug Mule Arrested
by CityNews

luk-thep-drug-mule.jpg
Photo: CM108

CityNews – A ‘Luk Thep’ doll was arrested at Chiang Mai International Airport on Monday January 25, after officials discovered 200 Yaba pills stuffed inside it.

Luk Thep dolls have become increasingly popular since a number of celebrities began to show theirs off earlier this year. The dolls are facory manufactured dolls which the owner buys then invites a child’s soul to inhabit.

Owners genuinely believe the doll contains the soul of a child, so in response, airlines have offered the option to book an extra seat especially for a Luk Thep doll.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/luk-thep-drug-mule-arrested/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-01-26

Drugs seized hidden inside “child angel” doll

BIKIRgCaCfD0TVnuB2CIMj5AdrRkYl8Zj1d8RHeG

CHIANG MAIL -- Chiang Mai's narcotic suppression police today seized a "child angel" doll after it was found to have hidden methamphetamines inside.

The seizure at Chiang Mai international airport’s carpark area came after police received a tipoff that there was an attempt to smuggle drugs on board a flight.

Police were deployed at the car park to watch out for the drug traffickers

They later searched the car park where a suspected a woman’s carry-on handbag was found placed at a pole of a resting pavilion in the car park.

They opened the handbag and found a chilkd angel doll inside.

A search on the chest of the doll revealed 200 pills of methamphetamines.

The police were checking on video cameras to find the owner of the handbag.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/148178

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-26

"The seizure at Chiang Mai international airport’s carpark area came after police received a tipoff that there was an attempt to smuggle drugs on board a flight."

Sounds like someone was pissed that they didnt get ther proper cut.

"The bag and the doll have been send to Phuphing Police Station for further investigation." It was later determined the doll was under-aged, so there were no charges and the doll has been released to its guardian. No names were released to protect the innocent!

Of course waiting to happen.

Apart from that the people who are purchasing these stupid things are very stupid themselves.

The food outlets and airlines like Thai Air who are treating the the things ar human are also infantile and stupid too.

I'd be really pis s ed off if I couldnt get on a plane because the seats were taken up by one of these dolls.

But for anyone who is into these things ................................I've got a few pet rocks for sale.

You dont need to feed them , or wash them , or clean up after them.....like you do with normal pets .

Going cheap whilst stocks last.

laugh.pngbiggrin.png

I was in the Boat for breakfast a few Sundays ago and there was a large group of Thai adults and 3 of the women had these things. I really couldn't figure it out at the time but now it makes even less sense.

Funny that, I was in Ohkajhu last week and three Thai adults came in with a doll and placed it at the head of the table, even asking the waitress to set a place for it. I thought they were obviously bananas and now it seems like... errrrm, yeah they still are nuts.

Archived