Driving School in Pattaya

jamie2009

I have searched the forums but can't find an upto date post. My G/F would like to learn to drive, I can't drive due to defective eyesight. Can anyone recommend a decent Driving School in Pattaya, how much it costs and how many lessons they have before the test ?

There is a driving school on Theprasit road Jomtien.

On the left hand side heading up to Sukhumvit.

It used to be near Maggs restaurant but they moved further up the road to a different shop house. If you trawl up there slowly you should see it.

My, GF used it and they started her in the car park at the indoor stadium then had her doing highway driving down to Rayong...in no time. Scary !

They let her use the car for her test as well. It was a few years ago and sorry I forget the price ? but not expensive compared to UK for sure, she maybe did 20 hours of lessons but she had driven a car before in her village.....

but not expensive compared to UK for sure,

Well if you think it is expensive in the UK...

Many driving schools advertising lessons for less than £10 an hour... just looked up a reputable one near me charges £22 per hour.

Now think of all the over heads...

• Initial outlay, training for qualification
  • Car modified with duel controls. HP/Lease/depreciation if bought outright (driving school cars lose a lot of value, as nobody wants to buy a ex driving school car).
  • Insurance
  • Fuel
  • Road Tax
  • Repair bills
  • Marketing, adverts/graphics/Google/website/SEO/vehicle livery
  • Accountants fees
  • Legal fees
  • Office rental and overheads
  • VAT

Probably lots more

And no

• Holiday Pay
  • Sick Pay

Lessons rarely run consecutively, lot of down time between lessons, travelling to pick up points, lots of unsociable hours evenings/weekends...

who in their right minds would do it?

There is a driving school on Theprasit road Jomtien.

On the left hand side heading up to Sukhumvit.

It used to be near Maggs restaurant but they moved further up the road to a different shop house. If you trawl up there slowly you should see it.

My, GF used it and they started her in the car park at the indoor stadium then had her doing highway driving down to Rayong...in no time. Scary !

They let her use the car for her test as well. It was a few years ago and sorry I forget the price ? but not expensive compared to UK for sure, she maybe did 20 hours of lessons but she had driven a car before in her village.....

OP there is another which gets mentioned a lot on Pattaya Klang on the opposite side to Foodland. When my gf took lessons they also used the car park at the indoor stadium and progressed onto her driving back to the centre along Suk - but never driving from there. The problem with that is an hours lesson could well end up as only 30 minutes.........

Usually you buy a package of lessons that also includes being taken to the DLC for the test and using the car/truck you learnt in. Apologies as I also cannot remember the costs.

As you may have heard/read unfortunately most of the instruction seems to be about just what is needed to pass the very short test and just getting the licence does not necessarily make them very proficient.

Archived