Thailand is Top Asia-Pacific Tourist Stop Thanks to Chinese

webfact

Thailand is Top Asia-Pacific Tourist Stop Thanks to Chinese
BY MIRAL FAHMY

t1.jpg
File photo. Source Internet

SINGAPORE: -- Chinese tourists can't seem to get enough of Thailand, with visitor numbers to the Southeast Asian kingdom surging over the past year at one of the fastest clips in the Asia-Pacific region.

In a year that saw the Thai military government grapple with an outbreak of the deadly flu-like MERS virus as well as the bombing at a major shrine, Chinese tourists helped turn Bangkok into the region's most-visited destination in 2015, according to the first-ever MasterCard Asia Pacific Destinations Index published on Wednesday.

All three Thai destinations in the 10 most-visited list - Phuket was ranked fifth, Pattaya eighth - recorded more than 10 percent year-on-year growth in international arrivals, outpacing other locations like Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, which were at No.2 and No.4, respectively.

Full story: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-asiapac-tourism-thailand-idUSKCN0V512I

reuterslogo.jpg
-- Reuters 2016-01-28

So the swarms of Chinese has made this place top stop hehee.. Them why are so many businesses closing and so many hotels empty? Oh! Never mind! Pointless to ask when the answer is obvious!

Well, according to the only independent source of data/ hospitality info I trust in this country, things don't seem that grim...

Thailand Hotels Reach 20 Year High

Thailand closed the year with an overall occupancy of 73.4%, an increase of 13.6% over 2014, as arrivals soared to near the 30 million mark, driven by the demand from the mainland China market. December was a particularly strong month as occupancy levels reached 77.4%, the highest levels since 1995.

When the Russians invaded, restaurants and shops changed their language to Russian. When they went back to motherland, those places lost all their remaining customers. I'm seeing the same thing happening with the Chinese, priority is given to large tour groups and individuals have hard time getting even basic service. Once they leave, the places will be deserted. Especially since the word of invading Chinese hords is spreading and westerners just do not want to go anywhere near them.

Those heroes of years ago who endevoured to keep Thailand independent and free must be turning over in their graves. TAT is selling this country out, and to whom. The Chinese. Those rude dirty loud people we are seeing everywhere now.

The recently wealthy individuals, from small businesses all over China. They are the first of modern generations to have the disposable income to travel. Thus they have no travel etiquet, and couldnt care less that they dont. The world belongs to them.

The Singaporean, Hong Kong Chinese can't stand them, and now those Thai that come in contact with them are wondering why TAT was so stupid to open that door.

Just look at what is being put on YouTube illustrating their loud uncouth behavior, their disregard for Thai culture, and don't forget their desecrations. I have seen them myself getting off the monolithic buses and crapping on Pattaya Beach at 7:00 in the morning, and when using the promenad, who can get past them. In a popular south Yomtien family seafood restaurant last week, a group of 8 Chinese men proceeded to get blind drunk, yell and yes scream across the restaurant. They abused and intimidated the young waitresses who tried to quieten them down. Management was no where to be seen. Eventually all the Thai patrons moved their tables down to the other end to get away from them. A number just got up and left. When these men did leave I could see a number of the waitresses go over and were looking under the tablet. Under the table, thrown on the floor was every prawn head, crab shell and filth. Including spit.

I don't like the mainland Chinese coming to Thailand, and wish they would just go away. Call me racist if you want to, but I know history will show us that encouraging the Chinese whilst driving the falang expat out of Thailand will prove to be a grave error.

It is only the Thai themselves that can fix this, and TAT are just far to hidden in their ivory towers.

The problem is that they don't spend money as its all pre booked from home, always on tours so the only ones who benefit is 711's and temples. I'm sure they will also stop coming when the end up "bloody" beaten, battered and murdered and raped too. Then what country will they try to lure into this place?

50 x 1 cent don't make a dollar. However the good news is that Chinese invest. They may see value in establishing hones and businesses in thailand. The next group to be burnt ?

i don't think they are that silly,unlike myself

A chum just dropped by this afternoon and enticed (dragged) me out for a drink here on Phuket. We then went to the Sea Gypsy mall 'village in Rawai. A gaggle of Chinese men shouting and spitting their way through the length of the market (now a complete bloody eyesore, all 'charm' having fled) and this ignorant loud bunch simply made it worse. When we left, tour bus after tour bus of Chinese only. They can have it as far as I'm concerned (The Country). Next time, I'd suggest insist cocktails on my terrace. Som nom bloody na, LaLaLand bah.gif

Archived