AIS beats True Move to 4.5G debut

webfact

AIS Beats True Move to 4.5G Debut
BY JACOB MASLOW

telecommunications-tower-in-sky.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Advanced Info Service, a mobile leader in Thailand, announced that it will be rolling out Thailand’s first 4.5G service in March, beating rival True Move to the punch. Although AIS will be the first company to roll out commercial LTE advanced service in the country, it was the last of the three major companies to provide 4G service, trailing behind DTAC and True Move.

Through its subsidiary Advanced Wireless Network Co. (AWN), AIS will spend 20 billion baht for the nationwide rollout of its 4.5G network by March. The company debuted service in 42 provinces on Tuesday.

AIS’ preemptive move will help the company establish itself as a leader in ultrafast wireless broadband services, and will allow it to gain a strong foothold in the market.

Full story: http://ethailand.com/business-news/ais-beats-true-move-to-4-5g-debut/1469/

-- eThailand 2016-01-28

From the article:

LTE Advanced allows for network speeds of up to 300Mbps, which is ten times faster than 3G and three times faster than LTE.

True, but their internet gateway is usually so miserably slow, the 300Mbps doesn't make much difference.

From the article:

LTE Advanced allows for network speeds of up to 300Mbps, which is ten times faster than 3G and three times faster than LTE.

True, but their internet gateway is usually so miserably slow, the 300Mbps doesn't make much difference.

I use their Super Wifi and get speeds of 180 Mbps.

I also used their free 4G in January and got speeds of around 40 - 45 Mbs.

Actually that is fast enough for what I use it for.

Also I can imagine 99% of Thai people only use 3G for Line and Facebook and some will use YouTube. They have no need for 4G.

From the article:

So with speeds of 300Mbps would my data plan of 100MB cap then 64kbps be used in a split second each day? Whats the point or am I missing it?

From the article:

So with speeds of 300Mbps would my data plan of 100MB cap then 64kbps be used in a split second each day? Whats the point or am I missing it?

100mb is a miniscule amount of data!

Archived