BANGKOK 23 May 2019 04:25

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Communities protest against building Halal Industrial Estate in Chiang Mai

Communities Protest Against Building Halal Industrial Estate in Chiang Mai
by CityNews

hal.jpg

CityNews – A group of monks and local authorities from 25 districts hosted a meeting at Wat Phan Ohn to sign an agreement to oppose the construction of the Halal Industrial estate in Chiang Mai.

The Halal Industrial Estate has already been given the go ahead by the Chiang Mai Chamber of Commerce along with a large number of organisations and corporations.

Once the plans were made, there was immediate objection by the locals in the Doi Lo district, resulting in the project being put on hold.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/communities-protest-building-halal-industrial-estate-chiang-mai/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-01-28

Not in our back yard, I think its not about pollution etc, its because it

will be a Muslim estate,

regards Worgeordie

I think the monks are right, Halal is not a good kill in my mind and the fact that it can only be done by Muslims makes the whole thing restrictive.

A halal industrial estate sounds rather interesting ! I,d like a halal TV and make it snappy :) Needless to say, but I would suppose that an infidel would have a very difficult time finding a job there. The japanese have got the right idea, they won,t even let them into the country !

I was in Dubai recently and I was surprised to see a shoe shop which described itself as 'halal.' In my ignorance, I thought 'halal' referred only to food, but the shop was assuring pious Muslims that no shoe, bag, belt, wallet or any other object was made of pigskin.

The japanese have got the right idea, they won,t even let them into the country !

Can I ask where people like you get this stuff?

Only I'm just wondering where all my Arabic colleagues have been going when they claim to be visiting our Japanese contractors.

coffee1.gif

I have no idea what a Halal industrial estate is. Is it a Halal slaughterhouse ?

I just looked at pig products on the internet and it seems that insulin can be made from pigs (and cows) and that the gelatin for drug capsules can also be a pig product. Given the large number of people in the Gulf states who are obese and who suffer from diabetes, there seem to be plenty of opportunities for a halal industrial estate.

I just looked at pig products on the internet and it seems that insulin can be made from pigs (and cows) and that the gelatin for drug capsules can also be a pig product. Given the large number of people in the Gulf states who are obese and who suffer from diabetes, there seem to be plenty of opportunities for a halal industrial estate.

A good example of the Islam, step by step they try to conquer the world.

Even though I'm getting older, I will resist "tooth and nail" till I'm dead!

The japanese have got the right idea, they won,t even let them into the country !

Can I ask where people like you get this stuff?

Only I'm just wondering where all my Arabic colleagues have been going when they claim to be visiting our Japanese contractors.

coffee1.gif

Muslims can visit Japan but they wont let them stay easily. Apparently there are less than 1500 there.

Good!!! These intolerant Muslims protest against any pork based businesses in their area so everyone should protest against them as well Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to live near a mosque and listen to their incredibly annoying call to prayers all day long.

If we treated terrorism in the name of Islam on its merits, all dead terrorists would be buried in pigskin.