Communities protest against building Halal Industrial Estate in Chiang Mai

webfact

Communities Protest Against Building Halal Industrial Estate in Chiang Mai
by CityNews

hal.jpg

CityNews – A group of monks and local authorities from 25 districts hosted a meeting at Wat Phan Ohn to sign an agreement to oppose the construction of the Halal Industrial estate in Chiang Mai.

The Halal Industrial Estate has already been given the go ahead by the Chiang Mai Chamber of Commerce along with a large number of organisations and corporations.

Once the plans were made, there was immediate objection by the locals in the Doi Lo district, resulting in the project being put on hold.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/communities-protest-building-halal-industrial-estate-chiang-mai/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-01-28

A halal industrial estate sounds rather interesting ! I,d like a halal TV and make it snappy :) Needless to say, but I would suppose that an infidel would have a very difficult time finding a job there. The japanese have got the right idea, they won,t even let them into the country !

I was in Dubai recently and I was surprised to see a shoe shop which described itself as 'halal.' In my ignorance, I thought 'halal' referred only to food, but the shop was assuring pious Muslims that no shoe, bag, belt, wallet or any other object was made of pigskin.

The japanese have got the right idea, they won,t even let them into the country !

Can I ask where people like you get this stuff?

Only I'm just wondering where all my Arabic colleagues have been going when they claim to be visiting our Japanese contractors.

coffee1.gif

I just looked at pig products on the internet and it seems that insulin can be made from pigs (and cows) and that the gelatin for drug capsules can also be a pig product. Given the large number of people in the Gulf states who are obese and who suffer from diabetes, there seem to be plenty of opportunities for a halal industrial estate.

I just looked at pig products on the internet and it seems that insulin can be made from pigs (and cows) and that the gelatin for drug capsules can also be a pig product. Given the large number of people in the Gulf states who are obese and who suffer from diabetes, there seem to be plenty of opportunities for a halal industrial estate.

The japanese have got the right idea, they won,t even let them into the country !

Only I'm just wondering where all my Arabic colleagues have been going when they claim to be visiting our Japanese contractors.

coffee1.gif

Muslims can visit Japan but they wont let them stay easily. Apparently there are less than 1500 there.

Good!!! These intolerant Muslims protest against any pork based businesses in their area so everyone should protest against them as well Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to live near a mosque and listen to their incredibly annoying call to prayers all day long.

I was in Dubai recently and I was surprised to see a shoe shop which described itself as 'halal.' In my ignorance, I thought 'halal' referred only to food, but the shop was assuring pious Muslims that no shoe, bag, belt, wallet or any other object was made of pigskin.

CM has "halal street" proclaimed on their archway, also it proclaims "halal town" I am guessing that is their wishful thinking for future CM. They do play an amplified obnoxious call to prayer from the mosque, I remember being in Turkey and Morocco as a child and the calls were made by a guy with a musical voice unamplified from the tower, actually sounded cool.

coffee1.gif

Probably sitting around speaking it. Arabic being a language.

coffee1.gif

Muslims can visit Japan but they wont let them stay easily. Apparently there are less than 1500 there.

Although its difficult to be precise as the Japanese government does not document a person's religion, there are an estimated 100k Muslims residing in Japan and thousands of Muslim heritage contract workers from countries such as Indonesia. As to other incorrect comments often made on this forum concerning Muslims in Japan, read...

http://www.snopes.com/muslims-in-japan/

The Thai government is actively promoting increased production and export of halal products to overseas markets.

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/press_media/news-highlights/thailands-industry-ministry-increasing-halal-production-marketing-standa

Thai people would be forbidden to conduct islamic animal killing, according to Wikipedia. Various other ridiculous attributes surround the ritual killing of acceptable animals.

I have met many reasonable, kind and considerate muslims in daily life but as an organized and inflexible life culture i find the entire idea of islam equal to lunacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhabihah

coffee1.gif

Total utter nonsense you most likely picked up from one of the blatantly false emails that circulate in right wing circles. There's this brilliant thing out there called the internet which makes it really easy to check facts. Some people would rather believe and bloviate. Here a link to politifact:

Thai people would be forbidden to conduct islamic animal killing, according to Wikipedia. Various other ridiculous attributes surround the ritual killing of acceptable animals.

I have met many reasonable, kind and considerate muslims in daily life but as an organized and inflexible life culture i find the entire idea of islam equal to lunacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhabihah

The same goes for kosher slaughter. Actually, according to most Islamic scholars, moslems can eat meat slaughtered in accordance with kosher rules.

Archived