List of Marine Preserves where spear fishing illegal

dennism53

On just about every spear fishing forum on the net! I have no first hand knowledge but it seems to be far and away the majority answer including dive shop people in LOS. Would love to be able to see it in writing on a Thai site but unable to as of yet!

On just about every spear fishing forum on the net! I have no first hand knowledge but it seems to be far and away the majority answer including dive shop people in LOS. Would love to be able to see it in writing on a Thai site but unable to as of yet!

Spearfisihing is legal, and fishing in a marine preserve is illegal, so it would make sense that spearfishing in a marine preserve is illegal as well, but I really can't confirm that. I know here in the area Shark Point and Anemone Reef are marine preserves, and there are also the national marine parks like Phi Phi, Similans (including Koh Bon and Koh Tachai) and Surin, including Richelieu Rock.

dIn other places it would be allowed, but you'd have to make your own way to the divesite, since diveboats will not take spearfishers, the combination is too dangerous. Also at nearly all divesites there will nearly always be divers close by, even if you make your own way there.

• 1 year later...

Spearfishing Koh Samui at the Marine Park is also NOT allowed. Though, there are several places nearby outside of the border of the marine park. A friend expat does private day trips Spearfishing/Free diving around Koh Samui with great success. Very sustainable, only to shoot what we eat and have our bellies filled and spend the rest of the day exploring and practicing bottom time.  

• 3 weeks later...