Don Mueang crowned airport with world's fastest WiFi

webfact

Surf with speed: Don Mueang crowned airport with world's fastest WiFi
By Coconuts Bangkok

donmueang_terminal.jpg
File photo of Don Mueang International Airport. Photo: Jo.sau/ Flickr

BANGKOK: -- Despite Thailand being looked down on by many for its slow internet, Rotten WiFi, a website which tests internet speeds, has ranked our own low-cost hub Don Mueang as the airport with fastest WiFi in the world.

In the “Top 20 best WiFi airports in the world of 2015” report released last month, Don Mueang International Airport was described by Rotten WiFi as having quality WiFi "with zippy speeds that left European airports in dust."

Really?

The rankings were based on surveys of traveler's experiences and internet speeds tested in 185 airports worldwide.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/01/28/surf-speed-don-mueang-crowned-airport-worlds-fastest-wifi

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-01-28

http://blog.rottenwifi.com/top-10-fastest-wifi-airports-worldwide/

In the “Top 20 best WiFi airports in the world of 2015” report released last month, Don Mueang International Airport was described by Rotten WiFi as having quality WiFi "with zippy speeds that left European airports in dust."

Despite Thailand being looked down on by many for its slow internet, Rotten WiFi, a website which tests internet speeds, has ranked our own low-cost hub Don Mueang as the airport with fastest WiFi in the world.

According to this link and the coconuts post, the fastest wi fi is at Suvarnabhumi Airport BKK.

I am confused.

The wifi may indeed be zippy but nothing else is.

This is a quote from just one unhappy traveller:"Unless it is absolutely unavoidable (life/death) do not land or depart at/from this airport. It took me and my family (including 1 infant, 1 child and 1 elderly person) 4.5 hours to clear immigration and collect baggage. The officials treat passengers just like cattle. All (incl infants and elderly travellers) visa on arrival passengers are directed to just 4 counters (while only 2 are attended. Officials have absolutely no knowledge of English language and have arrogant attitudes."

This looks unreal. Probably checked with local servers, which is really not much use for travelers, they probably want to check websites from outside Thailand.. Even this way it looks suspicious, most of the time I try to connect at the airport I give up as can't even get a connection at all.

Another article that is, well belongs in the toilet. The obsessive ranking here is ridiculous. Anyone who has a small amount of knowledge knows that Thailand does not have the infrastructure to give high speed internet access of 100 MB or in most areas half of that speed. Just because the advert says it. I do not believe that Don Mueng has the fastest airport internet speed.

Truth and accuracy are at a premium here and only get in the way of the message.

Look at the amazing claims of the Tourism Minister and TAT and how officialdom happily make claims, issue statements etc on behalf of other countries, international organisations.and so on.

This is a quote from just one unhappy traveller:"Unless it is absolutely unavoidable (life/death) do not land or depart at/from this airport. It took me and my family (including 1 infant, 1 child and 1 elderly person) 4.5 hours to clear immigration and collect baggage. The officials treat passengers just like cattle. All (incl infants and elderly travellers) visa on arrival passengers are directed to just 4 counters (while only 2 are attended. Officials have absolutely no knowledge of English language and have arrogant attitudes."

Some airports you learn to avoid from experience. Don Mueang is one of them. Another is Ho Chi Minh, especially if you are transferring to another port and have to do a fully laden marathon dash to the Domestic Terminal which you can barely see far off in the distance. Too bad if you are elderly, with kids or disabled.

Despite Thailand being looked down on by many for its slow internet, Rotten WiFi, a website which tests internet speeds, has ranked our own low-cost hub Don Mueang as the airport with fastest WiFi in the world.

According to this link and the coconuts post, the fastest wi fi is at Suvarnabhumi Airport BKK.

I am confused.

Don' have to be confused, the website was dated july 2015.

I am confused.

Don' have to be confused, the website was dated july 2015.

Thank you.

Another article that is, well belongs in the toilet. The obsessive ranking here is ridiculous. Anyone who has a small amount of knowledge knows that Thailand does not have the infrastructure to give high speed internet access of 100 MB or in most areas half of that speed. Just because the advert says it. I do not believe that Don Mueng has the fastest airport internet speed.

Yes, absolutely impossible, if for only one reason: censorship of many sites, i.e. partial firewall in Thailand. There's no way in 7734 that, especially, a public connection in Thailand can be the world's fastest.

Remember when you had to register with your passport at swampy to get 15 mins. of time? When was that finally put to rest, 2 years ago? That's a much more accurate portrayal of airport internet in LOS.

Some airports you learn to avoid from experience. Don Mueang is one of them. Another is Ho Chi Minh, especially if you are transferring to another port and have to do a fully laden marathon dash to the Domestic Terminal which you can barely see far off in the distance. Too bad if you are elderly, with kids or disabled.

Guess where I'm flying from and flying to at end of March...

<deleted>!!!

Certainly was atrocious and difficult to connect to (I eventually took to gomg to the info counter and asking them to do it - they sometimes gave up too) but maybe they were testing a new system that day.

Let's reserve judgement til we go through next time!

I just flew out of Don Muang Terminal 1 and found the airport WiFi to be unusable - very difficult to connect, repeated disconnects, and speed so slow that I never managed to load a single website. But once I got to the Nok AIr departure gate, the Nok Air WiFi worked very well. The Nok Air flight also had free on-board WiFi which worked well.

The whole world should stop doing ANY research about Thailand.

Just read the TVF as all the best Thai experts exists here and their authentic and accurate reports therein.

Basically The Encyclopædia Thailand.

whistling.gif

Archived