BANGKOK 16 June 2019 18:34

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Tourism in Jan 2016 up by 15 percent compared to same period last year

Tourism in Jan 2016 up by 15 percent compared to same period last year

to.jpg

BANGKOK, 29 January 2016 (NNT) - The Minister of Tourism and Sports has indicated that tourism since the beginning of the year has significantly increased the country’s revenue, as an influx of tourists has coincided with the Ministry’s ASEAN Tourism Strategic Plan, linking tourism developments in the region.

Minister of Tourism and Sports, Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul announced that between January 1st and 26th of this year, the arrival of tourists grew by 15.6% on the same period last year, resulting in revenue of 128 million baht, a 16.8% increase on the same period last year.

The number of tourists at the country’s five main airports from January 1st to 26th, grew by 15% compared to the same period last year. Don Muang International Airport reported the degree of tourist growth at 51.9%, followed by the airports of Chiang Mai, Phuket, Hat Yai and Suvarnabhumi.

As for the Ministry’s 2nd ASEAN Tourism Strategic Plan, Mrs Kobkarn revealed that the strategy will focus on promoting the national identity of each country and enhancing competitiveness and sustainable cooperation. In 2017, the plan will further expand the connectivity of the ASEAN region to promote increased tourism in the region.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-29 footer_n.gif

She just can't stop can she ?

The assessment period ended on the 26th, presumably midnight, yet by the 28th she's able to produce detailed figures but I suppose it helps having them prepared in advance.

Yet another set of rubbery figures from a rubbery Junta administration , good point NKK , the collection of data which generally would take at least 3 months to gather in an affluent country can be so readily available within 24 hrs just goes to show those affluent countries with their high tech computers, streamlined systems and immense knowledge , have all got it wrong, perhaps the Federal government of Australia could use the TAT computer system for their Centrelink service , which seems to be in great need of an overhaul, its either that or their senior management does.....................................................cheesy.gif .

Why do they need a bash at the Dusit Thani to announce this. One can only speculate how much taxpayer money is spent by officialdom on similar events which really just waste money that could be better spent elsewhere. Don't they have a conference room in their own office complex?

The Tourism Minister just released a further statement that 15% of the 15.6% increase in numbers were high quality, high spending tourists from China.

"16.8% increase"! I am impressed! Thai rubber sure has a lot of elasticity.

and the point about the Dusit Thani.....yer, why there???

The top most visited cities have been anounced and Bangkok slipped 2 places and is 7% down on last year.

It's all about arrivals. How short sighted can one agency be?

Sack TAT and put someone who knows how to run it.

That pic looks like she's trying to hold back a laugh. Thinking to herself, will everybody really believe this? LOL

It's all about arrivals. How short sighted can one agency be?

Sack TAT and put someone who knows how to run it.

Can't be sacked.....she's a generals wife:)

when i was a boy i loved to read disney comics, espesh about donald duck and mr scrooge, now that im a big boy i still enjoy comics, thats why i look forward to reading thai news each morning, frkn hilarious

I know what I am going to say so why wait for accurate figures, get them out there right away. tongue.png

The PM supposedly uses fortune tellers which might explain why this lady is in the cabinet with her ability to predict.

She produced the facts and figures stunt last Songkran too when she gave out tourist and expenditure details before the holiday was even over.

I am happy to say that there certainly does not seem to be anywhere near as many tourists as last year here in Pattaya , they must all be going to , whereversmile.png