The Koh Kood Experience

camble

Does anyone have any information on the ferry running from Ko Kood to Pattaya?  or alternatively information on the government buses running from Trat?  I have searched for the last hour or so and can't find anything.  

I will be travelling to Ko Kood for a work trip in March and would like to stop off in Pattaya on the way back home to visit a mate.  

I am sure that there will be plenty of minivans but I am terrified of them.  They always drive like their hair is on fire despite any promises made before you get in.  

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sushi5734 said:

Does anyone have any information on the ferry running from Ko Kood to Pattaya?  or alternatively information on the government buses running from Trat?  I have searched for the last hour or so and can't find anything.  

I will be travelling to Ko Kood for a work trip in March and would like to stop off in Pattaya on the way back home to visit a mate.  

I am sure that there will be plenty of minivans but I am terrified of them.  They always drive like their hair is on fire despite any promises made before you get in.  

I was thinking of stopping off in Pattaya on my last trip.  The solution was to take the government bus to Chonburi, then a minibus from there to Pattaya and get in at 7 or 8 PM, so I just took it back to Bangkok instead and was home by 5.  Decided I'd visit Pattaya another time.  You may be able to catch a bus to Pattaya at the Trat Bus Station.

Hi. There is no ferry to Pattaya but Boonsiri provides ferry to the mainland then direct bus to Pattaya for 900 baht leaving at 12 each day and taking 7 to 8 hours.. I would book from your hotel on the island and not online because they forget online and return bookings often leaving you stranded on the island. At least the hotels will guarantee you reach the ferry.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 hours ago, Chrisdoc said:

Hi. There is no ferry to Pattaya but Boonsiri provides ferry to the mainland then direct bus to Pattaya for 900 baht leaving at 12 each day and taking 7 to 8 hours.. I would book from your hotel on the island and not online because they forget online and return bookings often leaving you stranded on the island. At least the hotels will guarantee you reach the ferry.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks.  It's looking like booking our own minibus will be the best option, as there are now going to be a few people coming.  At least we can tell the driver to slow down if needed.  I've never had an issue with a privately hired VIP minibus, it's the public ones that seem to be under immense pressure to arrive in a ball of flames.  

It's a shame and quite surprising that Trat/Ko Kood isn't better served by public transport.  I know the island is marketed as a more exclusive destination but the vast majority of visitors, Thai or foreign, don't arrive by helicopter.  

Archived