Sanders transforms into contender, still pitches revolution

rooster59

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jNCwBz.jpg

I think Bernie Sanders' support is critical for Hillary to win. He brings a very energized sector of the Democrat base to the table- the people who want free goodies like food stamps, Medicaid, college, a high minimum wage and actually think it can be paid for with tax increase on the rich and a war on capitalism. Oh and I hear many of them believe in the Tooth Fairy as well.

I think Bernie Sanders' support is critical for Hillary to win. He brings a very energized sector of the Democrat base to the table- the people who want free goodies like food stamps, Medicaid, college, a high minimum wage and actually think it can be paid for with tax increase on the rich and a war on capitalism. Oh and I hear many of them believe in the Tooth Fairy as well.

The largest contribution Bernie has made is that the American People simply don't accept this wealthy elite Corporate America spin doctoring BS any more. A person who works a full time job and is paid so poorly they need food stamp subsidy from a Government is just Corporate Welfare. A higher minimum wage creates more high paying jobs and economic growth and no need for food stamps or charity. If American wages had of kept pace with inflation it would be $15ph if it had of kept pace with productivity it would be $21ph and if it matched the top 10% it would be $28ph. Public funded education and health care is not free. It is extremely affordable and far better patient and educational outcomes than the terrible private system America has which is the most unaffordable and ineffective of any developed nation on Earth.

Yes the wealthy elite and Corporate America need to be paying their fair share instead of hiding money in Tax Havens, family trusts, accepting Public Welfare handouts, Corporate inversions, buying politicians, interfering with elections. Also America needs to stop spending 60% of tax income on military spending. It isn't a war on the rich or Capitalism it is a war on the greed of a few and changing the priority of Government spending.

An important position in Congress is one of about a dozen in each party who are fully on the Oligarch's payroll. These are considered the party "leadership" and they choreograph how the other 95% vote. Much more economical to buy two dozen than all 535.

You think the bosses have a place for Bernie? laugh.png

Bernie is an Independent. He can be their leader because I seriously doubt anyone from the Democrat leadership is going to step aside for the primary loser. I could be wrong, but has there been any other primary loser that went on to be a major player in Congress?

I realize how many electoral votes are needed, but without being able to compete in all states, well the south doesn't count for the Democrats or anybody that isn't racist, the Green Party cannot really compete on a large enough scale. I believe that if they won all the states they are in there are enough electoral votes to win. Seems to me odds are slim to none for that. A shame because Bernie really might pull of a very needed upset............................................................................................................... There are not people wanting "free goodies" like food stamps, they need them to survive. Public universities used to be tuition free, and damn right, tax the hell out of the Wall Street criminals/bankster and the plutocrats. Well past time they started paying their fair share. Yea, Wallymart gets free goodies, most of their employees make so little they have to rely on food stamps. So the taxpayer supports Wallymart, happy with that, I'm not. Maybe you have never been down for the count and trying to get your fight back under you, I have. As a single father I relied for a period on Aid For Dependent Children and food stamps. Helped to get me back on my feet. Maybe you should do a little research on child poverty in the US, or the cost of piss poor health care. The real "death panels"=insurance companies. Perhaps that you don't quite understand that all the profits have gone to the top 1% since the Regan regime while the peoples wages have stagnated or retreated along with their benefits and retirement. Perhaps you really don't understand the role of the government is to provide for the welfare of it's people, not just plutocrats and corporations. Free goodies, check how much the government paid GE etc. who don't pay taxes to start with. How about the free give aways to the fossil energy sections? Been listening a bit too much to faux (not the) news lately?

I admit there are a lot of Americans scamming the system. But getting food stamps, or welfare or SS, even if cheating to do it, pales in scope when compared to what already-rich people get from gov't. Tens of billions of dollars were allocated by the Feds, in a very short time, to bail out banks, Wall Street hucksters, S&L's, and the biggest insurance conglomerate in the world; AIS. Also bailed out, were at least two of the BIG THREE automakers, Fannie and Freddie, plus some banks which didn't even want bail-out money, but the Feds gave it to them anyway. So those banks got money for low % and were able to loan it out 5 or 6 times for much higher %. In other words, the Federal gov't was investing in private companies - to the detriment of competing private companies who didn't have such infusions of free money. In sum, the Feds were playing favorites in the marketplace.

And then there are scammers like Trump who avoid paying taxes (some years he's paid nothing!), yet use a bunch of taxpayer-paid infrastructure and services. In other words, he's getting a free ride on the backs of tax-payers who are much poorer than he is.

Let me quote from a book: "One is left to ponder the words of Akua, an old Asante woman and one of Effias descendants, as she speaks across eras and oceans: There are people who have done wrong because they could not see the result of the wrong, she tells her estranged son. Evil begets evil. It grows. It transmutes, so that sometimes you cannot see that the evil in the world began as the evil in your home. This is today's blue dawg corporate Democrat Party. Forget Republicans, they've been evil since the tricky dicky days.

jNCwBz.jpg

What about all of the Republicans who believe in an invisible friend who walked on water and said we should take care of the poor and those in need?

Sanders will get a position of power from this campaign and the Dems will have to adopt some of his policies...... - Clinton cannot ignore him - that is why he is being so tenacious.

I agree.

Clinton must adopt Bernie's policies if she is to get the support of Bernie's supporters.

Without them she can win and she knows it.

Bernie knows exactly what he is doing and he is doing the right thing

Clinton is a corporate owned untrustworthy monster.

Bernie is using his influence to somewhat tame the beast.

But keep in mind, what they say to get into office may have little to do with what they will do in office.

Good luck America.

You have permitted the election to come down to two very poor candidates.

For that, you deserve the mess you will will be dealing with for the next four to eight years.

Whoever wins, those years will be a disaster, maybe for the entire world.

Again, good luck...and thanks.for the mess!

Well they may believe that jesus walked on water but that's about where it ends. Like every "evangical", born again christian I have ever met. the most un-christian christians in the world. At least Bernie doesn't pander to their ilk, more power to him. I wish that cataclysmic event the "rapture" would hurry up and get them the hell out of here, because if there is a hell that is where they are headed. Then maybe we can get on with making this a better place to live.

Try reading for a change.

Try WRITING.

Just posting a link farm is lazy and yes an unreasonable expectation to readers.

Do you think anyone is waiting for your latest DUMP of link farms?

Post one link and write something original about it.

Give us a more compelling REASON to go to your link. Sell it!

I don't need to sell anything to people like you that refuse to see the truth.

I refuse to not see that Bernie Sanders is not going to be nominated and that the only sane option now is to support Hillary Clinton solidly so that the vile monster never becomes president.

Enjoy your ideological purity and presumed wonderful warm and fuzzy feeling of moral superiority. That and some bitcoin will get you a Latte at Starbucks.

I don't drink Latte what ever the hell that is and I don't go to Starbucks. They don't even have them up here in Issan, thankfully. If they did I still wouldn't go. I drink Thai coffee or Seaport. Bernie may not be nominated, true and we all know that but what he has ignited will not quit this time. Hopefully the Democrat Party as it has been is finished and real Democrats, the FDR type will take over. You can support the neoliberal/neocon tool of Wall Street criminals/banksters and the military/spy/industrial/Congressional complex all you want, you are on the wrong side of history and the wrong side of the people. Change never comes in increments or from the top, it comes from the people. Try reading something besides Clinton propaganda for a change.

I don't drink Latte what ever the hell that is and I don't go to Starbucks. They don't even have them up here in Issan, thankfully. If they did I still wouldn't go. I drink Thai coffee or Seaport. Bernie may not be nominated, true and we all know that but what he has ignited will not quit this time. Hopefully the Democrat Party as it has been is finished and real Democrats, the FDR type will take over. You can support the neoliberal/neocon tool of Wall Street criminals/banksters and the military/spy/industrial/Congressional complex all you want, you are on the wrong side of history and the wrong side of the people. Change never comes in increments or from the top, it comes from the people. Try reading something besides Clinton propaganda for a change.

In my neck of the woods in Issan they actually do have Starbucks.

Archived