Moto GP / Superbikes 2016

nottocus

With the new changes in my view especially the tyre change MM seems to adapt more easily so my monies on him to win this year.

I guess we will be able to access more as they go into Europe races.

Again to mention the great underestimated talent of Dovi, I cannot imagine how pe'ed off Dovi is with 2 podium places lost.

With Lorenzo going to Ducati wonder who will be leaving.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be good if they could run a third rider, as they have done in the past.

Must be unbelievably expensive though.

I guess that it depends on the performance either Ducati rider this year that will dictate who stays or goes at the end of the year.

Doesn't look good for Maniac Joe at the moment, but a long way to go.

Move to Yamaha next year, my money is either on Vinales, Pol Esp., or Maniac Joe (if he gets the push).

• 2 weeks later...

Synchronised crashing:-

Dovi and Marquez.

It was quite incredible how that happened.

Jorge Lorenzo is in a master class - Rossi good but got held up at the start. But Lorenzo was something else yesterday in the race.

Well done Sir.

Synchronised crashing:-

Dovi and Marquez.

It was quite incredible how that happened.

Jorge Lorenzo is in a master class - Rossi good but got held up at the start. But Lorenzo was something else yesterday in the race.

Well done Sir.

Yes...Lo was very fast. Excellent ride.

Good thing is nobody running away with the championship yet.

I wonder when riders will start moaning about Michelin's like they did before. rolleyes.gif

Bradley Smith talked quite a lot after the French moto gp about where he believed the problems lye. All crashes were from loosing the front ends,

Tom Sykes ran away with race one today in Malaysia.

I did toy with the idea of riding up from here in Singapore for the Sunday race, but:-

• Wife is ill.
  • Need to look after the kids
  • Not happy about splitting the races over the weekend - bad move.

Sunday - go Chaz go

WSBK

More like go Nicky go.

Well done Nicky Hayden.

Johnathan Rea managed to stay ahead of Chaz and extended his points lead in the championship.

Must be extremely frustrating for Chaz, especially when your team mate puts a desperate overtake on you.

I was going to ride up to Sepang on the Sunday from here in Singapore, but with the missus ill and the weather forecast looking like doom, I am glad I didn't .

Will be going to Sepang in October, have already booked the hotel.

MotoGP

Seats changing again for 2017:-

Following Lorenzo's move to Ducati, the factory have confirmed that Dovi is to stay.

This leaves The Maniac with no ride and nothing to lose by going 110% for the rest of the year.

Dani has signed back with Honda for another 2 years, probably getting a pay rise in the process.

Vinales will be joining Vale at Yamaha next year, what an achievement by the young'un. The fect that he is Spanish may have something to do with it but there is no doubt about the guys talent.

Fun starts again on Sunday - MotoGP Italy !

GAME ON

A poor race day for the Doctor. No points...........But I have been wondering how Yamaha have been able to increase the power output to get close to Ducati;s top speed, With two blown engines on the same weekend ! Maybe there is a price to pay ?

Great end to the race with MM and JL putting some awesome passes in on the last lap.

Sad that VR broke down, he was also flying.

Just as well JL's Yam blew up earlier in the weekend as it would have been extremely embarrassing for Yamaha to have 2 bikes blow up in the race.

My MT-09 came out in sympathy this morning by refusing to start ........sad.png

Enjoy the motogp race but looked like Lorenzo win all the way, good challenge from MM but wheelie cost him the win.

Fly on wall maybe with VR saying why wasn't I given a new engine. sad.png

The Maniac is going Suk 2017.

Sepang.

I know its a while away, but, I am taking my Father in law, and two Brothers in law from Thailand to the MotoGP this year.

Hotel is booked (Concorde KLIA), just need to get the return flights and jobs a good un.

Father in law and one of the brothers never been on a plane before.

Should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Yamaha struggling this weekend.

Yamaha maybe struggling later on this season! ....round seven now completed but Lorenzo was using his fourth engine & Rossi was running his fifth engine this season, They only have seven engines each for the whole season and there is still a long way to go.

Yamaha struggling this weekend.

Yamaha maybe struggling later on this season! ....round seven now completed but Lorenzo was using his fourth engine & Rossi was running his fifth engine this season, They only have seven engines each for the whole season and there is still a long way to go.

Yep. What's the average competitive life of an engine? 2-3 races?

• 2 weeks later...

WSBK - Misano.

Well done J. Rea, becoming one of three riders ever to win both races at the same weekend, 10 times.

Sorry it didnt work out for Chaz Davies though, he does have some poor luck.

Cheers

It's hard to see Chaz winning that championship this year, but next year worth a bet. I agree with you Soihok about the Saturday race, also they seem to be on earlier now which doesn't suit me. That race in Misano for example started at 6pm Thai time which is still broad daylight and I've still got chores. Normally can't relax with a beer and me feet up til about 7.30. The MotoGp is the same with Moto 3 kicking off at like 3,30. What's happened have they put the clocks forward in Europe. By contrast the F1 race in Azerbaijan was perfect time for me even though they are far more easterly than Misano

Now Assen and on a Sunday, take note. Should be a corker.

Archived