Moto GP / Superbikes 2016

nottocus

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd DNF for Rossi. Mature ride from MM

No mention for Miller?

Got the feeling that MM could have done it, had he a reason for doing so, like a championship or something. He may regret those 5 points though.

Go Jack

It was a great ride from Miller. Was great to see a new face winning.

Good win for Miller, to see his PR is pleasing now, being good mates with Cal works I guess.

The conditions caught many out but well done Scott.

Sensible ride by MM.

Is it me or am l the only one that is noticing the differences of Bridgestone and Mich this year. blink.png

I remember being an ace rider laugh.png that Mich road tyres leaning would grip, grip and grip and then down no warning unlike Bridgestone.

Good win for Miller, to see his PR is pleasing now, being good mates with Cal works I guess.

Sensible ride by MM.

Is it me or am l the only one that is noticing the differences of Bridgestone and Mich this year. blink.png

I remember being an ace rider laugh.png that Mich road tyres leaning would grip, grip and grip and then down no warning unlike Bridgestone.

After the first few races of this season there were a lot of concern about the Mich front tyres overheating which threw a lot riders down the road. Since then Michelin changed their tyre design and after this design change it seems to have corrected the overheating issue. Assen was a different situation as it was the first race where all riders were using the wet tyres. With some of them pushing the limits a little too far. Hey we are not at the half way stage of this season yet, ,So we will have to wait and see if any more developments occur.

Sensible ride by MM.

After the first few races of this season there were a lot of concern about the Mich front tyres overheating which threw a lot riders down the road. Since then Michelin changed their tyre design and after this design change it seems to have corrected the overheating issue. Assen was a different situation as it was the first race where all riders were using the wet tyres. With some of them pushing the limits a little too far. Hey we are not at the half way stage of this season yet, ,So we will have to wait and see if any more developments occur.

Yeah OK but personally l think tyres should have been tested before season not during and as you say "some were pushing limits too far " that is the point I am trying to suggest with the problem of Mich tyres no feed back wet or dry.

I remember Bridgestone being caught out at Phillip Island for not testing a new surface.

I would like to see the MotoGP riders have the choice of what tyre they use, just my take. smile.png

Sensible ride by MM.

Yeah OK but personally l think tyres should have been tested before season not during and as you say "some were pushing limits too far " that is the point I am trying to suggest with the problem of Mich tyres no feed back wet or dry.

I remember Bridgestone being caught out at Phillip Island for not testing a new surface.

I would like to see the MotoGP riders have the choice of what tyre they use, just my take. smile.png Totally agree with that ! . But Dorna will only give the rights to one supplier. And when Bridgestone withdrew from the tender it only left Michelln because they were the only ones to place a bid.

• 2 months later...

WHAT's happened to you lot,  lost Torrent for a while but found 2 places for downloading MotoGP,  just downloading Misano round 13.

There's been great racing going on since the break and well done good old Cal at last a good convincing win.  :thumbsup:

Didn't realize how long it had been since Baz the last British rider to win a MotoGP race.

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2016 at 1:35 PM, Kwasaki said:

WHAT's happened to you lot,  lost Torrent for a while but found 2 places for downloading MotoGP,  just downloading Misano round 13.

There's been great racing going on since the break and well done good old Cal at last a good convincing win.  :thumbsup:

Didn't realize how long it had been since Baz the last British rider to win a MotoGP race.

OK l'll post to myself,  been a good MotoGP this year close racing with 8 different first places.

Well done Mark a well deserved mature 2016 championship win this time.

Maverick going great on Suzuki shame his leaving them but big bucks l guess with 2017 Yamaha and teaming with Rossi.

Will be downloading Oz to watch this week l hope,  everybody seems to be clamping down on getting downloads free. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for being absent.

Great season, in total 9 x different winners in Moto GP - epic.

Went to Sepang for the weekend, stayed in KL at the Concorde Hotel (Hard Rock Cafe is on the ground floor).

There was an extremely large contingent of Thai Bikers staying there, bikes were mainly from Bangkok and Phuket.

I took my Father in law (never been outside Thailand) and two of my brothers in law, had a great weekend.

Glad that it decided to throw itself down while we were in the Main Stand and not travelling to/from the circuit.

Had an awesome weekend.

Looking forward to 2017 now.

Cheers!!!!

Archived