Seeking Good Neurologist

spectrum

Can anyone recommend a good neurologist ?

I need someone I can communicate with in English (not necessarily fluently, but adequately), and someone who is prepared to explain and discuss symptoms, treatments and diagnosis of a possibly serious condition with me.

I am based in Chiang Mai (and posted this on the CM forum, too). If anyone knows of a neurologist in CM who fits my needs, that would be great, but I am quite willing to travel if needed.Would it be better to go to Bangkok ? If so, can anyone recommend a particular doctor or hospital there ?

Thanks

:o BNH in Soi Convent has an outstanding neurologist. I can't remember his name, but if you need it I would be prepared to go to the hospital to look it up. His English is fantastic and he has a brilliant way about him. I probably wouldn't be able to get there for a couple of weeks though.

The neurologist I saw was Dr. Pasan Vachatimanont at Bumrungrad Hospital, BKK. His credentials are excellent. I was quite pleased with his ability to make a quick and accurate diagnosis. I had the diagnosis previously done in the USA, so it made for a good comparison having Dr. Paisan come to the same conclusion. Details about Dr. Paisan is listed on Bumrungrad's website.

I have dealt with several very good neurologists (all in BVangkok, and I think you would do best to plan on coming to Bangkok at least for initial evaluation and treatment plan, might be able to get follow up in CM). But they varied in sub-specialty i.e. movem,ent disorder, epilepsy, etc. If you can give more details as to the type of problem I can advise further.

One vote against Paisan. He also gave me a very speedy diagnosis and said the tests that could be done to confirm were not necessary, because he was sure about his diagnosis.

After seeing another doctor tests confirmed his diagnosis was wrong.