Brit arrested for theft at Phuket International Airport

snoop1130

Brit arrested for theft at Phuket International Airport
The Phuket News

post-249866-0-79402500-1454330177_thumb.

PHUKET: -- A British man was arrested for theft at Phuket International Airport this afternoon (Feb 1) when he took cash from a cash-filled envelope left on a AirAsia check-in counter.

Tha Chatchai Police and Tourist Police arrested 49-year-old Darren Paul Chapman from Epsom, England at 1:45pm as he was checking in his bag at a Bangkok Airway counter. Police seized from Chapman $320 in US banknotes and $100 in Canadian.

The arrest of Chapman came after a Tunisian man, Issam Barhoumi, 40, reported the money missing.

Mr Issam told police that he had gone to the AirAsia counter to ask where he could exchange the money. However, he left the envelope on the counter when he walked away.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/brit-arrested-for-theft-at-phuket-international-airport-56013.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-02-01

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

note to self:

never steal anything in a place where there are cameras everywhere and i am going to be locked in a room waiting for three hours before i can leave.

he looks to be in good shape, might take three lady boys to hold him down.

next case.

I think he might be a Pattaya ex pat.

Hope he is OK we need all the quality tourist we can get.

Just ask TAT

Perhaps nobody dumb enough to leave envelopes full of money lying around in Pattaya so trying his luck there.

Pattaya guys go out with 600 baht to spend!

Down there they pay 200 baht for a 10 baht ride!

Typical high quality Phuket tourist.

Yes indeed, the "high quality" thieves use money laundering or bribes or "white collar" crime methods to obtain much more than a mere $350 cash grab. Unfortunately, those "higher quality" thieves are probably the people you associate with "class and style" because they can afford nice shirts and clothing to cover their tattoos or scars.

So now everyone with a tattoo is a criminal?

I have several tattoos but have never stolen anything in my life.

I did find £30 pounds lying on the road years ago and told the local police station. They said keep it in an envelope and if no one claims it for 30 days it is legally yours. I did get it and happy days.

I wonder what the law is here for finding property. Hand it in to the local police and after 30 days its....No I doubt it!

I wonder why the media in Thailand never bothers about having any kind of press codex. Is this information really that newsworthy that his name, nationality and face is plastered all over the Thai media?

ehhh..... your new son-in-law ? .... bada bada bing ....

So now everyone with a tattoo is a criminal?

I have several tattoos but have never stolen anything in my life.

I did find £30 pounds lying on the road years ago and told the local police station. They said keep it in an envelope and if no one claims it for 30 days it is legally yours. I did get it and happy days.

I wonder what the law is here for finding property. Hand it in to the local police and after 30 days its....No I doubt it!

kinda prone to ramble a bit are we ?

Those Brits, good thing that the guy did not look like a foreigner otherwise we would have had 20 pages telling us it was not a typical Brit. Now that that is out they go for the fact he is wearing a wife beater and has tattoos. Funny thing, when one Thai does something you will hear people here on the forum always say its a Thai trait. Now that the shoe is on the other foot i hear only the sound of silence.

(not going after Brits but after the Thaibashing and generalizations)

....since when is ..... finding....... an unmarked (?) envelope .......containing money.......considered theft.....???

Do you operate on a type of 10 second rule. Anyone puts something down you think you are free to take it after 10 seconds?

Archived