Brit arrested for theft at Phuket International Airport

snoop1130

....since when is ..... finding....... an unmarked (?) envelope .......containing money.......considered theft.....???

Since you "found " it and, knowing it is not yours, you took it.

Theft, in law, a general term covering a variety of specific types of stealing, including the crimes of larceny, robbery, and burglary.

Theft is defined as the physical removal of an object that is capable of being stolen without the consent of the owner and with the intention of depriving the owner of it permanently.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....since when is ..... finding....... an unmarked (?) envelope .......containing money.......considered theft.....???

Since you "found " it and, knowing it is not yours, you took it.

Theft, in law, a general term covering a variety of specific types of stealing, including the crimes of larceny, robbery, and burglary.

Theft is defined as the physical removal of an object that is capable of being stolen without the consent of the owner and with the intention of depriving the owner of it permanently.

Maybe he was just borrowing the money

Whose going to be the first to say "tattooed vest wearing scum".

smile.png

me! he looks like the cream of the tourist crop from the uk. see them all the time at soi-4

You would need to be there all the time (Soi 4) to see them (UK tattooed vest wearing scum) all the time. What is it about Soi 4 that draws these people? Please tell us.

Whose going to be the first to say "tattooed vest wearing scum".

smile.png

me! he looks like the cream of the tourist crop from the uk. see them all the time at soi-4

You would need to be there all the time (Soi 4) to see them (UK tattooed vest wearing scum) all the time. What is it about Soi 4 that draws these people? Please tell us.

There is a knock shop in soi 3 that accepts paypal.

The title says 'Brit arrested for theft ...'

Interestingly, although I see the usual string of comments lashing out at the guy for wearing a tatoo and a 'wife-beater', I see no specifically anti-Brit comment.

Now if the title had been 'Koweiti guy arrested ...' or 'French guy arrested ...', I have no doubt there would be a loooooong string of anti-Arab / anti-French comments.

That's TVF in a nutshell.

Interestingly, although I see the usual string of comments lashing out at the guy for wearing a tatoo and a 'wife-beater', I see no specifically anti-Brit comment.

Now if the title had been 'Koweiti guy arrested ...' or 'French guy arrested ...', I have no doubt there would be a loooooong string of anti-Arab / anti-French comments.

adjust your skirt,your PC is showing.

No, TVF is actually a wealth of invaluable information covering a comprehensive range of subjects.

Don't be so homophobic and read through the comments again and you will also find that you are mistaken.

He was a bit slow counting the money before he was going to hand it in and the boys hauled him in. He's innocent I tell ya innocent.

If the man left it on the counter he was not taking care of his property well enough and deserved to lose it,the other man took care of it better than him, maybe a reward due here.

Just joking but the above philosophy is the norm in certain islands in the pacific.

The fact his dress leaves a lot to be desired is really not important, it is the fact he is British and has stolen something that did not belong to him pouts us all in a bad light. personally a few days in Bangkok Hilton should tame his attitude if not his sexual desires for some time to come .

Just one of our lads being a little bit naughty. Hee hee.

Those Brits, good thing that the guy did not look like a foreigner otherwise we would have had 20 pages telling us it was not a typical Brit. Now that that is out they go for the fact he is wearing a wife beater and has tattoos. Funny thing, when one Thai does something you will hear people here on the forum always say its a Thai trait. Now that the shoe is on the other foot i hear only the sound of silence.

(not going after Brits but after the Thaibashing and generalizations)

I am just happy he wasn't a Chinese tourist Robblok.........I just don't think the ThiaVisa server would have been able to handle the incoming hate mail..............................coffee1.gif

He was a bit slow counting the money before he was going to hand it in and the boys hauled him in. He's innocent I tell ya innocent.

If the man left it on the counter he was not taking care of his property well enough and deserved to lose it,the other man took care of it better than him, maybe a reward due here.

Just joking but the above philosophy is the norm in certain islands in the pacific.

I'd be more than a little peeved if I jumped out of my car to post a letter at the Post box and turned around to find you driving off in my car (motorbike, bicycle..) saying "I found it"

In these days of terrorist attacks, it's just not on to leave items unattended at an airport.... Obviously the tattooed, wife beating, tee shirted dude is a hero for looking after the interests of fellow travelers by ensuring that the envelope wasn't a letter bomb

Then of course he figured he needed rewarding for this selfless act of bravery.

Those Brits, good thing that the guy did not look like a foreigner otherwise we would have had 20 pages telling us it was not a typical Brit. Now that that is out they go for the fact he is wearing a wife beater and has tattoos. Funny thing, when one Thai does something you will hear people here on the forum always say its a Thai trait. Now that the shoe is on the other foot i hear only the sound of silence.

(not going after Brits but after the Thaibashing and generalizations)

That's right mate, the silence is deafening but hardly surprising.

Just goes to show that most of the TVF users are of Anglo-Saxon stock..........the word hypocrisy immediately springs to mind.

Tattooed Brit/ wife beating shirt Brit !! ok !!

Stupid bugger, somebody left it he took it. That is stealing i agree.

Please do not put all British people in the same category.

I am British . I do not steal, other British people dont steal.

Whatever nationality he was some body on TV would have a go. That is what most of us come on TV for.

As is typical, it is not always easy to find an electrical socket in an airport. I did find one away from all chairs, near a public phone and small shelf and plugged in my phone placing it on the shelf for a charge up. Rather then stand directly next to the phone for 20 minutes I took a seat not to far off and kept the phone in the corner of my eye. I watched a guy who had just exited a plane gangway see my phone and watched his face light up like he had won the lottery. He darted quickly towards the phone with fairly obvious intent. I, out of his view and attention, started to make my way towards my phone approaching from his blind spot about 45 degrees to the back of his left shoulder. As his speed and excitement increased so did mine and we both closed gaps on our intended targets. He was just about a foot away from my phone starting to lift his hand towards it as I increased speed lowered my center of gravity and my right should for what would have been a crippling body check. At the last second he took a glance over his shoulder, saw me, did some quick math and abruptly altered his path. Now to address the debate about "finding" versus "stealing". While doctors were trying to reattach the severed ends of his spinal cord do you think he would have a hard time making the distinction in the future?? If it ain't yours don't touch it! And if you do touch it, you better be damn sure it ain't mine.

Brit arrested at Phuket airport after ‘tempting’ discovery
Phuket Gazette

bri1.jpeg
Darren Chapman (center) confessed to taking Issam Barhoumi's money. Photo: Winai Sarot

PHUKET: -- Police charged a British national who found an envelope of mixed currency and pocketed the cash at Phuket International Airport yesterday.

Darren Chapman, 49, was arrested while checking in at the Bangkok Airways counter after having taken US$320 and CA$100 cash from an envelope left at an Air Asia counter.

“Mr Chapman confessed that he took the money,” confirmed Lt Teerachai Hasso of the Tah Chat Chai Police.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Brit-arrested-Phuket-airport-tempting-discovery/63042?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-02-02

Archived