Dawei Guide (english speaking) urgently needed

andreas islinger

you cant buy land in Myanmar as a Farang.

much of the beach land outside Dawei is already sold and much is owned by the Thai-Italian company

IF you go to Maungmagan beach (and head north of the Maungmagan resort )on the dirt road next to the beach you will come to an area that they have started laying out plots for sale,

Not sure who can buy or how as no one was around to talk to when i went there in Dec.

I meet a guy at Nabule beach that was buying an selling land for the past 2 years., it is NO cheap anymore

i am aware of the legal complications...i have a dutch myanmese friend who is citizen and would be the person in who's name the land is, similar to thailand where falangs can't buy land either. She is a legal professional so has some workarounds... still looking for a local who can assist me driving around and asking the locals... i am not interested in Maungmagan or anywhere north of there... i have been there a couple of times and seen the development of the port etc... i have my eye on the peninsula south of dawei, south of laungton...

Archived