BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

British-led Card Room raided by officials in South Pattaya

So more than 120 playing cards present is the issue here.

I guess this means that all bridge clubs in Thailand are now illegal and probably always have been.

This actually made the national TV news, even had the police video. A bunch of confused old folks playing Bridge.

Unclear what crime was committed, anyone know?

The offense relates to Section 8 of the Playing Cards Act of 1935 which states that an individual is not allowed to possess more than 120 playing cards at any one time. At the Bridge event, considerably more than 120 playing cards were found by officers.

When we went across the border to Laos last year, with several Thai friends, they all bought playing cards. I thought it strange, but apparently, they are closely controlled here. Ridiculous. The police should be ashamed. Massive crime just down the street and they go after this.

Sad state of affairs right now. Police are going after any and everything just to make money.

Obviously not much crime going down in Pattaya these days. 50+ bored BiB without nothing better to do = "Spare me Days" blink.png

Obviously not much crime going down in Pattaya these days. 50+ bored BiB without nothing better to do = "Spare me Days" blink.png

They have been chastised for not speeding up to solve over 600 outstanding cases...

This actually made the national TV news, even had the police video. A bunch of confused old folks playing Bridge.

The offense relates to Section 8 of the Playing Cards Act of 1935 which states that an individual is not allowed to possess more than 120 playing cards at any one time. At the Bridge event, considerably more than 120 playing cards were found by officers.

Got it (that will teach me to read the link).

Where is the usual photo opp with a bevy of police generals standing in the background, smiling, wearing

their Sunday's uniforms, in front of those hard core crimeless? .......

50 armed men from the military and police to catch a bunch of retirees playing bridge!!

Got it (that will teach me to read the link).

Im not allowed to talk about moderators on here.cheesy.gif

If I do then facepalm.gif

I do hope the chess clubs are going to be next there are a lot of political figures on that board let alone that big piece with the crown on its head which always seems to be the target.

I have a feeling this is going to make more than the national Thai news.

I hope so.whistling.gif

Get those scum bag Farangs.

Throw them in Jail, give them very heavy fines, deport them , and black list them for 99 years. giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

The Pattaya Pantomime, just gets more funny every week.

Wonder who the pleasant person was who grassed on them and why ? must have been a right story that one

The bust of the century. facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Wow just bloody wow, you just wonder who tipped them off bloody ridiculous.

It's ok to trivialise it, but what starts off as 1 or 2 hands a night can soon reach 6 or 7, or in some cases even more. I hope they get locked away for a very long time.