Body parts found in Chao Phraya river belong to Spanish man

webfact

I am shocked. I knew him. I very nice guy who always carried a smile in the face. He was in Thailand for many years. He was earning in a month way more than what i earn in a year. For sure he did not owned money to anyone.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am shocked. I knew him. I very nice guy who always carried a smile in the face. He was in Thailand for many years. He was earning in a month way more than what i earn in a year. For sure he did not owned money to anyone.

Do you know how he was deriving this massive income?

It may well mean that he was involved with the wrong kind of people.

That is what he told you he was earning.

I tend not to believe much of what people tell me here, unless I know them very well.

Have you never met any of the tens of thousands of ex S.A.S that all reside here ?

First of all it was a foreign Asian man with no finger prints recorded against any crime, Suddenly it's a Spanish man complete with photo and Linkedin account. I know the Thai police are brilliant in their jobs, but all these incredible results from where in nothing flat? Strange rolleyes.gif

What happened to the Asian Foreigner? I did not know Spanish looked like Asian Foreigners.cowboy.gif

Hey sherlock and holmes, have you ever seen a real dead body? Especially one after a couple of days in the water? Swelling from water causes the skin to pull tight and can give the appearance of Asiatic eyes and lips, depending on water temperature or whether the body has bean in shallow water / close to the surface, the blood pooling and putrefaction process cause the skin to turn dark. Then of course there is the damage caused prior to / at the time of death and marine creature damage. The process of making a formal ID on ANY dead body found after a few days is painstaking. In the west its often reported a black person's body has been found because that's what the reporter saw. It's only after the forensic pathologist has examined the corpse that it is revealed it was a Caucasian who had putrefied/ begun to putrefy.This is reality, not CSI Miami or CSI TV. They are facts.

But please don't let some facts get in the way of the opportunity to bash the RTP / Thailand / Thais in general hey.

I have flown every which way from Europe to Bangkok. But Madrid > Tehran > Bangkok. Never seen that route used

OK, some poetic licence used there. But a Spanish man arriving from Iran is probably not a Spanish tourist. Not necessarily bad... Just not a tourist...

Hope you have contacted the police with your information

the brutality of this killing obviously wanted to send a message to somebody- dont interfere in our business- maybe he was an informant, maybe he wanted to make a big drug transaction in the territory of another gang, just a guess.
his money has been transferred to singapure and other countries,so the thai police surely knows something about him, otherwise they would not say, in 48 hours we will have solved the case.

We know absolutely nothing, yet, about how he died or was killed.

It might possibly be from a heart attack, for all we know.

The dissecting of the body was no doubt carried out "post mortem".

The barbarity in this case stems from how the perpetrators disposed

of the body, and perhaps not in the manner in which the deceased

was despatched.

I have flown every which way from Europe to Bangkok. But Madrid > Tehran > Bangkok. Never seen that route used

OK, some poetic licence used there. But a Spanish man arriving from Iran is probably not a Spanish tourist. Not necessarily bad... Just not a tourist...

I didn't read anywhere in the article that he was a tourist coming from Spain.

RIP, and hopefully some justice can be found.

the spanish man looks like a nice guy, and somehow he reminds me of Mr Nice , howard marks, maybe because he also had connections to iran.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/24/howard-marks-inoperable-cancer-mr-nice
marks was a cannabis smuggler , and was sentenced to 25 years in the usa, today cannabis is legal in many us states, thats the irony.
“Smuggling cannabis was a wonderful way of living – perpetual culture shock, absurd amounts of money, and the comforting knowledge of getting so many people stoned,” he said.
http://www.mintpressnews.com/new-schools-less-crime-colorado-sees-benefits-of-marijuana-legalization/208751/
https://www.coloradopotguide.com/
of course that is only a pure speculation, i dont want to hurt some relatives.

Spanish National Identified as Dismembered Man
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14545824531454582474l.jpg
Police officers inspect a boat pier Saturday in Bangkok’s Bang Phlat district where a human arm washed up.

BANGKOK — Five days after body parts started turning up in the Chao Phraya River, police said today they came from a Spanish man.

DNA tests found that six parts found in the river since Saturday belonged to Spanish national David Bernat. Police believe the 39-year-old business consultant, last seen Jan. 20, was murdered after he was last seen in Thailand on Jan. 20, possibly by foreigners with local help.

“We believed the perpetrators are foreigners,” said Police.Gen. Panya Maman. “We tend to believe there were Thai nationals involved since the murder was so outrageous.”

A forensic examination concluded he died of suffocation.

According to a LinkedIn profile that appeared to belong to Bernat, he was working as a telecommunications consultant in the Middle East. Investigators said he entered Thailand from Iran on Jan. 19. Police said that doctors believe Bernet died between Jan. 25 and Jan. 27.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1454582453&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-02-05

Police suspect body parts found in river belong to a Spanish man

0402004-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police believe that the body parts separately found floating in the Chao Phraya river in recent days belong to a Spanish man.

Pol Gen Panya Mamen, chief of the police team investigating this case, said Thursday that a police team led by Pol Lt-Gen Sanit Mahathavorn, commissioner of metropolitan police bureau, searched apartments in Sukhumvit Soi 8 and found evidences suggesting that the victim could be a Spanish man identified Mr David Bernat,40.

Police found out that the victim had made several money transfers in Thailand and to Singapore and Spain.

Pol Gen Panya said that police had some clues about the perpetrator responsible for the victim’s death and amputation and he was confident that the case could be resolved in 48 hours.

He disclosed that police investigators had questioned some witnesses who are close to the victim. He said that the victim might have been abducted, forced to do something before he was killed, amputated and his body parts dumped into the river.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/149551

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-05

wonder if he has any dating site profiles? might have hints based on who he had been in contact with. in addition span media is reporting there is at least one suspect and there have been money transfers involving singapre, spain and thailand.

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2664826/0/cadaver-espanol-bangkok/

The Spanish press is quoting the RTP as saying that the case will be resolved inthe next 48 hours and that the perpetrators are foreign gangsters

I've heard something like this before.

but must of been mixed up with some pretty nasty people this sort of thing doesn't happen to regular people

That is what he told you he was earning.

I tend not to believe much of what people tell me here, unless I know them very well.

Have you never met any of the tens of thousands of ex S.A.S that all reside here ?

well said man, you get quote of the week for me but you forgot to mention all the millionaires alsocheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Played with the wrong guys, obviously.

Just arrived from Iran on the 19th then last seen on the 20th on bike, key card was still in the door, the maid must have sounded alarm bell to the Hotel management.

I think the answer lies in the Iran connection, something bad went wrong here, whatever it was he was running went wrong and did not pay?????

Archived