Pyromaniac attempts firebombing Krabi cop shop

webfact

Surely no Thai person would do such a thing. Perhaps she is related to another Thai lady with a short temper who has been video'd behaving in an equally over-the-top response to perceived injustices recently. Loonies exist in all societies but gee, Thailand seems to have more that it's fair share of people who flash and burn like this over things that for most of us would handle in a different way.

PS. The cultural re-adjustment that I have internalized over recent years would prompt me to counsel her that a brown envelope with a small wad of the readies would have been cheaper than a toasted car, more ecologically friendly, more effective in resolving her grievance (justified or otherwise) and much more gratefully received. Memo to hubby. Keep all sharp knives under lock and key, particularly if there is a chance she may ever have cause to suspect infidelity.

Hmmmm...silly girl...she should know that a flame thrower works better at persuading the police.

Meantime, maybe she was not willing to pay the police some money to move her case along to her satisfaction.....and theirs of course.

Cheers

Yeah, and it would have been cheaper that toasting her SUV

hot tempered these women.

Considering what the police have done to support the Gypsie land owners , the two killed suspected of drug trafficking, the inaction taken over her property and the fact that he who pays the piper calls the tune I think she has a point. wai2.gif

If more citizens adopted this approach to express their dissatisfaction with the BiB, perhaps the government would be forced to pay more heed to the calls for police reform which have fallen on deaf ears, despite the big talk about it from Suthep before the coup.

Hmmmm...silly girl...she should know that a flame thrower works better

But the quintessential goad for engendering anything remotely resembling a proper police response from the brownshirts (doesn't that term fit so well metaphorically and sartorially ;))

is as the world at large knows: a viral 'loss of face' on social media

Another story that gives twisted minds a platform to spew mindless drivel. I find no humor in the pain and misery of others and disdain for those that do.

Ditto that. Having tried to make a complaint about police inaction I know how incredibly frustrating it is. My sympathies to the woman and maybe she'll get the government to look into her problem now after she pays her 1000 baht fine for attempted arson.

One wonders if there might have been some sort of spin on this story, by either the police or the media? Sounds a bit far out there. My guess is there might be some hostility toward the RTP by millions within the country, for not practicing law enforcement, or having little to no concern for the public welfare. In the US, there is a term called blowback. Just guessing, but there is at least a possibility that some citizens are losing their patience?

Archived