Fridge re-gassing

masuk

Can anyone help with a phone number or contact info for a fridge techie for Chiang Mai city?

My fridge seems to be running a lot lately, and I'd like to get the gas level checked.

I don’t know any fridge techie and it seems no one else does either.sad.png

So as always, you should start with some simple diy before spending an unnecessary 300bt on a bodged so called repair!

You say you want the coolant level checking…….coolant just doesn’t disappear unless you have a leak, do you have a leak, you would know about it.

If you have a leak and its within a warranty period, simple go get a new fridge.smile.png

If it’s beyond any warranty period, then the advice from most refridgerator engineers (that don’t exist here) would be to buy a new fridge as a leak may lead to a failure of the compressor, thus the repair becomes uneconomical blah blah blah.

Ok this is my suggestion:

Turn it off, by the knob controller in the back of the fridge and UNPLUG it for and hour or so.

Do not open the fridge or the freezer at all; just let the motor cool down

After an hour plug it back in, open the door and turn the dial back up.(you have to open the door to reach the knobthumbsup.gif ) If that doesn’t work repeat the process for a further hourrolleyes.gif

Now the important bit; at the same time you switch off the fridge..................

You need to check if there is a dust build up on the coils (at the back at floor level). The compressor motor moves the refridgerant fluid through the coils to dissipate the heat. If the coils are covered in dust or jingjok poo or a dead rat; pet hairs then the heat exchange cannot take place.

The thermostatically controlled compressor just keeps running in a futile effort to reduce the temperature inside the fridge; and will be costing you an extra 30bt of electric a month!

Just get a vacuum cleaner in there, the wifes toothbrush whatever but even if that wasn’t the problem it should run more efficiently regardless.

If that doesn’t solve the problem then you can post your thread on here again (but really you will be needing a new fridge very soon)

Let me know if that works or whether I was just making it all up

ps:you know why they put a light in the fridge? so we can find the beer in the middle of the night.

Gas leak is not directly/immediately a root cause for the long runnings.

Did you moved it recently ? Which brand + model ?

Try this checklist :

http://www.partselect.com/Repair/Refrigerator/Running-Too-Long/

For local fridge repair shop/technician you can find them on previous threads on TV by browsing : fridge repair chiangmai

thanks for the web site and the comments.

The contacts given in the Chiang Mai Forum are some years old, but I'll take the advice given today and check a few things out.

Archived