Ticket to Paradise: Documentary on Isaan girls’ desire to marry farang shown at JAM

rooster59

Ticket to Paradise: Documentary on Isaan girls’ desire to marry farang shown at JAM

0566.jpg

A scene from the film “Ticket to Paradise”. Photo: larsskree.com

BANGKOK: Global Alliance Against Traffic In Women (GAATW) will hold film screenings of two documentaries, Ticket to Paradise and Becky’s Journey, revolving around the concepts of human trafficking, the sex trade, and migration.

Ticket to Paradise, which will be screened first at 7pm, looks at the northeastern part of Thailand and identifies two types of families; one where daughters marry Western men, and one where they don’t. The first live in concrete buildings, the latter in small wooden cottages.

For the young girls in the village, tickets to paradise mean finding a Western husband. That’s why they all look up to Sommai, who previously worked in a factory in Denmark, hoping she can help fulfill their dreams of finding Western partners.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/02/05/ticket-paradise-documentary-isaan-girls-desire-marry-farang-shown-jam

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-01-06

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and than

come to TVF to tell the stories how it all went to the dogs from there, half of these

pages filled with hard luck and stupidity stories about farangs marrying Issan girls.....

And probably more than half of these pages filled with great success stories about farangs marrying Issan girls.

Same as western marriages. Some work out and some do not.

and than

come to TVF to tell the stories how it all went to the dogs from there, half of these

pages filled with hard luck and stupidity stories about farangs marrying Issan girls.....

And probably more than half of these pages filled with great success stories about farangs marrying Issan girls.

Its not the same.

Give me an Issan girl over a self-absorbed entitled white woman any day. just saying.

You a sad boy!

Theres good whiteys out there. There isnt 1 isan girl who isnt marrying to get out of the village life.

There are some good Isaan girls and some who are not so good. I suggest you take a trip and find out for yourself. It's not all bars and <deleted> in Isaan. These are human beings we are talking about. I think your TVF name tells me everything I need to know about you, sadly.

Give me an Issan girl over a self-absorbed entitled white woman any day. just saying.

You a sad boy!

Theres good whiteys out there. There isnt 1 isan girl who isnt marrying to get out of the village life.

Well maybe you should be fair and recognize that the reason to marry is different in different cultures and nothing wrong with that.

And also remember that 99% of the girls involved in this story have no knowledge whatever of how this works in farang countries. How would they?

So they assume it's all the same as the culture and the marriage part of their own culture, the thinking and behaviors they have observed all their lives from birth.

And don't forget many aspects of the Thai culture pertaining to marriage is similar regardless of whether the man or the woman is lo-so or hi-so, rich or poor.

and than

Its not the same.

It is exactly the same.

Give me my Thai Wife against the one I got myself lumbered with in UK and day.

I would say it's mostly the lazy and stupid Issan girls who see this as a good thing to achieve. The intelligent motivated ones normally have more sense than to marry for money, to blokes much older who they normally have absolutely nothing in common with. Fair enough if it's sex/companion in exchange for security, but in most cases that is all it is, don't lets delude ourselves.

You a sad boy!

If you can't understand why Issan girls want to better themselves and help their families then you are the sad one !

Give me a slim 30yo Issan girl over an overweight 60yo White woman any day.

(I'm just comparing what I can reasonably expect to bag on my pension)

They can better themselves by getting educated and getting a decent job, they do not have to be whores or marry foreigners they very often do not even like leading to misery all round. The Thai/falang divorce rate must be about 70% going by the threads on here

Not much different to the White/White divorce rate then.

Not to mention the Thai girls generally get a lot less of the mans assets on divorce.

Nobody really knows what the rate is, certainly high and could be more like 80%

Does it really matter, my 6th wedding anniversary is next week.

I've had a great ride, and if it ends tomorrow ........... NEXT!

(comparing with my 30 year marriage in the UK which was mostly shit)

No problem.

Just better yourself.

Get a good education.

But where to get a good education?

And who is going to pay for the education?

It is not that easy, if you come from a real poor family in a small village.

Many times you see that in bigger families one girl goes to work in "social services" to pay for the education of other children in the family.

I think we should never look down our noses to girls working in bars.

Whatever the reason they are human beings, and working for a living, or helping the family.

That around 60% of the women in Isan would like to marry a foreigner has more reasons.

Financial security is probably the most important one.

But, isn't that the main reason if they marry a Thai man.

Of course there are other reasons for marrying a foreigner.

But in this country money is highly important.

Although seen the financial disasters in the west through divorces I wonder if things are really worse in Thailand.

The divorce rate for mixed marriages in Khon Kaen actually is lower as the divorce rate for Thai marriages.

Guess the divorced guys are more vocal?

it's all down to motivation and trying rather than looking for excuses. Mrs family were very poor, brother entered the monk hood, they sent him to Uni and he's a teacher. He sponsored my mrs a lot for her education. The rest of her sisters, one degree works at Bangkok Bank, one housewife, one the 100k noodle seller, she got a loan to start off. Another brother went to College helped by family, electrician at Chula Uni. Last one a nanny earns the least at 30k a month goes all over the world with her employer. I imagine all the girls could have given up before they started but chose not to. My mrs tells a story of when they were kids, all they have one day was rice and one egg so they cut the egg up with cotton so they all got a bit. Takes getting off your ass, not laying on it.

You a sad boy!

You sound like an unhappy person about Isaan girls. Maybe got your fingers burnt (or bank account) and have headed home to the local lasses? Maybe they (Isaan girls) are too clever for you. whistling.gif

You a sad boy!

My wife left Bangkok to return to Issan, marry me and live in a small city together near her parents village. So much for your not one theory.

Lived with an issarn girl for the last 12 years, and still think daily about leaving her... Shes not lazy, doesnt ask for money and is completely self sufficient with her own business. so why would i think about leaving her you ask?

Well to put it bluntly - its like living with a child, a very uneducated child. A very boring and highly volatile selfish and closed minded individual. Ofcourse i never thought that when i met her... infact i saw her as being much better than what was currently available, probably one of the better ones. But ask yourself as you live in this 3rd world, is this a step up or a step down? who benefits most from this relationship? us or them?

it's all down to motivation and trying rather than looking for excuses. Mrs family were very poor, brother entered the monk hood, they sent him to Uni and he's a teacher. He sponsored my mrs a lot for her education. The rest of her sisters, one degree works at Bangkok Bank, one housewife, one the 100k noodle seller, she got a loan to start off. Another brother went to College helped by family, electrician at Chula Uni. Last one a nanny earns the least at 30k a month goes all over the world with her employer. I imagine all the girls could have given up before they started but chose not to. My mrs tells a story of when they were kids, all they have one day was rice and one egg so they cut the egg up with cotton so they all got a bit. Takes getting off your ass, not laying on it.

Some good karma must have happened between sharing 1 egg and sending son to uni.

Why just pick on girls from Isaan ?

When any Thai states she is looking for a farang, it is all about the money.

Not quite empirical but through my years in Thailand, I can see that Chiangmai girls will go for Japanese while Bangkok girls will look for Japanese, Korean & Singapore men. Songkla more Malaysia match up. Not necessary all provinces prefer farang.

Archived