Ticket to Paradise: Documentary on Isaan girls’ desire to marry farang shown at JAM

rooster59

Give me an Issan girl over a self-absorbed entitled white woman any day. just saying.

you and the other 58 people who hit the like button are men(?) who are bitter about their farangland relatioships(if even had one)

Newsflash.......thai women are much more self-absorbed than most of the western women i've EVER come across...

Give me an Issan...........that makes you sound sooo miniscule!!!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Udon Thani wife married me because she wanted someone to provide for her and her two sons. I married her because she was young and beautiful and fun to be with.

That was 18 years ago.

Who says marrying an Isaan girl doesn't work.

The thousands who get divorced I would think. There are many minorities of course so you can't lump them all together as' Issan girls'. I would say, in my experience, a Khmer woman has somewhat better chances of a success in marriage than a lao.

If anyone thinks getting married inthe west is any different than getting married in Thailand doesn't understand the physcology of marriage. Women look for a man who can ensure her and her childrens survival.

weird. last time i checked my "woman" had no kids, doesn't want kids, pays all her personal bills, loves her financial indepency... oh and she's also NOT fat, nor smelly or hairy, she can even properly clean herself after wc visit, she has silky skin (fair complexion though), and a great body, she doesn't complain or dominates or lies or envies, she thinks outside the box, she can be naughty too (lucky me!), she loves travels and adventure, she also occasionally likes "forbidden" things, she has heard about eg. coltrane and zappa, she reads books, she doesn't watch soaps, she knows how to turn me on without money changing hands, she even lets me stay in thailand for many months a year without being there herself and she never wears any makeup... weird. so weird. the problem with most guys here is that they are nothing different than joe sixpack, although most think they are cuz they live in LOS. so yes u are right, the women they are looking for here are the same they used to look for in the west except that ones here are more "exotical" and believe in ghosts. same same but different....

facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

And you're not the least bit smug or boastful about it. Congrats... Who wants a woman who doesn't want kids? That's unnatural and quite frankly a bit creepy.

If anyone thinks getting married inthe west is any different than getting married in Thailand doesn't understand the physcology of marriage. Women look for a man who can ensure her and her childrens survival.

weird. last time i checked my "woman" had no kids, doesn't want kids, pays all her personal bills, loves her financial indepency... oh and she's also NOT fat, nor smelly or hairy, she can even properly clean herself after wc visit, she has silky skin (fair complexion though), and a great body, she doesn't complain or dominates or lies or envies, she thinks outside the box, she can be naughty too (lucky me!), she loves travels and adventure, she also occasionally likes "forbidden" things, she has heard about eg. coltrane and zappa, she reads books, she doesn't watch soaps, she knows how to turn me on without money changing hands, she even lets me stay in thailand for many months a year without being there herself and she never wears any makeup... weird. so weird. the problem with most guys here is that they are nothing different than joe sixpack, although most think they are cuz they live in LOS. so yes u are right, the women they are looking for here are the same they used to look for in the west except that ones here are more "exotical" and believe in ghosts. same same but different....

facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

And you're not the least bit smug or boastful about it. Congrats... Who wants a woman who doesn't want kids? That's unnatural and quite frankly a bit creepy.

good lord......now i've heard it all!..............birth rates worldwide have been in decline since contraception

You must be catholic if you think it's unnatural...as for creepy...must be a lot of creepy people out therecrazy.gif

taking a plane and fly to the other side of the world to find a woman is also unnatural. coffee1.gif

taking a plane and fly to the other side of the world to find a woman is also unnatural. coffee1.gif

yes....but if he found a woman back home,she wouldn't be 'naturally' beautiful and up to his standard....LOL....

yes....but if he found a woman back home,she wouldn't be 'naturally' beautiful and up to his standard....LOL....

True. And problem is women back home cant be impressed with a 500thb bill....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The ones from Nakhon Pathom and Ratchaburi are nice too !! My wife of 12 plus years fits into that group, but like always, you marry the whole family.

Give me an Issan girl over a self-absorbed entitled white woman any day. just saying.

Birth Rate down World Wide, is not quite true, the Muslims are multilpying at such a rate the will dominate the World in 50 or so years. Thank God I will not be around, bacause I hate killing people ovver religion.

facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

good lord......now i've heard it all!..............birth rates worldwide have been in decline since contraception

You must be catholic if you think it's unnatural...as for creepy...must be a lot of creepy people out therecrazy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Give me a slim 30yo Issan girl over an overweight 60yo White woman any day.

(I'm just comparing what I can reasonably expect to bag on my pension)

Truths and facts . . . . overweight? some people like jiggleosity.

• 1 month later...
On 06/02/2016 at 5:40 AM, scorecard said:

Well maybe you should be fair and recognize that the reason to marry is different in different cultures and nothing wrong with that.

And also remember that 99% of the girls involved in this story have no knowledge whatever of how this works in farang countries. How would they?

So they assume it's all the same as the culture and the marriage part of their own culture, the thinking and behaviors they have observed all their lives from birth.

And don't forget many aspects of the Thai culture pertaining to marriage is similar regardless of whether the man or the woman is lo-so or hi-so, rich or poor.

Given that Isaan girls know nothing about what is going on outside of Thailand , and never care to get close to perfection ( see how not a single one speaks a good English , even English teacher wannabe)

I would say beeing happy means one belong to 2 specific profiles

- 1 need of a sex toy which does not bother us when no on duty

-2 beeing a guy very introverted who needs low social interraction.

Each time i have been with those girls i felt so lonely after the magic of the first days.

I mean the odds are against us so even if some good women exist dont forget its like hopping to win a lotery....

Most of her energy , she will spend it on here family and specially on her mother.

Then come the loss of face issue which screws up anything.

I would say anybody who does not target more than a mediocre relationship should be happy

On 06/02/2016 at 1:43 PM, thaiduncankk said:

Why just pick on girls from Isaan ?

When any Thai states she is looking for a farang, it is all about the money.

Actually it's often not about the money, money, money as this well-informed article makes clear. 

www.seriouslymince.blogspot.th/2014/02/why-do-thai-girls-love-western-guys.html 

5 hours ago, brownrabbit said:

Actually it's often not about the money, money, money as this well-informed article makes clear. 

www.seriouslymince.blogspot.th/2014/02/why-do-thai-girls-love-western-guys.html 

A non-existent link?

If I had of been born with a pussy,I am sure I would make full

use of it to get out of dire poverty,I wasn't ,so had to work damn 

hard to get where I am today,you use what you have,brains,strength,

gile, and some folks it's dishonesty,to better oneself,that's life and

you have to make the best of it.

regards worgeordie

On 2/6/2016 at 11:13 AM, Nomyai said:

You a sad boy!

Theres good whiteys out there. There isnt 1 isan girl who isnt marrying to get out of the village life.

As if white girls never marry for money. How many white girls are willing to marry a man who has/ makes less money than her?

13 years now married. I 53 and my wife 42 we met in Isaan on her father´s rice field..

Isaan girl and farang

or simple a care taking human beeings, grown up in another country who met a person they wanted, fully aware with all pros and contras and difficulties.

I am sure, I am not a lucky one,  but I have like thousands of farangs in a long time marriage a too normal story for Thailand to tell.  

The story very old man and very young girl (may be even met in a Bar), built a house in Insaan, bought a car for himself in her name, paid for brothers Motorbike accident, fathers heart attack and Grandmothers buffalo surgery and finally lost everything till his undies. THAT are the stories told in every pub, bar and liquor store´s stone table. 

Actually a story that counts everywhere around the world and is told everywhere where `poor` girls living and ´rich` man sitting having a beer together.. 

On 2/16/2016 at 4:39 AM, ffaarraanngg said:

Yes but when 2 westerners get married it is for the fight reasons, here its so she can go shopping and get as much out of the deal as possible.

Personally i'd sooner a relationship with a farm yard animal than get involved with an Isaan woman.

Wow, Isaan ladies have dodged a bullet with you. I have been with an Isaan lady for 7 years and she works hard and contributes to our life together. I am not rich and in fact if I didn't have a job here i couldn't stay so your very insulting post about Isaan ladies tells me that they have the better deal in not meeting men like you.

By the way your unintentional typo is pretty much on the mark - "Yes but when 2 westerners get married it is for the fight reasons".

To many western woman now have a sense of entitlement and have taken equality to a new level so much so that is is now inequality in their favour.

I will happily have my Isaan lady over them any day of the week.

On 2/7/2016 at 2:30 AM, mickyboy said:

if it works then ok if not then bad luck you know what your doing your an adult if you dont then your a dumb ares just be prepared to be disapointed once thy get what they want but if your getting what you want rock on tommy

As others have said, try to get out of the bars and meet real Thai ladies and you will find that they are not all money-grabbers. I found one who was managing a restaurant and she is a great lady. Granted she has all the Thai attributes but T i T as she is a lovely lady who is happy in her life without loads of money. 

Archived