Ticket to Paradise: Documentary on Isaan girls’ desire to marry farang shown at JAM

rooster59

On 2/16/2016 at 4:29 PM, Bernard Flint said:

Deluded hahahahahah. Want to here a couple of stories, you might change your mind.

I think you are the deluded one and to deprecate someones good story by asking if he wants to here some bad ones is so sad. 

one can only ask why you are here if western women are so wonderful. Having spent most of my life with them I can assure you they are not and just as money hungry as any other nationality.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/16/2016 at 4:29 PM, louse1953 said:

Jeez Billy,how long before we will be calling you Silly Billy.Have you ever heard of the Long Game?Oh,i forgot,she loves you because of a few swarmy emails.Guess there is still,one born every minute.

Your screen name seems very fitting.

On 2/19/2016 at 5:26 PM, mcfish said:

For a few hours sure but would slit my wrists 6 months down the road. what will you do with the lazy cow after the novelty has worn off..

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Thai woman, lazy???? As they are the ones that generally hold the family together and have to work while the male son sits on his backside, I don't think you can call Thai/Iisaan women lazy.

On 5/11/2016 at 11:13 AM, willyumiii said:

The guys who made bad choices and ended up with bad Isaan girls feel less foolish when the assume everyone else is as naive as they were and claim the problem is that all Isaan girls are bad rather than accept that made a mistake.

There are many good Isaan women out there and many good farang / Isaan marriages.

I have had a great marriage with an Isaan woman for 15 years now.

If you guys ever want to give it another try, I have some good advice for you.

Don't go looking for a good woman in a bar.

Perfectly put and I couldn't agree more. I met a lovely lady who was managing a restaurant and we have been together seven years now and she has helped me through some financial hard times. Sort of flies in the face of those who think all Isaan/Thai women are only in it for the money.

On 5/24/2016 at 11:05 PM, Thainess said:

And you're not the least bit smug or boastful about it. Congrats... Who wants a woman who doesn't want kids? That's unnatural and quite frankly a bit creepy.

Unnatural and creepy??? I'm guessing that you haven't heard of a woman's ability to choose. Breaking news!! many women choose not to have children these days as do many men choose not to be fathers. It is neither unnatural or creepy simply a matter of personal choice.

On February 5, 2016 at 11:43 PM, thaiduncankk said:

Why just pick on girls from Isaan ?

When any Thai states she is looking for a farang, it is all about the money.

For many months before my 1st trip to TL I researched Thai culture while also getting to know some wonderful girls on a Thai dating site,   often video chatting with me at the piano or guitar singing some rock and roll requests over 8000 miles of cyberspace .  They were always thrilled at these unique and romantic flourishes. It was always made  clear that I don't have a bunch of money and that I was moving to Thailand to live a good life on minimal retirement funds. Believe it or not most are still dear sweet friends who would do anything for me and I them. It's too soon for me to speculate on a long term relationships, but I'm sure I'll find a girlfriend who won't need money from me, and I will be as generous as I can and need to be because it's how I feel, without any presumptions ,  expectations, or "rich farang" role playing. I know several well educated beautiful girls, one owns a farm in Phathalung and.   another works for an American  company in Kathu. They would welcome me with open arms whenever I was ready, but I don't live there yet and so I will pace myself, visiting them once a year in their respective towns: Wannipa,  Darunee, Passikan.  And there is NO DOUBT about how Thai women compare to American women, in general, not EVEN gonna debate it. I know how to find the good ones. My future looks bright

On 5/21/2016 at 5:55 PM, MosMing said:

My Udon Thani wife married me because she wanted someone to provide for her and her two sons. I married her because she was young and beautiful and fun to be with.

That was 18 years ago.

Who says marrying an Isaan girl doesn't work.

Yep, you're so right and my 15 years long lasting marriage is still a great one. Keep smiling, mate. :D:D:D 

P.S. Those who weren't "successful" tell some lies that all Isaan women are dishonest.

There're guys who married three times and still don't get it. 

8 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

For many months before my 1st trip to TL I researched Thai culture while also getting to know some wonderful girls on a Thai dating site,   often video chatting with me at the piano or guitar singing some rock and roll requests over 8000 miles of cyberspace .  They were always thrilled at these unique and romantic flourishes. It was always made  clear that I don't have a bunch of money and that I was moving to Thailand to live a good life on minimal retirement funds. Believe it or not most are still dear sweet friends who would do anything for me and I them. It's too soon for me to speculate on a long term relationships, but I'm sure I'll find a girlfriend who won't need money from me, and I will be as generous as I can and need to be because it's how I feel, without any presumptions ,  expectations, or "rich farang" role playing. I know several well educated beautiful girls, one owns a farm in Phathalung and.   another works for an American  company in Kathu. They would welcome me with open arms whenever I was ready, but I don't live there yet and so I will pace myself, visiting them once a year in their respective towns: Wannipa,  Darunee, Passikan.  And there is NO DOUBT about how Thai women compare to American women, in general, not EVEN gonna debate it. I know how to find the good ones. My future looks bright

For many months before my 1st trip to TL I researched Thai culture while also getting to know some wonderful girls on a Thai dating site,   often video chatting with me at the piano or guitar singing some rock and roll requests over 8000 miles of cyberspace .  They were always thrilled at these unique and romantic flourishes.

Thanks for the good night story !!! I fell asleep within a minute after reading only two sentences. Cyberspace rock? You gotta be kidding. 

Please don't spend too much of the money you're receiving from your government for Asian online dating chicks. They might have a digg. Better buy a water frog.....

Is it possible that you've read too many science fiction books and watched too many " ready to beam movies?"

I've sent a message to some high Super Moderators of this forum to get you the 2016 Wurlitzer prize in gold. Please hang in there, they'll get in touch with you ASAP. 

On 6 February 2016 at 9:25 AM, mrrizzla said:

Surprised she told her mother and family directly, it is normally an open secret....

Pretty depressing state of reality.

There seem to be both types. Those that pretend to be doing a low paid job and can spend most of the earnings from prostution on themselves and those who are open about things and send most their earnings home to support their kids, parents, siblings and husband. The latter type seems more common these days. With mobile phones and social media word gets back from other girls pretty fast any way. In the old days they had to write letters and most had only Por 6 or Por 4 education and were virtually illiterate. So they just disappeared to the city and could tell any story they liked depending on how much cash they wanted to send home.

Most of the problems in these marriages seem to stem from the mismatch of ecpectations. The farang men underestimate their expected roles as providers for the woman's entire family and delude themselves with notions of a Western situation where they only have to provide for their own family and the state takes care of the financially incompetent. Many are verging on financially incompetent themselves and choose to overlook the obvious reason why a much younger foreign woman has agreed to marry them and go and live in an alien culture. I have heard many of the new breed of university educated 'mia farang' dismissing their farang husbands as being 'khee niaow' for refusing to give them money to support their families and even expecting them to work and contribute to the household expenses. When this is explained to their university educated friends they all agree instantly that this is grounds for divorce, i.e. The farang didn't do what it said on the label.

Comparing all Isaan girls to ex-protitutes (and current) looking for a rich Farang to keep up the money supply for them/family, is like comparing all girls in Western societies to the prostitutes. Clearly many Thai Visa posters are bitter and twisted about their bad experiences with Thai girls.

Thai people think most Farangs are rich - because compared to most of them, they are. There are many many reasons for a Thai girl to want to find a Farang - many already mentioned by others - AND also because they (usually) treat their wives much much better than (most) Thai men.  

I spent 2 years doing the search, and am now married 4 years so far and all is good - and that 4 years is worth more than the nearly 30 spent with a western woman (except for the kids).  And if it ended tomorrow, I know it wwould cost me a LOT LOT less to walk away (this time) - both money and in my future life. 

I dont like to give personal advice in forums (everyone different), but if any older farang (45+) is reading this forum post seeking knowledge about how to find a good Thai wife, then I will say that it is HIGHLY recommended because life is great if/when you do.  But I also strongly recommend any Farang looking for a Thai wife, do at least three things before committing/locking-in yourself (and your money/life):

1.  Have a vasectomy, unless you want a child - and tell her you have had a vasectomy and checked it recently - they are EXTREMELY fertile when they want to be (and who ever knows - no DNA tests here pal) :)

2.  Take your time and check out the girl's history - listen closely and make sure her story is consistent over time. Talk to her friends if you can (or get someone else to do it).  Dont rush in and take your time - if she changes stories and wants things done quickly then be wary.

3.  Never ever try to talk/brag about your money/wealth and think that will 'attract' her - that will only attract the bad ones.  Tell her you have a little money but are not as rich as some Farangs you have heard about - always talk about saving money and not wasting it - tell her you can help her and the family a little but you do not have much (whether you do or not). If she is good she will stay, if she is no good she will find a reason to leave.

I have been lucky, and I know several others who have also been lucky, but I only know one guy who was not . Maybe that is the truth of it - and therefore maybe all the bitter Farangs who were not lucky on Thai Visa are those that thought that a bar girl who is 20+ years younger than them truly loved them for their body and mind. Maybe the happy lucky Farangs have a happy life with a happy wife and dont have time to post/argue/troll all day every day. 

Who knows. :whistling:

42 minutes ago, Bob9 said:

Comparing all Isaan girls to ex-protitutes (and current) looking for a rich Farang to keep up the money supply for them/family, is like comparing all girls in Western societies to the prostitutes. Clearly many Thai Visa posters are bitter and twisted about their bad experiences with Thai girls.

Thai people think most Farangs are rich - because compared to most of them, they are. There are many many reasons for a Thai girl to want to find a Farang - many already mentioned by others - AND also because they (usually) treat their wives much much better than (most) Thai men.  

I spent 2 years doing the search, and am now married 4 years so far and all is good - and that 4 years is worth more than the nearly 30 spent with a western woman (except for the kids).  And if it ended tomorrow, I know it wwould cost me a LOT LOT less to walk away (this time) - both money and in my future life. 

I dont like to give personal advice in forums (everyone different), but if any older farang (45+) is reading this forum post seeking knowledge about how to find a good Thai wife, then I will say that it is HIGHLY recommended because life is great if/when you do.  But I also strongly recommend any Farang looking for a Thai wife, do at least three things before committing/locking-in yourself (and your money/life):

1.  Have a vasectomy, unless you want a child - and tell her you have had a vasectomy and checked it recently - they are EXTREMELY fertile when they want to be (and who ever knows - no DNA tests here pal) :)

2.  Take your time and check out the girl's history - listen closely and make sure her story is consistent over time. Talk to her friends if you can (or get someone else to do it).  Dont rush in and take your time - if she changes stories and wants things done quickly then be wary.

3.  Never ever try to talk/brag about your money/wealth and think that will 'attract' her - that will only attract the bad ones.  Tell her you have a little money but are not as rich as some Farangs you have heard about - always talk about saving money and not wasting it - tell her you can help her and the family a little but you do not have much (whether you do or not). If she is good she will stay, if she is no good she will find a reason to leave.

I have been lucky, and I know several others who have also been lucky, but I only know one guy who was not . Maybe that is the truth of it - and therefore maybe all the bitter Farangs who were not lucky on Thai Visa are those that thought that a bar girl who is 20+ years younger than them truly loved them for their body and mind. Maybe the happy lucky Farangs have a happy life with a happy wife and dont have time to post/argue/troll all day every day. 

Who knows. :whistling:

A real good one, Bob. It's so true that too many people see all Isaan girls/women as prostitutes !!!

I was pretty shocked when an Aussie biker showed up in Ubon and he seemed to be a decent guy. A friend and I took him out, drove him around for quite a while as he's seeking some companionship.

When we arrived at the first place, a Karaoke bar, he grabbed a waitress' tits and said something really nasty.

WE could finally save his ass from some very dangerous Thai men who're there for security reasons and the Aussie told them to fragg themselves.

Then we left him alone and told him what a dikkhead he was. It's obvious that some posters here never met other girls/women than some prostitutes from all the well- known areas and believe that all female Isaan women are only waiting for an old frog, who'll never change into a good looking prince.

I hope you don't mind when I ad two more tips to your fantastic three.

4. If you're seriously looking for a girl/woman from Isaan and she's telling you stories about her brother's accident and dad;s sick buffaloes, you better take your legs and run as the wind. 

5. See what she does when you ran "out of money". If she takes it seriously, she'll ask a friend and borrow some cash.

It happened to me before I married my wife and the first thing she did was to call her brother who immediately sent her some cash. 

How many Western woman are looking for a wealthy guy? Isn't it the same, but different? G'day.-:whistling:

LOL well said Thaiger1.. Good and bad are close neighbors. You can have them all around the world. 

finla word.

After 13 years I have a ISAAN wife that learned a lot but never spent a dime too much.

She is happy that she can stop the SomTam cart passing our house whenever she like to and she is very proud, she could learn me the Thai style behaviour rules and when the neighbors tell her "Lung" is not Farang and are keen to get me involved in Village's decisions it approved to myself I did my part to a good relationship.

How you shout into a Forest so it will return..

Everyone his style so be what you want and when it goes down the drain don't blame others before you have a good look at yourself..   

On 2/6/2016 at 0:53 PM, hansnl said:

No problem.

Just better yourself.

Get a good education.

But where to get a good education?

And who is going to pay for the education?

It is not that easy, if you come from a real poor family in a small village.

Many times you see that in bigger families one girl goes to work in "social services" to pay for the education of other children in the family.

I think we should never look down our noses to girls working in bars.

Whatever the reason they are human beings, and working for a living, or helping the family.

That around 60% of the women in Isan would like to marry a foreigner has more reasons.

Financial security is probably the most important one.

But, isn't that the main reason if they marry a Thai man.

Of course there are other reasons for marrying a foreigner.

But in this country money is highly important.

Although seen the financial disasters in the west through divorces I wonder if things are really worse in Thailand.

The divorce rate for mixed marriages in Khon Kaen actually is lower as the divorce rate for Thai marriages.

Guess the divorced guys are more vocal?

Same, same for the poor Isaan boys who partner us gay guys - I detest the sneering remarks made by some contributors on TV about these young people from terribly poor Isaan villages who seek a better life the only way they know how - how can they 'get a better education and a better job' as is suggested, with no money and no chance of a another type of job?! You lot who write such drivel obviously live in a complete vacuum away from the realities of Thai life, customs and what is totally acceptable for most Thais - Isaan or otherwise.This is NOT the West so get used to it or leave us and our beautiful Thai partners alone please.

On 8/25/2016 at 3:16 PM, lostinisaan said:

A real good one, Bob. It's so true that too many people see all Isaan girls/women as prostitutes !!!

I was pretty shocked when an Aussie biker showed up in Ubon and he seemed to be a decent guy. A friend and I took him out, drove him around for quite a while as he's seeking some companionship.

When we arrived at the first place, a Karaoke bar, he grabbed a waitress' tits and said something really nasty.

WE could finally save his ass from some very dangerous Thai men who're there for security reasons and the Aussie told them to fragg themselves.

Then we left him alone and told him what a dikkhead he was. It's obvious that some posters here never met other girls/women than some prostitutes from all the well- known areas and believe that all female Isaan women are only waiting for an old frog, who'll never change into a good looking prince.

I hope you don't mind when I ad two more tips to your fantastic three.

4. If you're seriously looking for a girl/woman from Isaan and she's telling you stories about her brother's accident and dad;s sick buffaloes, you better take your legs and run as the wind. 

5. See what she does when you ran "out of money". If she takes it seriously, she'll ask a friend and borrow some cash.

It happened to me before I married my wife and the first thing she did was to call her brother who immediately sent her some cash. 

How many Western woman are looking for a wealthy guy? Isn't it the same, but different? G'day.-:whistling:

Spot on comments by both posters - and this applies to us gay guys with Thai boyfriends/partners - be wary but be very happy if you follow the advise above.

Good luck to you all!

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

Awwww... so sweet to such innocence in an older person still ...... come in spinner

On 06/02/2016 at 7:06 AM, djlest said:

Lived with an issarn girl for the last 12 years, and still think daily about leaving her... Shes not lazy, doesnt ask for money and is completely self sufficient with her own business. so why would i think about leaving her you ask?

Well to put it bluntly - its like living with a child, a very uneducated child. A very boring and highly volatile selfish and closed minded individual. Ofcourse i never thought that when i met her... infact i saw her as being much better than what was currently available, probably one of the better ones. But ask yourself as you live in this 3rd world, is this a step up or a step down? who benefits most from this relationship? us or them?

sadomasochism comes in many forms , but this is a new one to me 

Take your pick. Marrying a Western woman is no bargain either. You'll have to deal with their form of bullshit, which sometimes includes the same "my family is everything" nonsense, etc. With the divorce rate in America hovering around 50% and ridiculously expensive compared to Thailand.....the choice is clear.

11 hours ago, joejai said:

Take your pick. Marrying a Western woman is no bargain either. You'll have to deal with their form of bullshit, which sometimes includes the same "my family is everything" nonsense, etc. With the divorce rate in America hovering around 50% and ridiculously expensive compared to Thailand.....the choice is clear.

Mine's never cost me anything. 

On 2/6/2016 at 9:47 AM, ezzra said:

Dear farangs husbands and poor Issan girls, please continue to marry each other,

he, because he's getting a young thing, and she, because now she can look

after her whole family on the farang's wallet, and than

come to TVF to tell the stories how it all went to the dogs from there, half of these

pages filled with hard luck and stupidity stories about farangs marrying Issan girls.....

Half of all marriages end up turning to shit,  maybe more than half ?   so what is different here ?    With Thai girls marrying Thai guys   or  Western men marrying Western woman,   It's all the same same,  NOT different,    everywhere !!!!  

Archived