Ticket to Paradise: Documentary on Isaan girls’ desire to marry farang shown at JAM

rooster59

On 6 February 2016 at 4:43 AM, Eclipse said:

It is exactly the same.

Give me my Thai Wife against the one I got myself lumbered with in UK and day.

You say "Got lumbered with" Was it an arranged marriage?

I also have a failed marriage to a western woman, but our marriage was a mutual arrangement and now things are different.

Successful relationships Thai, English, African and any other need effort from both sides to succeed, hope your marriage to Thai wife works out well.

If it doesn't, I hope you don't feel like you were lumbered again.Good luck

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually surprised that there is a new documentary on a phenomenon that has existed for many many years. Hasn't this topic been done to death? Poor thai girl from the villages wants a better life so marries a foreigner and somehow more often than not the foreigner happens to be a western man when thai girls marry other nationalities too.

When i read this stories in TV where a farang try to explain how things are and especially were before he came into the thai family with compleet family tree and who sponsored who, who owns who money and so on, i can't help but smile. The truth is that 95 prosent of the farangs don't speak the language and continue to not learn the lingo even after married and living in the country for 15-20 years. Especially english people seems to teach their bride or partner the queens own language, and thats how it goes. Then one can see the disbelief when the man after many years of marriage find out the real story of the family their finances, how little land the family actually owns, debt and so on. Because we dont bother to learn the language there's a hole thing a maskerade going on behind or back that we may or may never know. Why the hell did you not tell me this before " oh darling i did not want to make you angry". Things only appear into the light when the shit hits the fan after some years and you are left with two options, pay or refuse to pay. Most of us pay, of cource we pay, we also don't like to loose face for the village, for the family back home, for our mates and so on. Especially after years of telling everybody how different and honest just our asian family are, and what an exeptionally kind and good wife we have, different from all this money sucking bar girls so many farangs have married. There's a sucker born every second, that's so true, anybody out there can relate?

• 2 weeks later...

It depresses me to see so many jaundiced views on TVF, sure there are many horror stories but there are many who have found a good partner and never reach these pages, they get on with their lives and enjoy themselves instead of whinging about others misfortunes, makes me wonder why so many still stay here in Thailand and not go back to their home land, I'm sure their life there is much better, or maybe not thats why they are here.

Most foreigners with Thai spouse and kids, are together for more then 10 years, and as in any marriage, sometimes good sometimes less, but where do you find a wife who will take care of you when your old and grey, have physical problems or worse...well I know a few where the wife is by his side.(and her family!!)

Take that for a retirement home in out home country.

w're together 15 years with all ups and downs.......wouldn't want to change for anything.

Most foreigners with Thai spouse and kids, are together for more then 10 years, and as in any marriage, sometimes good sometimes less, but where do you find a wife who will take care of you when your old and grey, have physical problems or worse...well I know a few where the wife is by his side.(and her family!!)

Take that for a retirement home in out home country.

w're together 15 years with all ups and downs.......wouldn't want to change for anything.

On 06/02/2016 at 9:47 AM, ezzra said:

Dear farangs husbands and poor Issan girls, please continue to marry each other,

he, because he's getting a young thing, and she, because now she can look

after her whole family on the farang's wallet, and than

come to TVF to tell the stories how it all went to the dogs from there, half of these

pages filled with hard luck and stupidity stories about farangs marrying Issan girls.....

Yes the ones who have a bad time advertise it, the rest of us are quiet.

• 4 months later...

What nonsense.  It's not a documentary it's a badly made propaganda film.  It has nothing to do with trafficking.  The anti traffickers should look to Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan if they really want to help genuinly vulnerable girls.  But Thailand is the soft easy option for these parasitic do Gooders and NGOs. 

Archived