BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Passport Control: Phuket police confirm will hold passports as they see fit

Britain, has become lickspittle to the third world. Do not expect any help.

Roger that ... useless in my opinion ..

It has been like that for well over 50 years. Still no improvement. The staff sit in their ivory towers and don't want you to bother them.

First question would be - do the "boys" have the legal right to confiscate and hold a passport? I thought that they don't. My belief is that it would require an order from the court.

This is the verbal prove that BIB is considering themselves as judge, jury and executioner.

Remember the thousand over souls during an anti-drug campaign when the PM was an ex-cop?

"This is the verbal prove that BIB is considering themselves as judge, jury and executioner." - no, they just consider themselves to be excellent negotiators, for a commission, of course. biggrin.png

Just one more reason to leave Thailand and never look back. coffee1.gif

But obviously you can't.

Oh, but I can and will. Just a matter of time. And not that much. coffee1.gif

Just one more reason to leave Thailand and never look back. coffee1.gif

But obviously you can't.

Oh, but I can and will. Just a matter of time. And not that much. coffee1.gif
Your putting unnecessary pressure on your self. Take a break from thai visa would be a better option.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

"Lost passport is a completely different issue. Get police report and apply at your embassy"

Your country requires you to get a police report before you can replace a lost/stolen passport?

I'm glad America does not require that.

The one and only time I traveled in a third world country without my passport on my person....it was stolen.

By police.

At a police checkpoint.

DOH!!!

Just for grins, I looked up a copy of the lost passport form for the USA. One of the required entries is "describe how you lost your passport" (I'm paraphrasing).

I wonder how they'd proceed under international law if you actually told them your passport was being held in lieu of bail?