Has anyone any experience of learning Japanese in Thailand?

PRO Language Bangkok, Pattaya, Rayong

My girlfriend has visited Japan a few times and taken classes but her Japanese level is still very low.

Has anyone any experience of taking Japanese language classes at one of the language schools? Also can she enter the country and study using an ED visa for these classes?

A lot will depend on where you live. Here in Chonburi there is a lot of small privately run educational facilities. My niece studied Chinese at one before going to university in China, Thai students go all over Asia to study.

If you are in the area, it would be worth having a look in Sri Ratcha, there is a fairly large Japanese area there which may mean that tutoring is more readily available.

If possible, I would avoid the language schools in places like Pattaya, more tourist orientated and that is from personal experience with the one near what was Carrefour.

"Jaa" means "yes" or "why not".

"kimchi" means feels good.

No big deal, just thought I would add something.

Jaa/Ja is not a word per say. It is used as an "identifier" or it places "emphasis" on other words. Either eh or hai are the words of choice for your meaning of Jaa.

The feel good word is Kimochi. Kimchi is Korean fermented cabbage and other vegetables.

Japanese and Korean 101 for today :)

Archived