Best Kodi builds 2016-2021

WorriedNoodle

Here's a new build with a slightly different interface... a selection wheel and a muscle car theme.

Just remember that some Kodi builds and addons do provide access to pirated material,  but we maintain that we are not responsible for the content streamed to your device and neither do we condone piracy, so you must satisfy yourself that either you or the sites accessed for streaming have the copyright agreements in place and are entitled to access this content.

The standard disclaimer... of course. :cool:

Here is a very artistic and visually appealing build:

Just remember that some Kodi builds and addons do provide access to pirated material,  but we maintain that we are not responsible for the content streamed to your device and neither do we condone piracy, so you must satisfy yourself that either you or the sites accessed for streaming have the copyright agreements in place and are entitled to access this content.

43 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I'm no expert on kodi, but am using Durex build on Kodi 17.3 at the moment and very pleased with it.

Is this the one that is supposedly safe to use because it protects against viruses? 

• Like 2

I've had a few builds running on what was kodi 16 then used the fork to get kodi 17.

My box is very old and only running OS 4.4.2

For some reason it has booted off the builds and returned to the standard Kodi format. I have no idea why.  I've run Apollo and the Beast build which I found to be good.

Previously I was running Titanium  but that too disappeared.

Weird....the good thing is that I can still use the Box even with the basic Kodi.  But I will find/use another build as they make life easier

36 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

For some reason it has booted off the builds and returned to the standard Kodi format. I have no idea why.

Because Kodi 16 builds are not compatible with Kodi 17.

If you want to use your Kodi 16 build, but want to have the SSL compatibility, use a Kodi 17 Fork based on 16.1.

Mygica is based on 17.0

FTMC is based on 16.1

In the Kodi settings you should also disable auto update for the Skins, especially for the Estuary skin, but also for the skin your build uses.

Edited by janclaes47

On 14 May, 2017 at 1:34 PM, JaseTheBass said:

I went back to version 3.2.5.5 and stopped it being able to update. Works great and none of the bloatware.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

any idea where I can find this ES Explorer apk?

nvm got it….now just figuring out how to instal….first delete my old es? Or instal old one and delete new one?

Edited by JHolmesJr

On ‎3‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, phetphet said:

I'm no expert on kodi, but am using Durex build on Kodi 17.3 at the moment and very pleased with it.

The Durex Build does have some good reviews - see here.

There is a new Xenon Build available... looks good.

• 3 weeks later...

Zen is gone and replaced by Elysium. Gadget Junkie has created a new build that updates you. Here is a look at how to make it run and what you get from the upgrade.

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

For some reason the search function on Exodus seems to have stopped working.

Search works in FTMC 16.2.29 (amlogic), android KitKat 4.4, with the SSL and Python updates.

What version of KODI are you using? 

Exodus is now repo V3.0 and the addon at 3.1.19

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

Search works in FTMC 16.2.29 (amlogic), android KitKat 4.4, with the SSL and Python updates.

What version of KODI are you using? 

Exodus is now repo V3.0 and the addon at 3.1.19

The latest. 17.3. I also updated Exodus to 3.1.19. It is on my laptop.

20 minutes ago, GarryP said:

The latest. 17.3. I also updated Exodus to 3.1.19. It is on my laptop.

Have you tried uninstalling Exodus and deleting all the existing Exodus information in the user folder?

Reinstall from scratch again and see if that fixes it.

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Have you tried uninstalling Exodus and deleting all the existing Exodus information in the user folder?

Reinstall from scratch again and see if that fixes it.

I'll try that tomorrow if I have time.

On 24/06/2017 at 0:52 PM, Jai Dee said:

Zen is gone and replaced by Elysium. Gadget Junkie has created a new build that updates you. Here is a look at how to make it run and what you get from the upgrade.

I noticed that there was an update for my Durex build the other day. Once I updated it added Elysium.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:52 PM, Jai Dee said:

UPDATE:

Gadget Junkie has released an update via Twitter stating his build will no longer be working... the build will continue to work for awhile, but will no longer be updated.

• 2 months later...

Wow that Infusion build does look good.  I've been using Pulse lately but may change to this one.

First things first I have to get 3BB techo's out to check their fibre lines.  Our signal has been terrible the last 2 weeks....had a techo out a week ago and he was useless.  He said to the missus that we need an access point!  <deleted> the box is right near the modem. 

It was a Saturday and he was just being lazy. He didn't even bother to bring in his box of tricks to test the line.  I was none too impressed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/09/2017 at 2:57 PM, Jai Dee said:

The Infusion build looks nice...

Its nice but hangs a lot. Tried various instals on 17.4 but in the end just to slow liading films ect. Hope it gets sorted 

Have tried several ways now of getting infusion non seem to work on 17.4 well at least not my end. The skin and software load fine but it will not retrive films or tv shows from its add ons.

I went to Ares superlight loaded no problem and all films add ons and tv shows work well. Great user friendly interface. Will keep with this and see how it developes.

I installed it though Ares Wizard which is great as well hundreds of builds all in one place.

Edited by jeab1980

OTT with regard to builds as such but I've had a couple of issues crop up I'm trying to resolve. Always found the Kodi forums useful for that. Been down for a week or so now, seems they have major problems with their hosting service. Hopefully not too long before it's up again.

Sent using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Been down for a week or so now, seems they have major problems with their hosting service. Hopefully not too long before it's up again.

What has been down SooKee?

I have no issues obtaining good HD streaming sources.

1 minute ago, SooKee said:

Kodi forums.

I understand you now.

It seems that ThaiVisa isn't the only Forum having problems with migrations.

I did like their footnote:

1.Sadly not much is known of the migration patterns of the Large Webservers (Boxorum Linus Magna). They are known to frequent cold and dark environments and can easily be found in such places. How exactly they manage to traverse the vast distances between these sparsely available nesting locations has been a mystery which only recently has begun to be unlocked through meticulous study of their signature droppings and by listening to the telltale soft pings they give off while exercising their mating rituals.

13 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

I understand you now.

It seems that ThaiVisa isn't the only Forum having problems with migrations.

I did like their footnote:

1.Sadly not much is known of the migration patterns of the Large Webservers (Boxorum Linus Magna). They are known to frequent cold and dark environments and can easily be found in such places. How exactly they manage to traverse the vast distances between these sparsely available nesting locations has been a mystery which only recently has begun to be unlocked through meticulous study of their signature droppings and by listening to the telltale soft pings they give off while exercising their mating rituals.

Yah, made me smile :)

• 4 weeks later...