Best Kodi builds 2016-2021

WorriedNoodle

Yes, buffering is a good point, although there are also live YouTube channels that still do far better than some of these add-ons on Kodi (maybe they have larger buffer !?), so we go back to the source issue.

I don't see how having a faster internet will help to connect to those faraway servers than Singapore, after all my faster speed is only from/to my ISP server/hub, my subscription doesn't give me more speed if the ISP server has bandwidth issue to connect to those faraway servers... !?

Edited by Agusts

25 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Yes, buffering is a good point, although there are also live YouTube channels that still do far better than some of these add-ons on Kodi (maybe they have larger buffer !?), so we go back to the source issue.

I don't see how having a faster internet will help to connect to those faraway servers than Singapore, after all my faster speed is only from/to my ISP server/hub, my subscription doesn't give me more speed if the ISP server has bandwidth issue to connect to those faraway servers... !?

Your download speed to Singapore will be a multiple of the download speed to Europe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agusts said:

If you are with 3BB, they do have an option which they don't advertise, and their kiosk staff seem to have never heard of, which gives you a better/faster/bigger bandwidth connection to international servers. It costs you more of course, 960฿ compared to 590 (?) for their normal deal, you would have to ring their call centre to sign up probably. Of course, if it is the old copper wire to your house, dangling off bamboo poles that is slowing you down, it won't help you ....

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 10:49 PM, MikeN said:

If you are with 3BB, they do have an option which they don't advertise, and their kiosk staff seem to have never heard of, which gives you a better/faster/bigger bandwidth connection to international servers. It costs you more of course, 960฿ compared to 590 (?) for their normal deal, you would have to ring their call centre to sign up probably. Of course, if it is the old copper wire to your house, dangling off bamboo poles that is slowing you down, it won't help you ....

Maybe you are talking about something different but I pay 1200 baht for 200 Mbps download and get that with LAN and Wifi.

• 1 year later...

The build I have is no longer working, or rather the addons have either moved or are no longer supported.

Admittedly it hasn't been used or updated in 2 years.

I was thinking about a fresh install of Kodi 18 and trying to find some working addons to populate it with.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a new build that is lite and easy and and working well?

Edited by Encid

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Result said:

Can you tell the difference between 4K and 1080p?

Not really anything to do with this particular topic, but yes.

4k.jpg

Drop into your local PowerBuy store and see for yourself.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Now that Kodi Version 19 has been released, it is important to note that Kodi 19 is built on Python 3 so most of the builds and addons that are available will no longer work.

The Diggz Xenon build has been upgraded and is now compatible with Kodi 19.

Diggz Xenon is one of the most popular Kodi Builds available, as it’s full of content, categories, and has a user-friendly interface.

diggz-xenon-kodi-17.png.d4d718248a5be92f39b51d417b8aea32.png

The installation repo can be obtained here.

• 3 months later...

My Hi Media boxes are getting a bit long in the tooth (haven't supported Kodi from v14/15) & with FIlelinked going offline I'm struggling to keep the apps I use for streaming upto date so figured I would try going back to using Kodi. 

Any recommendations for a decent Android box to use as a base?

9 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Any recommendations for a decent Android box to use as a base?

Have a scroll through this topic and see what other members are talking about.

I will give it a bump to see if we can get some more recent recommendations.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have been using kodi for a longtime 

Upgraded to 19.3 and lost the use of redux , tempest addons

Was using oath which was good until a day ago swicthed to crew but this is still not loading well and all the new addons want to use real debrid which you have to pay for is there other free working addons

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2022 at 11:44 AM, noosard said:

Have been using kodi for a longtime 

Upgraded to 19.3 and lost the use of redux , tempest addons

Was using oath which was good until a day ago swicthed to crew but this is still not loading well and all the new addons want to use real debrid which you have to pay for is there other free working addons

Real -Debrid is cheap as and is really worth every cent

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, masterpasser said:

Real -Debrid is cheap as and is really worth every cent

Agree all the Debrid sites are worth the money. I used to use Real Debrid but had a problem paying with MasterCard. I now use All debrid, just the same, price the same and just as good no problems.

Pick up excellent links on Kodi using Seren and Fen (now back on). Put together with a Trackt or Imdb account, can't go wrong.

Use this site for instructions on how to install Kodi add ons, very good and regularly updated.

https://howtomediacenter.com/en/the-best-kodi-addons-list/

Edited by elfpattaya
  • Like 1