Best Kodi builds 2016-2021

WorriedNoodle

33 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Be careful what you read from TVaddons.

Link 1

Link 2

Yeah, I don't normally bother to be honest.  This just cropped up on a news feed.  Interesting though if theme developers are effectively embedding things that you may not want.  One of the reasons I stay away from builds (bloat and junk) and non-standard themes.

Seems to be a legit concern as people are downloading the theme only to find the add-on enabled:

Which even the developer acknowledges:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306757

Edited by SooKee

1 minute ago, SooKee said:

Yeah, I don't normally bother to be honest.  This just cropped up on a news feed.  Interesting though if theme developers are effectively embedding things that you may not want.  One of the reasons I stay away from builds (bloat and junk) and non-standard themes.

The 2 skins that have the unwanted addon are the official Kodi skins, so they come with the initial install of Kodi

The 2 skins that have the unwanted addon are the official Kodi skins, so they come with the initial install of Kodi

AFAIK Estuary Mod is not the same as the default Estuary skin. It is an adapted version of it. Embuary was also not one of the default skins in my DL of Kodi 17 from the Play Store. Estuary and the touch screen optimised Estouchy. Hopefully I'm not wrong on the Estuary front.   

Whether any of that changes with K18 I'm not sure. I avoid betas.

Sent using Tapatalk

Wondering what the latest recommendations for builds are? I was using Exodus and UK turks at the beginning of the year (mostly for movies), then after the legal  problems mid year I've been using Specto-fork which works ok. However, I've recently not been having much luck finding any available streams for most of the 2017 movies... so wondering if there's any better alternatives. 

I have the AIS playbox, so any builds would need to be compatible with Kodi Jarvis 16.1.

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

I have the AIS playbox, so any builds would need to be compatible with Kodi Jarvis 16.1.

If you install the Ares Wizard, then start it running (Program Addons), then select Browse Builds they have a selection of Jarvis compatible builds you can try.

Capture.JPG

Most addon developers have moved to SSL (https) so many addons which worked on Jarvis before will soon stop working.

Can you not upgrade your Kodi to the latest Krypton v17.5.1?

4 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Can you not upgrade your Kodi to the latest Krypton v17.5.1?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so... others on here might know. Basically it's the AIS playbox which is running Android 4.4.2 so it may not be possible. 

10 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

I'm not sure, but I don't think so... others on here might know. Basically it's the AIS playbox which is running Android 4.4.2 so it may not be possible. 

You can download CEMC from Google Play store.

Or Google EBMC or FTMC. 

All of these will allow you to run Kodi Krypton on Android 4.4.2

Edited by tlcwaterfall

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

I just read that AIS will start blocking add-ons on their android boxes. I read it in a notification on Line or an sms from them. Can't remember which. And I am not even certain whether they could do that.

The only two add-ons I bother with now are Covenant and Elysium, the first for preference as the second often takes you to a dead end.

I find I use Terrarium less and less these days (the app that is). Used to be really good but I find these days that quite often it has no source available, many of them are SD or worse, have had numerous instances of buffering and even just complete lock ups and the damn ads seem to be getting worse and longer. Back to using Kodi now for the odd thing I want to watch that I can't get elsewhere.

Will try Myriad

Sent using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed an updated URL resolver should sort out a lot of problems.

I'm also using Pyramid as an add on a lot.  It tends to have good sources that don't buffer and actually play.  Good quality too...even their SD is pretty good and no darn Cam quality rubbish.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Covenant has also died a death now alongside URL Resolver and number of repos and the various wizards etc.  Kodi has always been a bit of a nuisance to maintain but with the constant changes and coming and goings of add-ons I've all but consigned it to the scrap heap just lately, just way to much hard work trying to keep up and stop the damn thing from breaking.  Folks with Covenant are being advised not to uninstall it as it will work, just won't be maintained.  That said I've noticed a load of dead-ends, links to wrong files and very very little that's actually HD.  

http://www.techradar.com/news/kodi-add-on-covenant-and-others-shut-down-in-face-of-legal-action

• 1 month later...

Exodus is pretty much dead, some of the TV series can still load and be watched but I can't load any movies anymore. 

Sad, I liked Exodus.

The new must have add-on is Neptune Rising, it's very similar to Exodus and it works fine on my PC version Kodi.

Tomorrow I gonna load it on my Mi TV box.

http://www.wirelesshack.org/how-to-install-neptune-rising-kodi-addon.html

Edited by guzzi850m2

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded No Limits Build and have had it for quite some time, re-installed it yesterday. I am finding that searching for a specific movie is becoming so difficult, at one time you could do a named movie search and get it almost immediately. Has the kodi system changed now?

Kodi still works as it was designed to do, but several video addon developers were recently issued a cease and desist order by ACE, which resulted in a number of them going offline.

Most do back within a week or so under new names or the repos have new addresses etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have decided to purchase a Kodi box and try to follow the thread by Jai Dee Kodi for dummies. My son will help (i hope) but i wish to purchase the box first from Zeer Rangsit prior to his arrival. 

I see there are many different threads here which i have read but could someone point me in the direction of a decent box thread, what are minimum requirements and ports etc, or the kodi box model ID.

I have AIS fiber but my router is not near my TV if that makes a difference. and wish to watch sports, movies and some series.

In an ideal world, i would have preferred to go to a shop and ask them to build it, but i will attempt myself as i doubt that is possible.

Thank you in advance for your advice and patience.

I have just bumped an old topic that had some good information on Android boxes in it.

See here.

You would be best to use hard-wired ethernet rather than wifi.

Perhaps powerline adapters could be your solution... have a browse through that topic and see what others are using.

• Like 1

i have the ais 100/40mbs. was told that, (an every time i start the play box it says), better to run an hdmi cable than use wifi.

i run speed tests and get faster speeds ( right now 106/41  using wifi, (my laptop is .2 meters from the modem, tv about 2. 5M) than using the hdmi cable  LOL

I got my android box (kodi is the build ) online 

also get the add ons,  Supremacy, Placenta, sports devil

type in "kodi builds" in you tube

Edited by phuketrichard

I also got MX9 Pro (2GB/16GB) and it seems to work fine with my WiFi, okay, occasionally it hangs but I sometime think this may not just be my internet but the source that feed the stream. I usually go for 720 rather than 1080 (to my eyes not much of a difference, okay my TV here is not that large). I found the SD stream to actually be worse, the source usually can not give you the feed, maybe they are on low bandwidth - I doubt it is my internet as 720 streams work fine at the same time... !!!

My gripe with Kodi and it's add-ons at the moment is they sometime miss very simple things for the user interface:

1- Sort the damn lists - how difficult is it.. !?

2- Why not just put a search option, so I don't have to scroll through 1000s of items to find what I want - doh.... ! 

Although some do, but not all. And another thing is how I can download and save a movie or show for later viewing (I haven't figured that out yet). In fact can't even make a backup on Ares Wizard because it doesn't let me create a new folder on my local disk - I think I can only save in certain folders on Linux without being admin. I forgot Linux since I used it 20 years ago, I am corporate Windows only person now...lol

• Like 1

Most video addons have a search function... you need to look at the addon options.

It is possible to download movies via most video addons.

You will need to enable downloads in the addon settings and specify the storage location for your downloads.

Again... explore all settings and options in your video addon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I use the Kodi that came with my box and just add video add-ons, have Supremacy, Placenta, Incursion and a few others.

Basically getting any movie is easy, some foreign ones that I like don't come with subtitle though, for example I like to see the Angelina Jolin's First They Killed My Father about Cambodia, but no subtitle....I think there is a way to download the subtitle separately but too much hassle, I just go to another movie....lol

The live sports on Sport Devil (UK or UEFA football mainly) is very disappointing, hard to find and quality is terrible, and it keeps cutting out. One link works for a few minutes and not again, then another link - I think they shut them down constantly and they have to change the IP etc...

Also I don't have a fast internet and use WiFi but the issue, as I have mentioned before, is the source. I can watch a HD video on YouTube (not FHD) perfectly, but at the same time the Kodi links for even SD hang, so it is not at my end but the provider is lacking bandwidth - perhaps too many customers/viewers. 

I never tried a full build, but I am not sure it will be any different, perhaps it might automatically try various links and save the hassle, but I think there are all the same link at the end of the day.... 

5 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Also I don't have a fast internet and use WiFi but the issue, as I have mentioned before, is the source.

No it's not

5 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I can watch a HD video on YouTube (not FHD) perfectly, but at the same time the Kodi links for even SD hang, so it is not at my end but the provider is lacking bandwidth - perhaps too many customers/viewers. 

Youtube streams from Singapore server, while streams in Kodi may come from a server at the other side of the world.

So your connection to Youtube will be much better than to a server in England or wherever in the world.

There is also a huge difference in streaming a video or a live stream over wifi, because wifi is unstable all the time.

A video loads in the buffer at the monents you speed is high, a live stream can not load in the buffer.